Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie thanks doctors after lung operation
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: May 25, 2017 23:02

SomeTorontoGirl
Very glad they caught it and got it sorted. And glad he quit. It's not easy, but I'd love to see Keith kick it too.

Totally disagree, Keith's body is used to smoking for nearly 60 years , whenever life long smokers give up very late in life they don't seem to live for long after. Its a shock to the system. Keith's father made it to 90 smoking and drinking right to the end. Keith comes from the long life gene.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 25, 2017 23:53

First and foremost good news personally for Ronnie and his family snd friends.

It is also very good for the band as Ronnie's importance to the Stones' live performances is probably the highest it's ever been in the 42 years since he joined.

Posted by: PSG ()
Date: May 26, 2017 00:55

stone4ever
SomeTorontoGirl
Very glad they caught it and got it sorted. And glad he quit. It's not easy, but I'd love to see Keith kick it too.

Totally disagree, Keith's body is used to smoking for nearly 60 years , whenever life long smokers give up very late in life they don't seem to live for long after. Its a shock to the system. Keith's father made it to 90 smoking and drinking right to the end. Keith comes from the long life gene.

It's not the shock to the system as much as the progressive symptoms of the disease that more commonly leads to quitting after that many years. In the US, both Keith and Ronnie would have qualified for the recommendation of a low dose screening Cat Scan of the chest which could have cought it very early. Also a possibility that this was his follow up scan - pure speculation I know.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 26, 2017 01:36

Bad news, hope it stays under control. Get better Ronnie !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 26, 2017 02:14

stone4ever
SomeTorontoGirl

sorry...but if you can kick the habit do it. The damage it does to the person smoking and those around them is horrific.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: May 26, 2017 03:21

We really all need to make our health our top priority, its at least worth trying to add more quality years onto our lives. I'm pleased to see Ronnie's proactive action.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 26, 2017 07:32

MisterO
I'm pleased to see Ronnie's proactive action.

Thank goodness his job requires a thorough check-up before going back to "work."

Sending prayers and good health to Ronnie. Me step-mum went through a similar surgery a few years ago - although they caught the initial lesion in time and gave her a clean bill of health, it unfortunately was just the beginning of her lung-related troubles (and she had quit smoking years earlier). Sadly, she was gone in less than three years.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 26, 2017 10:57

Best wishes to Mr. Ronnie Wood!

Date: May 26, 2017 11:43

I'm just wondering about the timescale of this operation and when it was done.
This could well be the reason the summer tour failed to materialize.
The likelihood is that Ronnie had the entire lobe containing the tumor removed, ( the lungs are made up of 5 lobes, 3 on the right 2 on the left ) this would put him out of action for at least 2 to 3 months.
This is major surgery, key hole or not, and recovery time is similar to any other major surgery.

Get well soon Ronnie you are a real trooper.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 26, 2017 21:53

stone4ever
I'm just wondering about the timescale of this operation and when it was done.
This could well be the reason the summer tour failed to materialize.
The likelihood is that Ronnie had the entire lobe containing the tumor removed, ( the lungs are made up of 5 lobes, 3 on the right 2 on the left ) this would put him out of action for at least 2 to 3 months.
This is major surgery, key hole or not, and recovery time is similar to any other major surgery.

I agree with all of this. Likely caught it on the workup for tour insurance (good thing they decided to keep touring--Ronnie better thank his lucky stars!). Perioperative surgical risk for these guys (Keith and Ron, that is) is likely becoming an issue, considering their appearance and knowing about their bad habits. Not to speculate on their chronic conditions (and that can be a bad thing to do, and therefore this is all I will say on the matter, BV, in case you are reading this), I really wouldn't think anyone would want to touch Keith with a 10-foot scalpel, at least for an elective surgery.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 27, 2017 02:42

Ronnie Update: Ronnie is feeling well after having successful keyhole surgery, to remove a small lung lesion, which was discovered during a routine screening. No additional treatment is necessary, and the Stones’ European tour will not be affected.
Ronnie said, “I’m so grateful for modern screening which picked this up so early, and would like to thank all the doctors who treated me.”

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 27, 2017 05:00

Ronnie looks healthier now than he's been in over 30 years!

"No additional treatment is necessary"thumbs up

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 27, 2017 23:43

I really wish him well but this might be more serious than what's being reported. Doctors told the dude he had reasons to really stop smoking decades ago and he didn't. I've heard rumors he's vaping now but it's kind of late in the game. Hope he's OK.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 27, 2017 23:48

24FPS
Never thought I'd say this, but no Ronnie, no Stones.

