Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Setlist Chicago sept 10
Date: September 11, 2005 07:26

this was posted over at the shadoobie board

Super SHIDOOB
(9/10/05 7:32 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Setlist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just getting prepared here...

Setlist:
1. SMU
2. YGMR
3. RJ
4. TD
5. She's So Cold
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Shattered
8. Bitch
9. Night Time
---intros---
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. ONNYA
14. Satisfaction
15. HTW
16. Out of Control
17. Sympathy
18. JJF
19. Brown Sugar
---encore---
20. YCAGWYW
21. IORR

Good nite!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind....

Re: Setlist Chicago sept 10
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 11, 2005 07:50

I don't like YGMR and Rough Justice back to back. A little too similar.

Shattered and Bitch are cool, but I would have thought that they would have sounded a little similar as well.

What's up with Keith? Where's Happy, Little T&A, BTMMR?

Date: September 11, 2005 08:08

Ive seen how a some folks put down "Infamy", but it's one of my favorite songs on ABB. Guess it's like "Do you like Coke or Pepsi"? Me, I like Dr. Pepper. A soda with a degree (nod's to Mitch Hedberg)

And I guess since I like Dr. Pepper so much, that's why I'd take that set of Keith's any night, and why I haven't been that wild about the more recent arrangements of some of the older tunes, like "Happy". Plus, every show Ive seen has had "Happy" - I can live with change. Tomorrow it's a steady diet of Mr. Pibb.

But it's the Stones. I'm going to see them at least twice, and hopefully more. Their music makes everything go into another dimension, but maybe that's the Dr. Pepper talking.

It's only rock n roll.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2005 08:13

I drink a lot of water but I still lurv Infamy....the way it just springs from the speakers...Wrang Wrang..You got it in for me...Wrang Wrang.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 11, 2005 08:16

"I don't like YGMR and Rough Justice back to back. A little too similar."

drbryant, very good remark!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 11, 2005 08:46

Chicago concert ROCKED... first ass-kicking class !

One of the best Stones gigs I've ever attended, despite the somewhat predictable first 5 or so songs...

See Chicago Review thread for detais...

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 11, 2005 12:05

Not many surprises - nice to see Ruby, Bitch. Miss U; it does look very American to me, the setlist.
But I like the new composition of the list, which seem to have been settled in Milwaukee.
Still would like some lesser obvious choices though.
- Madison will be a ass-off-rocker-night, no doubt!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 11, 2005 17:54

somebody should tell the stones they have a new album out now - fans and critics even like it.

Date: September 11, 2005 20:56

OOC is back - great news!!!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 11, 2005 21:01

Were he allowed to, I think Ronnie could do a good rendition of In Another Land, and that would surprise the whole audience for sure...

Date: September 11, 2005 21:01

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> somebody should tell the stones they have a new
> album out now - fans and critics even like it.

They played 3 songs off of it, how many do you want ?

I'd personally like to hear "It Won't Take Long" live, but they prolly don't have a satisfactory live arrangement for it yet.

Oh No Not You Again is the best live number I've heard off the new album yet.

Date: September 12, 2005 02:52

Supposedly the Stones rehearsed 12 of the songs from the album. We've seen countless interviews with the lads where they've talked about how this album was made for the road. 3 songs satisfies you? Get real. I don't even think RJ or ONNYA are in the top-12 of the album in the first place - but that's another matter. But, it's clear to me that the Stones are full of bullshit right now - saying one thing and then going back and doing the "comfortable" thing by trotting out the tried and true. it's a crying shame.

Date: September 12, 2005 03:09

StonesTod Wrote:
> Supposedly the Stones rehearsed 12 of the songs
> from the album. We've seen countless interviews
> with the lads where they've talked about how this
> album was made for the road. 3 songs satisfies
> you? Get real. I don't even think RJ or ONNYA
> are in the top-12 of the album in the first place
> - but that's another matter. But, it's clear to me
> that the Stones are full of bullshit right now -
> saying one thing and then going back and doing the
> "comfortable" thing by trotting out the tried and
> true. it's a crying shame.

