Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A few observations of Mick these past few shows
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: September 12, 2005 20:09

After three shows this past week I am happy to report that Mick has really loosened up on stage considerably. There was a time, especially during the outdoor Babylon and Licks shows where his moves were too choreographed and robotic. In St. Paul and Milwaukee he was fluid as can be, which tends to be the case in the arena shows, but he was the same way at Soldier Field despite having to work a stage floor at least twice as large.

His singing was great all three nights, maybe even better than during Licks and No Security which was greatly improved over Vodoo Lounge and Steel Wheels. And just when I'm tempted to credit technology with some of the improvement, I am thrilled to point out that he threw in a lot of the little "well alrights" and "yeah yeahs" throughout all three shows.

Best of all, he's really smiling a lot on stage as opposed to the overly serious painful look we've seen in the past. Toward the end of Saturday's show in Chicago, he went back and faced Charlie, pulled his shirt up mid-song...Charlie laughed, Mick spun around, laughed and kept the grin.

These were all improvements I had been hoping for. To top it off, I have always hoped for a long, maybe 6-8 minute version of a Chuck Berry song...just keep it going with that great, fun back beat. Well, they closed Chicago with an over six minute version of IORR which the way it is played live is one in the same!

For all of you waiting to see them...get ready for a great time!

Re: A few observations of Mick these past few shows
Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 12, 2005 21:53

I must agree. The band was extremely loose on Saturday and it was fantastic. It was obvious they were having fun up there. Many moments when the band seemed to just be cracking up at the dancing Jagger was getting away with.

Me and my crew were 5th row in the only lit section in the house. Why they didnt turn off the overhead lights in the club seats is beyond me. The other side was clearly not lit. Oh well. Thankfully everyone in our section was really diggin the whole show. Some people left during the Keith set, others sat down (EVEN THROUGH INFAMY!) but for the rest of the show most everyone in our section was up and dancing. There was one lady who sat behind our group and she wanted to sit for most of the show it seemed. During the beginning of Out of Control some guy asked my friend to sit down (keep in mind it was about 50/50 sit/stand ratio) so he just played dumb like he couldnt hear the dude and I yelled "Who sits at a @#$%& Stones concert?!?!" and then everyone got off their asses.

Great show. Great tour, despite the setlist.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 13, 2005 00:53

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and I yelled
> "Who sits at a @#$%& Stones concert?!?!"

I know this one: Charlie. Everyone else better be dancing, singing or playing an instrument.

Great post Drake. And a great city in which to see the Stones.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 13, 2005 00:57

anyone else notice the pronounced acoustic guitar (Blondie's I presume) is very up in the mix on She's So Cold on the Chicago recording. Sounds weird....

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: September 13, 2005 01:30

Actually, Micks' and Keith's vocals were so good in Hartford I wondered if they were pre-recorded. Obviously I know they were not, but I actually thought of it, because they were that good. It has been posted about several performances, but I hope they keep the mix the same throughout the entire tour. They blow you away, and 98% of what you hear is the Stones and the Stones playing. I don't believe I could even hear Chuck in Hartford, and I could barely hear the back up singers. Mick seemed like he could have sung fifty songs he had so much energy.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: September 13, 2005 01:32

That sounds great

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home