Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABB not #1 in the UK.
Posted by: mosquito ()
Date: September 11, 2005 18:19

Sorry to say ,but the rolling stones new album a bigger bang has failed to debut at#1 inthe UK according to web site www.chartsingles.net.

Re: ABB not #1 in the UK.
Posted by: tussler ()
Date: September 11, 2005 18:21

That`s sad...

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: September 11, 2005 18:43

MRIB2005 chart is normally 100% correct so it will depend upon which chart is used for official places.
Still quietly confident that ABB is No1.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 11, 2005 18:46

Is this the definitive chart catalogue? We have to wait for something official...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 11, 2005 19:37

It's official: another #2 and no record.
Sad.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 11, 2005 19:38

Oh come on! Damn!
Is there no chance for next week?

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: September 11, 2005 19:41

Zero chances, it will drop like a stone.
The sad thing is that James Blunt was #1 three months and his album was released in May.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: September 11, 2005 21:30

Stones40 has a red face & neck at the moment.
Apologies to all for posting Stones at No1 but all chart indicators were that this would be the case.
(Amazon/Woolworths/MusicRetailersinBusiness2005chart all have the Stones at No1)
Imagine James Blunt out-selling Kanye West and of course the Stones.
Perhaps George Licks can provide actual sales by
James Blunt/the Stones.

Date: September 11, 2005 21:35

The sales will be out tomorrow.
I don't know why all the hype with UNOFFICIAL info about the #1, some people got fake and wrong information 5-6 hours before of the official publication.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 11, 2005 23:18

Nevermind, Stones40. That seemed like american elections of 2000 (Florida), not chart!!

No record. Sad, but on the other hand the stability of the Stones remains a little miracle. Seeing every studio album on top 5 (except B2B in UK, #7 if i remember correctly) for 5 decades is not something usual, is it?

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: September 11, 2005 23:22

agreed stickydion

Posted by: Dobril ()
Date: September 12, 2005 00:10

N1 or N2, looks not so important, when the fact is - a brilliant album after all, with young, aggressive and rebellious songs as well as wonderful ballads, WELL - IT IS THE BIGGEST ROCKNROLL AND MUSIC EVENT IN 2005.

What`s the problem when so much crap is being advertised nowadays, very wrongly presented as "music". I don`t listen to hip hop (or other commercial crap) for instance, because I find it disgusting, dulling and having nothing in common with qualitative and awakening music, which the Stones for instance create. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 12, 2005 00:31

I think the sales (which have despite some newspaper stories remained strong post-81, chartwise & sales-wise) are important to the Stones' sense of themselves as an ongoing creative entity, as opposed to the oldies' act idea. The Beach Boys were huge (not to mention great) through '66, & made some great music into the '70s, but after a smash '74 comp a la Hot Rocks ("Endless Summer") vastly outsold albums like "Sunflower" & "Holland", the group as a touring entity went completely down the oldies route.

Posted by: perosand ()
Date: September 12, 2005 00:41

ABB is #2
[uk.launch.yahoo.com]
Perry

Posted by: Dobril ()
Date: September 12, 2005 00:41

But N2 is also great for a fifth decade of creativity.

And I also would like to point out - if it hits N1 in Germany, France, Holland, Spain, etc. isn`t that enough? When it hits the first ten all over the world, and most of the cases - the first 5 - that means the album is appreciated and an undisputable success all over the world. And the Stones are still on top (N2 in UK and US is much more a success than a failure in my opinion). winking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 12, 2005 13:47

Who gives.....

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home