Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

These Comparisons are getting rediculous..
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 10, 2005 07:52

Comparing ABB to other albums and why they are rediculous..

Pre Beggars: Not really comparable. Completely different era. Stones still hadn't found their "sound".

SF, BB and LIB: These are three albums produced in the 1960's. They have a raw sound because the audio was not in todays league. The albums are classic and have a very consistent stlye to them. This is because the stones only had a couple of musical styles back then. Making a consistent album was easier. They were a their peak too

Exile: Again a very raw sound. This is a double album. Why compare? Also Micks vocals are buried right in the mix. This will never happen again. Listen to these songs live and they don't have the same feeling you get from Exile. Exile is a mash of lots of sounds in a basement. It will never happen again. Get over it.

Post Exile to ABB: The further the stones go , the more stlyes they develop and therefore making a consisitent record is difficult. But mostly the stones themselves have more and more control over what is released, and less advise from others is taken. In the past producers would have had the balls to tell Mick or keith..leave that one off! Their will never be a record with one style, which flows from start to finish because of diverse styles and EGO's.

ABB ROCKS 2005!

Re: These Comparisons are getting rediculous..
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2005 08:01

Keep in mind that alot of people getting into ABB may be in their teens or 20's ... and to them SF, BB, LIB, etc. is classic rock...

There's an exciting freshness to hear ANY BAND producing an album with some basic rock and basic blues...

If you're teens today you get a steady diet of "pretty people" videos on MTV with one rapper or pop song after the other...

SO, to these young fans ABB is really a delight to hear something different from no less than the Rolling Stones... something happening right now in their generation, not a classic piece 30 years or older.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-10 08:02 by CreedenceLives.

Re: These Comparisons are getting rediculous..
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 10, 2005 08:06

Yeah I am a generaation earlier. Voodoo Lounge was something different from the depressing grunge of Nivarna and Metalica metal. It was positive! Music in a Happy key. Even though i have heard better albums since, I still love Voodoo Lounge , maybe the way others do exile. A Bigger Bang will do the same for others I am sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home