Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keiths girl friends?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 25, 2023 14:13

They may have been thinking of Chrissie Shrimpton putting Mick's letters up for sale or Marsha Hunt, more recently.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 25, 2023 14:29

Good to see you back Swiss...

Date: June 25, 2023 15:45

I don't know if it's relevant, but anyway:

[www.huffpost.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 26, 2023 08:41

Rocky Dijon
They may have been thinking of Chrissie Shrimpton putting Mick's letters up for sale or Marsha Hunt, more recently.

Thanks, Rocky Dijon--could be. Or that 3-4 of Brian's letters to Linda Keith sold at auction, at one point. It could be presumed it was she who sold them, tho most things to do with Brian and that whole era tend to be kinda flaky.

Eleanor Rigby
Good to see you back Swiss...

Lovely to "see" you, Eleanor Rigby!

-swiss

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 26, 2023 15:38

Rocky Dijon
Linda Keith's partner for the past 50 years, John Porter produced "Paying the Cost" for BB King and The Stones during the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions. More recently, he produced "Anyone Seen My Heart" for The Brothers Jagger. I would imagine there has been some passing contact between them. Happily, some things remain private.

Two things comes to my mind: first, how strangely things are related in this surprisingly little world of ours. Secondly, oh man, you know things, Rocky Dijon!

I really like that The Brothers Jagger tune, by the way. BB King thing, too.

- Doxa

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: June 27, 2023 02:44

Jimi Hendrix - 'Send My Love To Linda'

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 28, 2023 15:13

i once read a quote from Marianne: "I slept with 3 of them and chose the singer"

Date: June 28, 2023 15:27

SIXTIES sex symbol Marianne Faithfull has revealed the best night of her life was when she cheated on Rolling Stones star Mick Jagger and slept with bandmate Keith Richards.

[www.express.co.uk]

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: July 4, 2023 21:30

swiss
hi Mariuana - just came upon your comment below.

Mariuana
Linda Keith ended up selling Keith's letters to her.

I've not heard or read anything about that. Can you say more?

thanks smiling smiley
swiss

Hello, it's hard to remember from years ago. I think I meant this - not KR but BJ letters.
[www.christies.com]

Lot Essay
This letter and those in the following two lots are the property of Linda Keith, Brian Jones' former girlfriend.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2023 18:13

Rocky Dijon
Linda Keith's partner for the past 50 years, John Porter produced "Paying the Cost" for BB King and The Stones during the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions. More recently, he produced "Anyone Seen My Heart" for The Brothers Jagger. I would imagine there has been some passing contact between them. Happily, some things remain private.

A plausible 'second act' for Sir Mick and his brother, in a post-apocalyptic Stones World.

The Brothers Jagger! The Bee Jays for short!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 7, 2023 20:03

deardoctor
Redhotcarpet
Monsoon Ragoon
Redhotcarpet
Keith never slept with Marianne. He tried to make it sound like he got back at Mick but of course he didnt. He took to heroin and came up with the basic idea of Gimme Shelter.

Did you observe him every night?

No but ive observed him through the eyes of a devoted fan who grew up. Unlike our hero. smiling smiley

Haha, that's so true!
I feel the same. But yes, he remains a hero

I've always thought that's where Keith's power comes from, a complete inability to realise he is old keeps him young, keeps him alive. Placebo sort of thing.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: July 9, 2023 00:57

Strange that Dandelion Powderman does not now the true story about miss Faithful.True enough she slept with Keith,but before she moves in Mick Jagger.The stories Keith come up with is as usual 70% fiction.It,s only in his dreams his stories is correct

Date: July 9, 2023 01:02

harlem shuffle
Strange that Dandelion Powderman does not now the true story about miss Faithful.True enough she slept with Keith,but before she moves in Mick Jagger.The stories Keith come up with is as usual 70% fiction.It,s only in his dreams his stories is correct

I know that. Those weren't my words, merely the ingress from the newspaper story smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2023 02:34

Lovely Banks ..................... Photo by Rockeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Date: July 9, 2023 12:52

harlem shuffle

Which Keith stories are incorrect?
No one who actually knows him says he's a liar, it's not something he's known for, sure he's a story teller and exaggerates but he's not the guy to say he slept with someone if he didn't.

Date: July 9, 2023 17:34

I really dont care who Keith sleeped with.But try for once and check the times he come up with.That,s just lies or he cant remember nothing as usual

Date: July 10, 2023 01:05

harlem shuffle
I really dont care who Keith sleeped with.But try for once and check the times he come up with.That,s just lies or he cant remember nothing as usual

You must really love watching / listening to The Stones, but it must completely ruin everything for you when Keith can be heard/seen.

Date: July 10, 2023 10:28

Go back to you,re basement keefriffhard.There is the place where you can fell om you,re knees for Keith,light a couple of candles and cry out.People like you are the biggest asslickerd in the world.Sweet Dreams to you for Keith you,re love

Date: July 10, 2023 11:16

In response to that, what can i say.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 10, 2023 13:28

These computer things have a little deal on them called “spellcheck” if you’re gonna insult the dude at least make it somewhat close to legible.
Out of habit I almost printed this out and hung it on my fridge.it could’ve used a couple of mean faces drawn in crayon though.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 13, 2023 22:38

I've told this story before...some people here have not believed it, but I'm sure it's true.

A close friend of mine was at the 1995 Johannesburg show, sitting in the first few rows. She was just casual fan, not hardcore. At the end of the show, two staff members came up to her and said that Keith had invited her to come backstage. She was in her early 30s, blonde and pretty.She went with them and met Keith who invited her to come to a party with him.She actually turned him down! I don't know if he hoped to hook up with her or just have a date for the party, but she said no...

Date: July 13, 2023 23:17

I recall that and believe it. Keith's book made it clear that he valued discretion over monogamy. Not much different than Chuck Berry's book or Bono's book. Being famous and wealthy has its privileges and it's something wives, lovers, kids, etc. just come to accept. Many regular folks are the same, it just doesn't make the tabloids and they usually can't attract models or celebrities to their beds.

Date: July 13, 2023 23:21

Bang ya neighbor and drive an old car .....

Nobody will ever notice .... HHHHHHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 13, 2023 23:23

*edit: wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-13 23:25 by Hairball.

Date: July 13, 2023 23:23

Rocky Dijon
regular folks...usually can't attract models or celebrities to their beds.

Terry is the exception that proves the rule.

Date: July 13, 2023 23:25

Thanks for the heads up, Hairball. Did the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-14 00:02 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 13, 2023 23:27

Already deleted above post as it was in wrong thread.
Now posted in proper thread.

Date: July 14, 2023 00:39

Drive deep into enemy territory .....

Its always good for a laugh .... HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home