Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of U.K.
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 7, 2017 23:10

Please not vile park!!!

KRO. drinking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 7, 2017 23:13

I don't expect a real UK, too.
Just a few shows – Glastonbury or Knebworth plus 2-3 times the O2 in London. And – just to go out in style – the final show of their career at the Ealing Club (or what's left of it => [www.ealingclub.com])

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 7, 2017 23:18

This is very good news. I hope we get to see Bjornulf’s dream lineup at Knebworth. However, the Stones may have to take a “backseat” to the two
history making reunions of Pink Floyd and Zep.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 7, 2017 23:20

The third band IS Pink Floyd, and locations are already chosen.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 7, 2017 23:49

bv
UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about. Knebworth three days with wish list mega-acts The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and one more. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and of course England shows. Don't book your holiday to Spain next summer. Tell your partner UK is a great place to be in the summer of 2018.

Well. Who knows. I keep my fingers crossed but the No Filter tour was also gonna start a lot earlier and got delayed.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 8, 2017 00:01

schwonek
bv
UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about. Knebworth three days with wish list mega-acts The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and one more. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and of course England shows. Don't book your holiday to Spain next summer. Tell your partner UK is a great place to be in the summer of 2018.

Well. Who knows. I keep my fingers crossed but the No Filter tour was also gonna start a lot earlier and got delayed.
UK it will be. Stones and Led Zep.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 8, 2017 00:04

roller99
The third band IS Pink Floyd, and locations are already chosen.

Thanks for the news Roller! Anymore details? Assuming David and Rodger?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 8, 2017 00:53

schwonek
bv

Yes this years tour was delayed and let's be very thankful that it was because everyone knows why the tour was delayed and the news could have been a lot worse than a tour delay.

Nate

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: October 8, 2017 01:11

Some kind of an "easter egg" ......?????

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 8, 2017 10:04

Nate
schwonek
bv

Yes this years tour was delayed and let's be very thankful that it was because everyone knows why the tour was delayed and the news could have been a lot worse than a tour delay.

Nate

Very well put remark Nate!!
Hope to meet you, next Year.
Jeroen

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: October 8, 2017 11:08

EDIT: I was wrong in this post ;-) "deleted..." :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-08 15:13 by Tekumseh.

Date: October 8, 2017 11:23

Bjornulf..you say keep the summer free.i have to tell my boss i will be in the UK next summer.but what period do you think..
June till august?please enlighten us.thanks jeroen.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: October 8, 2017 11:26

For a true FAREWELL/GOODBEY/FINAL concertticket of STONES/FLOYD/ZEPPELIN ....

well ... i would spend anything i had to spent

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 8, 2017 11:52

Tekumseh
Roger Waters is gonna play Glastonbury 29th and 30th of June. Last February there were rumours that Nick Mason and Roger Waters wanted to join Glastonbury shows as Pink Floyd, if David Gilmour was ready (Somerset Live: Glastonbury Festival)

Other rumours has been that Knebworth and Glastonbury festivals will be merged into one. That makes sense with the Pink Floyd rumours.

Led Zeppelin has also talked about a reunion for their 50 years anniversary I could read about in their own forum @ ledzeppelin.com. So there could be something in it.

But if it is so, it'll be a BIG (!!) festival and it will be sold out in minutes, and I'm afraid festival ticket prices will be sky high. If you're unlucky and have to buy tickets from a ticket scalper, you're gonna have to sell your car... :-)

Roger Waters is playing in Glasgow June 29 and June 30 at the SSE Hydro - tickets are currently on sale right now.

From your link, I see:

"Could Pink Floyd finally make a Glastonbury appearance in 2019 or 2020"?

And:

"And now Pink Floyd's Roger Waters is to play across the UK next year.
Dreamers will be hoping the activity from Waters could pave the way for a Pink Floyd reunion or at the very least a Waters slot at a future Glastonbury"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-08 11:53 by Hairball.

Date: October 8, 2017 12:11

BarRoomQueen and I have our Roger Waters tickets for Hyde Park. Definitely a gig to see on the big outdoor stage.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 8, 2017 12:15

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin reunion two huge highlights.
Stones Knebworth return is a real one but seems also almost a secondary event...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-08 14:54 by powerage78.

Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: October 8, 2017 12:15

ithought neil young and waters were the standouts 2nd weekend

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 8, 2017 12:38

They shouldn´t do these gigs where it ends up
as a competition. They are the biggest and should
do their own shows without the Pink Zeppelin. No one
should play the same stage after them.

Date: October 8, 2017 14:05

Today many bands can however...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 8, 2017 14:11

odean73
Please not vile park!!!

KRO. drinking smiley

You'd still go grinning smiley I know you're a blue but for the Stones I'm sure you'd get over it winking smiley

But on outdoor shows in general, Brom does seem to miss out horribly, yet it has 2 of the best known and frequently used for concerts indoor arenas in the country in the NIA and the NEC (not using Sponsors' names). Villa Park, the Hawthorns, St Andrews and probably Edgebaston would all seem capable of hosting concerts but seldom if ever do. I have vague memories of local Band Duran Duran doing Villa Park in the 80s but little since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-08 14:31 by grzegorz67.

Date: October 8, 2017 14:22

Would love a gig on the Isles of Scilly.
Jeroen

Date: October 8, 2017 14:33

corriecas
Would love a gig on the Isles of Scilly.
Jeroen

Why not a show on Shetland then grinning smiley They did the Isle of Wight Festival 10 years ago !

Date: October 8, 2017 14:39

Where would they play in Scotland and Wales.would love to go there again.
Jeroen

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 8, 2017 14:44

corriecas
Jeroen

Glasgow (Hampden Park) or Edinburgh (Murrayfield Stadium).
Cardiff (Principality Stadium).
Just guessing.

Date: October 8, 2017 14:49

corriecas
Jeroen

In Scotland it would be either Hampden (Glasgow) or Murrayfield (Edinburgh). I'm a Scot myself and I'd prefer Murrayfield but Hampden is the oldest international football stadium in the World so a strong candidate too. They've done Hampden twice (1990 & 2006) and Murrayfield once (1999 - I was there)

Cardiff would be the Principality Stadium. Excellent concert venue with a retractable roof and very good sound. I was at the show there in 2006. It's Also right in the City Centre, literally 5 minutes from the Rail Station.

Date: October 8, 2017 14:52

Scotland Hampden is great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-08 14:53 by powerage78.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 8, 2017 14:57

I would love to see the Pink Floyd reunion, but I can't see that happening. Roger is on a huge European tour from mid-April till the end of August. There is a 3 week gap in July now, but it says "more dates to be announced soon" (45 dates so far). [rogerwaters.com]

I can't see how this could be done without quite a lot of time necessary for the preparations and rehearsals. True, Roger's show is mostly Pink Floyd songs, so one could assume that all it needs is David and Nick to join, but I doubt that it would be that simple. It would be a dream come true of course.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 8, 2017 15:02

Such a festival might have a good influence on the Stones, they sure want to save their title as the Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band in the World: 3 months of rehearsals, 30 songs, Keith practising scales every day ahead of the tour, Charlie going out for a jog every morning, Ronnie working out in the gym grinning smiley

No, but I think the Stones will do something special in order to keep up with rest of the bands. They won't just stretch out the No Filter tour...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 8, 2017 15:04

grzegorz67
odean73
Please not vile park!!!

KRO. drinking smiley

You'd still go grinning smiley I know you're a blue but for the Stones I'm sure you'd get over it winking smiley

But on outdoor shows in general, Brom does seem to miss out horribly, yet it has 2 of the best known and frequently used for concerts indoor arenas in the country in the NIA and the NEC (not using Sponsors' names). Villa Park, the Hawthorns, St Andrews and probably Edgebaston would all seem capable of hosting concerts but seldom if ever do. I have vague memories of local Band Duran Duran doing Villa Park in the 80s but little since.

I would still go.

Edgbaston would be a good choice.
I think Springsteen done villa park.

St Andrews had UB40 and Duran Duran a good few years ago.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: October 8, 2017 15:15

Hairball
Roger Waters is playing in Glasgow June 29 and June 30 at the SSE Hydro - tickets are currently on sale right now.

From your link, I see:

"Could Pink Floyd finally make a Glastonbury appearance in 2019 or 2020"?

And:

"And now Pink Floyd's Roger Waters is to play across the UK next year.
Dreamers will be hoping the activity from Waters could pave the way for a Pink Floyd reunion or at the very least a Waters slot at a future Glastonbury"
Sorry, I didn't read through, and I misunderstood a few things there. Forget about my post (I was dreaming I guess :-) )

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home