Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Midnight Oil
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 5, 2017 04:37

DeanGoodman
crholmstrom

Rob Hirst is an awesome drummer. Pretty good singer, too.

And a pretty awesome author. His touring memoir is a bargain at 99c on Kindle:

[amzn.to]

Thanks, I will have to check that out!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: August 24, 2017 18:42

Went to see them in Montreal yesterday. Really good musicians and very varied setlist.
Some of my videos:

Truganini

The Dead Heart

Feeding Frenzy & Forgotten Years

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 24, 2017 18:50

Mine burned out and expired on 2/8/16 . A date which shall live in infamy till I draw my last breath .

Date: August 24, 2017 21:52

ohotos
Went to see them in Montreal yesterday. Really good musicians and very varied setlist.
Some of my videos:

Truganini

The Dead Heart

Feeding Frenzy & Forgotten Years

NICE! I HOPE THIS REUNION CONTINUES WITH SOME NEW MUSIC & MORE TOURING!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 24, 2017 22:06

They played 5 songs off "10, 9, 8 ..." + "When the Generals Talk" at the Greek in L.A. on Saturday, clearly vexing the locals. If Peter hadn't lectured us for so long they would have been able to play "Sometimes" before the 11 p.m. curfew.

Date: August 24, 2017 23:16

DeanGoodman
They played 5 songs off "10, 9, 8 ..." + "When the Generals Talk" at the Greek in L.A. on Saturday, clearly vexing the locals. If Peter hadn't lectured us for so long they would have been able to play "Sometimes" before the 11 p.m. curfew.

I got "Sometimes" at the end of the main set before encores. They don't play it every night.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 24, 2017 23:25

Webster Hall in NYC he was lecturing. Basically asked people to beat on people if they did not have their pov. Horrible to do that

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 24, 2017 23:28

Their new boxed set is great - contains a DVD of their complete "Unplugged" which was one of the best ever.

Date: August 24, 2017 23:44

crholmstrom
DeanGoodman

I got "Sometimes" at the end of the main set before encores. They don't play it every night.

Apparently "Sometimes" was listed on the setlist that a fan posted on FB. I did not verify. Well, can't complain. I don't think I had heard most of the aforementioned songs live before - Generals, Tin Legs and Tin Mines, etc.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: August 25, 2017 01:25

potus43
Webster Hall in NYC he was lecturing. Basically asked people to beat on people if they did not have their pov. Horrible to do that

In Montreal he told people that the only way to counter hate is love.

Date: August 25, 2017 01:36

potus43

He proudly recounted telling the bus driver to turn off the radio when Skynyrd came on. "Give me Neil Young anytime," he told us. Errrr, Pete.

Date: August 25, 2017 03:04

well then he was wrong 2x

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: August 25, 2017 14:35

potus43
Got any evidence to support this?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 25, 2017 15:00

bonddm
potus43

...more urgently: what's (a ) pov?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 25, 2017 15:23

point of view

Date: August 25, 2017 19:57

bonddm
potus43

Well I did not record the bloody show

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 26, 2017 04:10

ROCKMAN

Date: August 26, 2017 04:23

potus43
bonddm
potus43

There's plenty of footage of it on YouTube, but nothing I've watched contains footage of Garrett advocating beating people up!

Date: August 26, 2017 09:47

bonddm
potus43
bonddm
potus43

There's plenty of footage of it on YouTube, but nothing I've watched contains footage of Garrett advocating beating people up!

that would not be consistent with his message over the years.

Date: August 26, 2017 23:19

I was there yo.

Date: August 27, 2017 03:30

potus43
I was there yo.

seems out of character for you to wait months to bring it up as they played webster hall in may. the oils show a week ago in nyc was at terminal 5.

Date: August 27, 2017 19:21

Your point? (of you have one)

Date: August 28, 2017 09:53

crholmstrom
potus43
I was there yo.

seems out of character for you to wait months to bring it up as they played webster hall in may. the oils show a week ago in nyc was at terminal 5.

I think Pete's recent sporting of a "Dump Trump" t-shirt might have something to do with it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-28 09:54 by bonddm.

Date: August 28, 2017 13:49

bonddm
crholmstrom
potus43
I was there yo.

I think Pete's recent sporting of a "Dump Trump" t-shirt might have something to do with it!

I got that. Refuse to get in a war here. Was just pointing out some gaps in logic, etc. I've actually met Peter (back in the day). All of the guys in the band are really nice & good people. Don't think advocating violence is in the band DNA at all. I hope they continue after this tour.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 28, 2017 14:13

peoplewitheyes
point of view

...Thanx, pwe!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 28, 2017 14:52

crholmstrom
bonddm
crholmstrom
potus43
I was there yo.

I got that. Refuse to get in a war here. Was just pointing out some gaps in logic, etc. I've actually met Peter (back in the day). All of the guys in the band are really nice & good people. Don't think advocating violence is in the band DNA at all. I hope they continue after this tour.
Yeah, I'm hoping they do a new album.
Their chops will be thru the roof after these gigs!

Date: August 28, 2017 22:24

bonddm
crholmstrom
potus43
I was there yo.

I was there yo. He attached Republicans.

PS- Trump aint going nowhere

Date: August 28, 2017 22:34

potus43
bonddm
crholmstrom
potus43
I was there yo.

How did he attach them? Stapler? Duct tape? Super glue? Enquiring minds want to know!

Date: August 28, 2017 23:20

Verbally incited yo

Date: August 29, 2017 03:22

potus43
bonddm
crholmstrom
potus43
I was there yo.

attached

1. joined, fastened, or connected to something.

2. full of affection or fondness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-29 03:26 by bonddm.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1056
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home