" 3 songs satisfies you, get real..." Well, tell me what album since Exile that they've played more than 3 songs at one gig. I don't think they even played more than 3 songs off of Some Girls at one gig.

They just have too large a discography to focus on one album, even the current release. They sure didn't play more than 3 off B2B or VooDoo Lounge.

Date: September 12, 2005 03:43

Creedence - you need to read up on the Stones some more - in '78 they devoted half the show - EVERY NIGHT - to Some Girls.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2005 04:04

CreedenceLives Wrote:
>
> They just have too large a discography to focus on
> one album, even the current release. They sure
> didn't play more than 3 off B2B or VooDoo Lounge.

Huh? they played 6-7 songs at some shows from Voodoo Lounge. On the opening night of the tour in Washington, they performed 7 VL songs! Even by the time the tour got to Europe, they were still doing about 5 per show.

Ten out of the 13 songs on BTB were played on that tour. Usually 4-5 songs, although on a couple of occasions as many as six.

on the Steel Wheels tour, they usually played about five off the new album (as many as six on rare occasions) and on the 81/82 tour, they started off by playing seven off Tattoo You before settling on five by the time the tour reached Europe

Eight out of the ten "Some Girls" songs were played every night on the 78 tour....comprising almost half of the entire show

Historically the Stones DO play a good amount of new songs on each tour. Licks was the first one where they didnt (totally ignoring 3 of the 4 new songs on the compilation). I'd like to think that the reason they havent played many off ABB as yet is because the album has only been released this week, but I'm surprised its been so few and they havent added any of them to the setlist since the club show.

Date: September 12, 2005 06:48

Gazza said:

Huh? they played 6-7 songs at some shows from Voodoo Lounge. On the opening night of the tour in Washington, they performed 7 VL songs! Even by the time the tour got to Europe, they were still doing about 5 per show.

Ten out of the 13 songs on BTB were played on that tour. Usually 4-5 songs, although on a couple of occasions as many as six.

Examples: VOODOO LOUNGE: Chicago 4 out of 22 songs were VL, not your exaggeration of "6 to 7 songs"

B2B: Chicago 1st 2 nights (I was there both), TWO SONGS from B2B, that's it. When they got deeper into the tour at the United Center they did 4 songs from B2B, occasional shows had 5 songs.

As this tour progresses I'd expect the same for ABB: 3 to 4 songs a nite, given that they're likely to only average 20 songs a nite, not 21 or 22 as with VL and B2B.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 12, 2005 06:55

Chicago was amazing. This was my 5th time seeing the Stones and it was possibly the best performance I've ever witnessed. Its the quickest 2 hours every time but this time it seemed to fly by without pausing for breath. The five newbies I brought with me were floored beyond all description. The collective jaws dropped as soon as they hit the stage.

Like everyone else here I have my wishlist but it doesnt matter. Whatever the Stones play on this tour will be amazing. The hotrocks have recieved new life on this tour. Amazing really.

By far the most energetic growd I've seen in a while. The only time everyone sat down was for the Worst. Some people stayed seated through Infamy but none of us cared. For some people Jagger needs to be present for them to get off their asses. Luckily most everyone in our section was standing/dacing/passingJs/going nuts. Its great to see everyone (regardless of age) feeling like kids again. What joy! And to see 5 friends get their faces rocked off by my favorite band is kickass. Now they understand why I like this band so much. They all said it was the greatest concert they had ever attended. Not to mention the sound was fantastic aside from a few minor glitches.

Drake

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: September 12, 2005 08:00

I had 4th row tickets to last nights show in Chicago in section a1 (far right side of stage) With my binoculars, I could read the set list next to Charlie's drums while they were finalizing the set up for the Stones. I too have been disappointed at the setlists and was pretty annoyed that there were no new surprises in Chicago as I read the list before they came on.

