Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Hall & Oates
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 22, 2018 21:32

ryanpow
I celebrate their entire catalog.

I don’t trust people who don’t.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 22, 2018 21:56

PhillyFAN
They are local Philly Boys that always were part of the Philly soul sound in the 70's and 80's. One of the few white act's that played at Philly's Uptown theatre. They are local heroes and made some great music. Good music has always come outta Philly.

Even better than that... Daryl Hall is a Pottstown boy which is where my dad's side of the family is from. Dad is a few years older than him and went to a different school, but my aunt's high school years actually overlapped Daryl's and, although she wasn't in the same circles as him, she does remember him from school. When I started getting into music, my grandparents always liked the fact that I had Hall & Oates records, with "the boy from Pottstown", in my collection.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 23, 2018 03:08

Are they in the R&R HOF? I'm too lazy to look. If not, they should be.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: January 23, 2018 07:44

Here is really good interview with Daryll Hall. Roots in black music, gospel,and Philly Soul.Really good insight into the music business in this age. I watch his internet show and he and his band are some really excellent musicians. He ha an amazing catalog.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-23 07:45 by PhillyFAN.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 23, 2018 13:15

Love Hall & Oates .Seen them several times live and they always gave you your moneys worth .smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 23, 2018 21:13

BamaStone
Funny coincidence seeing this topic today as I'm going to see Aimee Mann tonight and the last time I saw her was when she was in Til Tuesday, they opened and Hall and Oates in 1985 'Hey Day'...

I saw them on that tour, with Aimee's group 'Til Tuesday' opening. Hated them, and really don't get her. She must be the darling of a certain subset, because she won't go away.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 23, 2018 21:15

When I was a soldier in the 70s, living in barracks, the black guys had these huge boom boxes, pulling in a local soul station from Baltimore. 'Sara Smile' was a big favorite. I'm not even sure they knew Hall and Oates were white, or cared.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: January 25, 2018 02:24

i wrote john's memoir with him last year- spectacular guy

Date: January 25, 2018 03:09

Chris, you really are the coolest. You get around.
I have found actually, that when it comes to Bios by rockers, it is often the more obscure guys who come up with the really good reads. Not even obscure, just not the A-Listers. Like Mac's book was fantastic.
Now I am curious about Oates' book.
I saw one of the funnier shows on TV. It was Oates performing his solo album It was a couple years back. And they do it in a small private setting. With a Live band. I think he was seated. He had one of the BU singers right behind him. She probably knew that she was going to be in every shot that he was in; i.e. 99%. So she emoted her way all through those lines. I mean she worked it. I think she may have even bodily illustrated some of the verses that Oates was singing alone.
I learned later that this was Bonnie Bramlett's daughter.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 25, 2018 05:45

Palace Revolution 2000
Chris, you really are the coolest. You get around.
I have found actually, that when it comes to Bios by rockers, it is often the more obscure guys who come up with the really good reads. Not even obscure, just not the A-Listers. Like Mac's book was fantastic.
Now I am curious about Oates' book.
I saw one of the funnier shows on TV. It was Oates performing his solo album It was a couple years back. And they do it in a small private setting. With a Live band. I think he was seated. He had one of the BU singers right behind him. She probably knew that she was going to be in every shot that he was in; i.e. 99%. So she emoted her way all through those lines. I mean she worked it. I think she may have even bodily illustrated some of the verses that Oates was singing alone.
I learned later that this was Bonnie Bramlett's daughter.

I read the biography by Chris, I personally enjoyed it/ respect. I read a lot of books, and don’t say it if I don’t mean it. Refreshing not to have drugged out story, btw. And the outdoor althletic/ spiritual part, etc. Funny tho, I don’t remember the bits with Jagger!
Let’s not give anymore away about the book, hope I haven't said too much already,
but I give it a thumbs up thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home