Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

back of my hand
Posted by: jss ()
Date: September 13, 2005 12:19

been listening to the new album in bits and pieces, to absorb it more easily and i think that the centerpiece is really back of my hand...if anything this is mick's tour de force with him covering almost every instrument, vocals, and playing some real tasty blues.
i went and put back of my hand with break the spell and what a great pair of songs. this would be some thing nice it they could put a blusier section into the show...apparently mick could handle the slide guitar work...a real return to the roots...

Re: back of my hand
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 13, 2005 17:41

I enjoy Back Of My Hand a lot too. The song it instantly reminds me of is You Gotta Move.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 13, 2005 21:08

I mentioned this in an earlier thread. When I first heard this song, it immediately reminded me of the outtake on the new Gimme Shelter DVD with Mick playing guitar backstage sitting with Ike and Tina Turner. Anyone else think so?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 13, 2005 21:17

hey - it instantly reminds me of about 3,807 blues songs...they haven't exactly stretched the blues idiom with this one....

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 13, 2005 22:14

It is nothing special at all. (Break the Spell WAS a different/fresh approach to their blues roots).

Just Mick having a small nostalgia trip and flexing his multi-instrumental talents.

My lowest point on the album - the one I cannot bear to listen to and therefore skip.

Posted by: pafult01 ()
Date: September 13, 2005 23:02

I love Back of My Hand. Of course it isn't innovative musically, but it is the great feeling in the song that I love. Same thing with You Gotta Move. Can't stand Break the Spell, though - something about those whispered vocals turns me off.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 13, 2005 23:05

they havent stretched the blues idion, but muddy would be proud!!! best all

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 13, 2005 23:06

my grammar needs work.....IDIOM

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: September 14, 2005 01:04

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey - it instantly reminds me of about 3,807 blues
> songs...they haven't exactly stretched the blues
> idiom with this one....

I agree, T&A. Although I still like it overall, I do think they could have really blown this one up with alot more Charlie and some more guitar support (in a way to build the song up, sock it to you in typical Stones fashion instead of the same pace throughout).

It was pretty impressive live (somewhat different arrangement)!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 14, 2005 01:37

true, crossfire - kinda wished they had opened it up a bit on the album version as on the stage.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 14, 2005 02:15

I'd far rather hear 2012 Chicago Avenue on stage, (and Break the Spell!).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home