Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Chu Bops
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 4, 2017 06:39

[www.chu-bops.com]

Came across this today. Anyone here have any other them.

Re: Rolling Stones Chu Bops
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2017 06:54

Yes I think I have the entire set - I bought them whenever they first came out sometime in the early-mid-80's.
They're apprx. 3 x 3 inches - currently somewhere in storage along with loads of other trinkets.

Just a heads up...

"TO PURCHASE (SINGLE PIECES) VISIT OUR "SHOPING CART" PAGE FOR COST AND AVAILABILITY"

...when I clicked on "shoping cart"link, this is the message:

URGENT NOTICE !!!
DUE TO ILLESS OF THIS WEBSITES MANAGER

DO NOT USE THIS SITE TO BUY ANYTHING >
Anyone who places an order as of 3/22/2017
WILL NOT BE REFUNDED ANY PARTOF THIER ORDER PAYMENT.

Come back and visit now and then to see when we are back in business.
THANKS - Les

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 4, 2017 12:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 07:47 by Plink.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 4, 2017 15:27

I've got these...still sealed...

Date: June 4, 2017 20:44

Plink
Hairball
Yes I think I have the entire set - I bought them whenever they first came out sometime in the early-mid-80's.
They're apprx. 3 x 3 inches - currently somewhere in storage along with loads of other trinkets.

I recall you mentioning a few times that you’re from SB. Just curious - did you happen to get yours at Licorice Pizza on upper State? I placed a special order there for a sealed, multi-tiered counter display box full of 'em - very cool-looking miniature albums. I later made the dumb decision to keep one of each title and give the rest away while downsizing for a move eye rolling smiley

I lived in SB for two years as a a college student back in the day, but have now lived in Ventura since 1989. I'm originally from Santa Monica, and there's a possibilty I bought them at the Licorice Pizza down there - I think it was in West L.A. on Wilshire a few blocks east from SM. Then again, there was also a Wherehouse Records, a Music Plus, and several other indie record stores where I may have bought them - Off the Record was a favorite and might have been the place. I bought tons of Reggae vinyl imports as well as many bootlegs of all genres from them in the late '70's/early '80's. Miss that place.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 4, 2017 22:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 07:46 by Plink.

Date: June 5, 2017 00:55

I still go up to SB frequently as I'm only about 25 miles south, but mainly to see shows at the Bowl.
I recall Morning Glory record store on State street in SB (not sure if it's still there), and there's another one run by some English guy on lower State that's still there - Just Play Music - it's small, but nice.
Here In Ventura we have Salzers Records which is pretty big - they even have a video outlet across the street. It's still pretty much old school- founded in 1967 I think.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 5, 2017 03:29

Don't forget to have some Thai food at Jasmines and wander over to Peets for some espresso.

Date: June 5, 2017 03:57

MKjan
Don't forget to have some Thai food at Jasmines and wander over to Peets for some espresso.

My wife and eat at Jasmines once a week - the best quality Thai food and lunch specials at the most reasonable prices!
And of course Peets coffee a few steps away, but we also have a couple of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf's in the area which originated in nearby Camarillo so it's more of a local thing (though I admit Peets coffee is better! ).
And speaking of Peets, there's also Pete's diner in midtown whose motto is "All we are saying, is give Pete's a chance". smiling smiley But if you're ever in town again, try Allison's Cafe for breakfast or lunch. thumbs up

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 5, 2017 04:20

Hairball
MKjan

My wife and eat at Jasmines once a week - the best quality Thai food and lunch specials at the most reasonable prices!
And of course Peets coffee a few steps away, but we also have a couple of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf's in the area which originated in nearby Camarillo so it's more of a local thing (though I admit Peets coffee is better! ).
And speaking of Peets, there's also Pete's diner in midtown whose motto is "All we are saying, is give Pete's a chance". smiling smiley But if you're ever in town again, try Allison's Cafe for breakfast or lunch. thumbs up

Thanks Hairball. I don't know Allison's but I'll go there when I make it back to Ventura.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2017 09:40

Hey yeah I got 4-5 maybe more of the Bop Gums set somewhere ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 5, 2017 16:17

I have them all. They're for sale. I'll beat that guy's price.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home