Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bathroom breaks
Posted by: sladog ()
Date: September 10, 2005 15:42

It surprises me how many people on this forum talk about bathroom breaks during shows. I just can't believe that people cannot hold their bladders for 2 hours. Does everyone take one? Even if I had to go bad, I would hold it so that I would not miss anything...after all once you get into it, you forget about the "need".

Plus, if I am paying $160 I am not going to miss a thing!

Re: Bathroom breaks
Date: September 10, 2005 15:49

Two hours? It's more like 3-4-5 hours from beginning of line-up outside to end. For outdoor shows, it's forever...as I mentioned before, there's a need for a Rock 'n' Roll Diaper. :-)

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 10, 2005 15:56

i can only speak for myself, but i like to get tanked up before seeing the Stones. beer and rock n roll are a perfect match

so its no surprise that there has to be a bog break somewhere during the gig (if not two!)

i usually manage to save it until Miss You or one of Keef's songs now

i was hoping Streets Of Love would be in the set for this very reason alone

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: September 10, 2005 17:01

I find one Dayquil allows me to postpone...

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: September 10, 2005 17:02

If you imbibing, there's a good chance those beverages will need to come out. Thurs. night worked perfectly. One of my least favorite song if You Got Me Rockin' which was played after the Stones barge drifted out into the audience. Well into the show and the facility was a few steps away. Hope it's that easy in Chi. tonight.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: September 10, 2005 17:27

The "Rock n' Roll Diaper" is not only hysterical, it's great idea.....you apply for a patent.

Thats like the Saturday Night Live Sketch for "Oops I Crapped My Pants" adult diapers.

The R n R diaper is great.

Milo, NYC
When the shit its the fan I'll be sittin on the can (cause I don't have the
rock n roll diaper)

Posted by: amoody ()
Date: September 10, 2005 19:43

just go in between the opening act and the stones

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 10, 2005 19:53

that's a bit hard if you're drinking whilst the support band are on

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 10, 2005 19:54

Avoid beer drinking. If you want to drink something before, drink something stronger, like Bäska Droppar or Gammeldansk.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: September 10, 2005 20:09

Even if I dont have to go to the bathroom when they start Miss You I have to leave anyway...

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 10, 2005 20:11

I also can't figure out why anyone would find drinking enough beer to where they can't hold it for very long more important than watching every song the Stones play on stage that night, even if it is a song like You Got me Rocking. When I go to a show, my focus is entirely on the stage. The only way I will leave my seat during the performance is if I see a way to sneak up closer to the stage, otherwise I'm not going to let beer drinking get in the way of watching every song the Stones play in their entirely. I just find watching the Stones or other bands and fully remembering what i saw of far greater importance than having a buzz while they are playing.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: September 10, 2005 20:13

when ya gotta go, ya gotta go...but it depends on your seats and where the restroom is and whether there are lines...if you split right at the end of one song, you may miss the beginning of another, but if it's not a fave of yours (knowing the setlist), it's better to be comfortable then be distracted by the need to pee..

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: September 10, 2005 20:14

johang Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even if I dont have to go to the bathroom when
> they start Miss You I have to leave anyway...

I recognize that need. Sometimes I gotta go to the bathroom during a concert to jerk off too.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 10, 2005 20:29

It´s just a matter of technique.
Never pee before the 3rd, or better, 4th pint.
That´s 4-5 "stor stark" Scandinavian half liter-measure on draught.
Then the 'container' gets used to a larger volume.
Next time you dont have to pee before next 4-5 pints.
The general mistake people make is goin for a leak after just one or two beer.
- Or just drink Stoli.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: September 10, 2005 20:42

For some reason I tend to forget about beer during the show (which for me is rather surprising). Especially at the European fieldshows this saves you a lot of trouble, you know, finding your buddies back and convincing everyone you pass that you're not trying to get upfront. (You know those looks? "Man, I've been standing here like four hours and that boy there just goes past!")

I always have a bottle of energizer with me though, and some medical shitpiece of paper in case they're trying to take it from me. I wouldn't want to go hypoglaecamic during a show.

I think the best song to go would be Satisfaction. This tends to be in the middle of quite some shows. Let them all have their fun, I love that, but I'll sneek to the toilet, as there will be noone there and I'll be back fast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home