Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any info on this
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 22, 2017 11:54

Apologies I have already posted this on the Amsterdam heading, but hoping to get more info.

My friend recently went to see U2 at Amsterdam and was given a tip off to purchase some noise cancelling head phones outside the arena for around 10 Euros to enhance the sound in the arena, due to its reportedly bad acoustics.
My friend said that the head phones worked well.
Anybody else heard or actually brought any of these?

Re: Any info on this
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 22, 2017 12:54

odean73
Apologies I have already posted this on the Amsterdam heading, but hoping to get more info.

My friend recently went to see U2 at Amsterdam and was given a tip off to purchase some noise cancelling head phones outside the arena for around 10 Euros to enhance the sound in the arena, due to its reportedly bad acoustics.
My friend said that the head phones worked well.
Anybody else heard or actually brought any of these?

I am not sure if you are asking about that arena specific or ear protection in general.

If you are asking arena specific I don't know... maybe someone else does...

If you are asking about ear protection in general there is a pretty good thread which Bliss started and I (one of me) and some other IORRers posted a bunch of good info about this. HERE

I no longer attend any concert without carrying ing a pair of good ear protection with me. 73% of the time they stay in my pocket, 18% of the time I alternate one ear to ear part of the time, 24% of the time I put them in when my start to hurt... and they they stay in.

Info about ear protection ?
Date: August 22, 2017 13:01

I will add my opinion that there can not be enough threads about using ear protection, ear plugs...
Because unlike our livers, our ears/hearing does not self repair when damaged.

Re: Info about ear protection ?
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 22, 2017 13:38

HankM
I will add my opinion that there can not be enough threads about using ear protection, ear plugs...

Does our liver self repair when damaged?
Why do people have liver transplants?
Why do loads of people die of liver conditions each year?
I always thought its the same with lung cancer...that is abstinence, for some people is too late.
The drink and the damage done.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 22, 2017 13:49

jlowe
HankM

I always thought its the same with lung cancer...that is abstinence, for some people is too late.
I just wish livers would repair themselves, because then our dear Bobby Keys would still be around

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 22, 2017 13:54

I saw hearing protection at the U2 concert. The acoustics seemed good to me, just a little echo. I might recommend the disposable ear plugs I use. They're available in Germany and the NL at least, forgot the name but they come in a hard plastic case, they're covered in cotton and need to be formed by fingers. They're the most comfortable I know and they keep out the most decibels. Unfortunately I can't take the level anymore. But once in a while I take them out for one or two songs and how glorious it is. Wish my ear drums were made of steel.

Date: August 22, 2017 14:10

jlowe
HankM

If only there was something, some way to input those question and get an answer [www.google.com] that might satisfy you, because I doubt anything, any source, any anything I would say could do that... then again maybe no source could

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-22 14:12 by HankM.

Date: August 22, 2017 14:10

StonedRambler
jlowe
HankM

I just wish livers would repair themselves, because then our dear Bobby Keys would still be around
[www.google.com]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 22, 2017 15:01

Thanks for all the info.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 22, 2017 15:10

I don't believe I attended any more concerts than the average person but I can tell you that for around 10 years, I have been suffering with tinnitus and hearing loss. Please wear your ear plugs!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home