Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why Aren't Tumblin' Dice & YCAGWYW Sounding Better this Tour ??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 13, 2005 01:40

Anyone have an opinion on that ? I don't think it's just me who doesn't think the current arrangements are anywhere near past standards..

Re: Tumbling Dice, my non-musician's opinion is that they are just playing it way too early in the set... I think it's one of those perfect sing-alongs to play once the crowd is sufficiently "Stoned"... like it really belongs in the last half of the concert after the b-stage.

Someone else mentioned that there aren't enough horns on it, and that very well might be the case...

ANYWAY PLEASE BRING BACK MY FAVORITE LIVE SONG ! IT DOESN'T WORK IN SLOT FOUR !

As for YCAGWYW, I've really liked this song in concert since first hearing it in '72... but the last couple gigs it seems underwhelming... very enjoyable as it is, but again not up to standards of past tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-13 06:59 by CreedenceLives.

Re: Why Isn't Tumblin' Dice Sounding Better this Tour ??
Posted by: czr ()
Date: September 13, 2005 06:05

Why aren't you...... sounding better this tour????? Sounded great in Moncton. Pick on sombody your own size!!!! Horns on Tumbling Dice??????? The most rawwest tune ever. Horns???????? Are you sure your not mistaking the Stones for the Beatles??? I think your confused. Sgt Pepper Now theres horns!!!! Go listen to that if you want horns. Just be glad they played it.

Re: Why Isn't Tumblin' Dice Sounding Better this Tour ??
Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 13, 2005 06:28

I preferred the versions in Boston to those on any recent tour - may have been an uninspired or 'off' number that night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2204
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home