I would totally hate the idea of the Stones without Ronnie but I think they would conceivably carry on without him. I'd hate it but it could happen. Mick and Keith know that for a large part of the classic rock fan base, the Stones are Mick and Keith. Hopefully they would never go on without Charlie but even that's possible.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 28, 2017 00:47

HonkeyTonkFlash
24FPS

I would totally hate the idea of the Stones without Ronnie but I think they would conceivably carry on without him. I'd hate it but it could happen. Mick and Keith know that for a large part of the classic rock fan base, the Stones are Mick and Keith. Hopefully they would never go on without Charlie but even that's possible.

You never know, but I don't think Stones would go through the hustle of getting a new guitarist in the band at this stage in life. Specially now when Ronnie does the big job. Not even Blondie nor Waddy would look good as a Stones guitarist. Only if the tour was ongoing and they had to finalize the remaining of the tour and it would be expensive cancelling, such as 5-10 shows.

Had it been 15 years ago. Yeah, they would. They could easily add a good guitarist. Not now.

Date: May 28, 2017 01:07

mtaylor
HonkeyTonkFlash
24FPS

You never know, but I don't think Stones would go through the hustle of getting a new guitarist in the band at this stage in life. Specially now when Ronnie does the big job. Not even Blondie nor Waddy would look good as a Stones guitarist. Only if the tour was ongoing and they had to finalize the remaining of the tour and it would be expensive cancelling, such as 5-10 shows.

Had it been 15 years ago. Yeah, they would. They could easily add a good guitarist. Not now.

Think you may have forgot Mick Taylor in your post, i thought Mick brought him along on the anniversary shows just in case, you know, Ronnie drinking again or worse.
Personally i think it would be unthinkable to carry on without any remaining Stone but at the same time Mick and Keith are capable of doing just that imho.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2017 01:12

There's plenty of guitar players that could fill Ronnies shoes guitar-wise in an instant imo, but it's not all about Ronnie the guitar player at this point...it's all about Ronnie being a full fledged member of the team.
If any of the core four go, it's over imo - but thankfully and hopefully that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Knock on wood (no pun intended).
Looking forward to the next big chapter which is the European tour, and hopefully followed by a new studio album of originals. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-28 01:14 by Hairball.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: May 28, 2017 12:09

Let´s hope for the best

Date: May 28, 2017 20:13

No disrespect but i find this thread very telling, not many well wishers considering.

If this were Mick or Keith this thread would be up to page 20 by now.

I for one was really upset by this news, made me realise how fond of Ronnie i am,
these guys are so brave to carry on the way they do year after year and all we do is moan about them.

Ronnie, if you or anyone you know looks in on iorr

"GET WELL SOON RONNIE, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION"

I stopped drinking because of Ronnie, i thought if Ronnie of all people can do it , i can do it, and i did smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2017 20:16

"Fun in the sun. Thanks for all your lovely messages"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2017 20:49

Awww, at least one of the girls is starting to walk!

Latest data I read showed that quitting can help longevity on the whole, even after many years of smoking.
YG Ronnie! That's so great *stone4ever* that Ronnie inspired you to stop drinking.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 28, 2017 20:55

Those twins are adorable smiling smiley

Thanks angee

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 28, 2017 22:13

For God's sake leave his details that you don't know/ not an MD speculation thread

Ron Wood is deeply loved I am thrilled for his sassy gal gorgeous twins
and wife!!
Yeah man keep on keeping on I will meet you for some Blue & Lonesome
without the hard liquor and cigarettes - oh yes my long ago past love affair with them too
But NO FILTER baby

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 28, 2017 22:16

Very sweet pic, but all I could think was that I hope Ronnie is up to the task. I remember those stooped over hand-holding days - oh, my aching back! grinning smiley

Here's to a healthy, clean livin Ronnie Wood. smileys with beer

Date: June 1, 2017 22:27

Ronnie out and about on his Birthday Yesterday

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 2, 2017 00:49

The Daily Mail at its best:

'The Satisfaction singer' (meaning Ronnie)
"Married in 2012...before announcing there were twins on the way' ...??

Date: June 2, 2017 00:55

jlowe
The Daily Mail at its best:

'The Satisfaction singer' (meaning Ronnie)
"Married in 2012...before announcing there were twins on the way' ...??

I know, pathetic and they get away with it. The Daily Mail is becoming a joke.

Sorry i only posted it to show people how well Ronnie is doing.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 2, 2017 01:07

I believe Daily Mail Online has one of the biggest 'readerships' in the world.
Heaven help us!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 2, 2017 01:19

stone4ever
Ronnie out and about on his Birthday Yesterday

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Awesome, what a cool family/ coordinating hot thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 2, 2017 01:38

Perhaps this explains why the tour has been named "No Filter"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 3065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home