Then the show started, and the disappointment went right out the window. Their committment to putting on a great show is stronger then ever, and while I wouldn't have thought I would have enjoyed a warhorse heavy set, godammit it was right up there with the Aragon on the last tour as a highlight of about 9 concerts of seeing them live since '89. They are truly enjoying themselves. A personal highlight for me - hearing Jumping Jack Flash for the upteenth time live and watching Keith in my binoculars say "come on @#$%&" as he just got lost in the moment. Here's a song that before the show I would have honestly said I could do without and it's a frickin' highlight. Sure Sway and some other rarities would have been cool, but they absolutely blew Soldier Field away. And frankly, while I'm sure they'll mix it up a little when they come back to the United Center in January, I'd happily see the same show again

Posted by: JaggerMister ()
Date: September 12, 2005 16:41

THIS WAS MY BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!

THE SET LIST DID NOT MATTER!!!!!!

THEY KICKED AZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

COME ON ST LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: September 12, 2005 16:59

All I can say is Thank You Rolling Stones!!

The last time I saw them in a stadium show was at Comiskey Park 3 years ago. While the setlist was heavy on warhorses at both shows, there were at least 10 different songs from last time.

Things really got rolling with the She's So Cold, Ruby Tuesday, Shattered, and Bitch foursome. Night Time was awesome.

I never would have believed it, but Satisfaction was one of the most memorable songs of the night--they kicked its butt; I've never heard it played so well live. It's amazing that they can still give this song so much life after playing it over and over again for 40 years.

This is the sixth Stones show I've been to, and it was the second-best I've seen. My favorite show was my first one--Busch Stadium in St. Louis in 1989.

There will be a very special week in January for me--United Center on Monday, January 23 and Savvis Center in St. Louis on Friday, January 27. I can't wait!

Posted by: dj ()
Date: September 12, 2005 17:16

In 78, after LIR, ADTL, HTW and Starf***er (what a start!), they played 7 CONSECUTIVE songs from Some Girls.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2005 17:33

CreedenceLives Wrote:
> Gazza said:
>
> Huh? they played 6-7 songs at some shows from
> Voodoo Lounge. On the opening night of the tour in
> Washington, they performed 7 VL songs! Even by the
> time the tour got to Europe, they were still doing
> about 5 per show.
>
> Ten out of the 13 songs on BTB were played on that
> tour. Usually 4-5 songs, although on a couple of
> occasions as many as six.
> **********************************************
>
> Examples: VOODOO LOUNGE: Chicago 4 out of 22 songs
> were VL, not your exaggeration of "6 to 7 songs"

try the setlists page on this link and see how "exaggerated" my claim is :
[rocksoff.org]
Incidentally, they played five VL songs at both Chicago concerts, not four. Your memory is obviously playing tricks with you. They definitely played seven songs on the opening night in Washington. The evidence is there.

>
> B2B: Chicago 1st 2 nights (I was there both), TWO
> SONGS from B2B, that's it. When they got deeper
> into the tour at the United Center they did 4
> songs from B2B, occasional shows had 5 songs.

Chicago was the opening night of the tour and was a week before the albums release. The tour ran until September 1998. The show you saw was not a typical BTB show. Check the setlists and you'll see how regularly they played at least four songs from the album.
>
> As this tour progresses I'd expect the same for
> ABB: 3 to 4 songs a nite, given that they're
> likely to only average 20 songs a nite, not 21 or
> 22 as with VL and B2B.

well they started with 4 songs and are now performing less!

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: September 12, 2005 18:01

How much you want to bet that in December, when the setlist still has not changed and they are still only doing 3 songs from ABB, people will STILL be saying "It's still early...the setlist will change..." ?

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 12, 2005 19:03

sladog Wrote:
> How much you want to bet that in December, when
> the setlist still has not changed and they are
> still only doing 3 songs from ABB, people will
> STILL be saying "It's still early...the setlist
> will change..." ?

lets just wait and see before we slag them, I predict they will have 5 or 6 in normal setlist by December

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home