Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Which '78 Anaheim Show?
Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: September 13, 2005 05:24

Does anyone know which Anaheim show in 78 it was (I think there were two) that was the famous "I want everyone's shoes right now!" show where everyone threw their shoes on the stage and stage hands had to sweep them off with a push broom? I was there, and would like to get a boot. Does anyone know the date of that show? Thanks. -Jimmy

Re: Which '78 Anaheim Show?
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 13, 2005 06:30

hey big bang ,,which show i don't no ,,there was 2 ,,july 23 & 24 but is that what jagger said ,,or who said ,i want every1s shoes ,,,i got a different version right from woody ,,,i have & a radio show on cassette that i recd. in 79 for the emotional rescue album,,, ya no ,,,interviews with the band members & stuff,, & the interviewer asks woody ,,were their any memborable moments from the 78 tour,,& woody says ya many ,,but the biggest 1 is the shoe show ,,,& the interviewer says,, what ya mean,,,& woody says we were in Ca. & this chick threw all her clothes on stage,,,& mick said 2 her ,,,why don't ya throw your shoes up 2 ,,,well after that comment the stage got covered with shoes,,,,i still have this tape & played it & that's according 2 woody ,,,their is a pic which i saved from some site on line ,,, taken onstage where jagger is amougst all the shoes,,,big bang ,,,,how were they that day,,were ya up front ,,fill me in

Date: September 13, 2005 06:37

Yeah, I remember reading an interview in Rolling Stone I think sometime in the 80s or early 90s where he said basically the same thing... I was on the grass at about center stage. It was a great show, what I remember of it having indulged quite heavily that day waiting for the Stones to come on. It was my first Stones show, which is the reason for the interest in the boot.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 13, 2005 06:47

tanks for info ,,,the reason i asked because Cal. was the last stop on the tour ,,& witnesses say those last few shows ,,,jagger was practically screaming his lungs out sorta like the end of the 72 tour ,,it was a big buzz for stones fans @ the time ,,ya no stuff like,, lets go c jagger lose his voice

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 13, 2005 07:52

I've always wondered between which songs "the shoe Incident" happened.
The boot I have, due to edits, has very little between-song chatter,
and is missing Love IN Vain (although I know they did it at the show).
I was at the 23rd show and have the boot, and Jagger is quite vocal
between songs, clearly under the influence of a variety of substances,
but his vocals are great, especially LIV.
He has his big jacket on in pictures I've seen when the stage is littered
in shoes, so I suspect it happened pretty early in the show.
Anybody have different tapes than Return To Liver?

Posted by: smith ()
Date: September 13, 2005 09:58

There's a complete aud.-tape of the whole show. "Return To Liver" was the 1st release of this show, a little bit later another 2LP-set with the title "On Tour" was released (with a pic. of Jagger from A.Leibovitz on front). Interesting enough this 2nd release includes "Love In Vain" but omits another song (can't remember which one) which is present on "Return To Liver". So if you have both you have the entire concert - minus the edits between the songs.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: September 13, 2005 13:31

The show where the shows are thrown on stage is 24th July. A great show from the 78 Tour.

Date: September 13, 2005 15:44

Does anyone know how I can get this show on CD? I'm clueless about this stuff. Thanks.

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: September 13, 2005 20:13

RSVP 2000 should have it.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 13, 2005 20:30

So let me get this straight, you'd like to get a boot from the shoe show?

Just Kidding.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 13, 2005 20:48

i was there...and Mick, i want my converse all-stars back....best to all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home