Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith and Patti's auction
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 24, 2017 04:50

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Forgive me if already posted...I didn't see it.

Awesome!

Re: Keith and Patti's auction
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: May 24, 2017 05:10

But seriously, very kind of the Richards family to do this... very kind indeed. smileys with beer

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 24, 2017 10:32

Is the Manhattan apartment a different one to that which has been on the market for the last 12 months?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 24, 2017 12:57

Maybe they finally found a buyer for the apartment therefore they need to empty it.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 24, 2017 15:08

100% of proceeds to charity.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 24, 2017 15:22

That's awesome. Those plates are amazing, lol.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 24, 2017 16:52

I'm all for the cause to which they wish to donate the proceeds from the auction, my son being autistic, but as I looked at the photos of the items up for sale, I couldn't help but think re a number of them: "Please allow me to introduce my self, I'm a man of wealth and taste"...not.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 24, 2017 23:01

dmay
I'm all for the cause to which they wish to donate the proceeds from the auction, my son being autistic, but as I looked at the photos of the items up for sale, I couldn't help but think re a number of them: "Please allow me to introduce my self, I'm a man of wealth and taste"...not.

Re-gifting, dmay. winking smiley

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: May 25, 2017 00:19

Great to see Keith giving something back and to such a good cause.

Damn it must be hard to part with some of those lovely items.

I have always got the impression Keith is a true giver, i bet he donates a lot to a lot of people , but being a quality guy he keeps quite about his generosity.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 25, 2017 01:45

"Bringing everything full circle- Stair Galleries is pleased to announce the sale of property from the Manhattan apartment of Keith Richards & Patti Hansen on Saturday, June 24th.

Pictured here is Lot 34 in our Camilla & Earl McGrath auction on June 3rd.

Annie Leibovitz (b. 1947): Keith Richards, Rolling Stone, May 5,
Printer's proof on acetate stapled to paper, inscribed 'For Earl - Love, Annie - Toronto 1977' and 'Annie L' at bottom."

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 25, 2017 01:47

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm YEAH .^^^^^^^^^^.. now that'd be worth owning ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 25, 2017 02:20

They've owned this uptown apartment for at least ten years. They're trying to sell the one they recently bought downtown.

Date: May 25, 2017 14:21

chatoyancy
They've owned this uptown apartment for at least ten years. They're trying to sell the one they recently bought downtown.

Aah...thanks for the clarification.

Reminds me of the infamous (and there is some doubt about its accuracy) exchange between Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway:

SF: The Rich are different from us.
EH: Yes, they have more money.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 26, 2017 06:34

Rockman
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm YEAH .^^^^^^^^^^.. now that'd be worth owning ....

I agree! You want to go in on it? We could share custody.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 26, 2017 10:37

YEAH angeeee .... share custody but the switch over every 6 months would be mighty $$$$$$$$$ steep

ROCKMAN

Date: May 27, 2017 04:16

Well, yeah, Rockeeeee, unless we did the pick-ups in person.

Hmmm, okay, the plane fare....Isn't it time for you to move anyway? You know, to be around for any upcoming tours? cool smiley
I know, I know. There's got ta be a way to do this!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 27, 2017 12:16

Wanna do those three Paris shows ..... Ill probably get there toooooo

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 27, 2017 17:52

Rockman
Wanna do those three Paris shows ..... Ill probably get there toooooo

Oh yeah? With 'poooookieee' ?
;-)

Date: May 28, 2017 02:34

Too late now for me, have fun in Par-eeee! Then again, if you want to jog up to A'dam...

On the auction, are there any other photos of the principals?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 28, 2017 22:44

These items seem like things Mick or Charlie would own.

Date: May 28, 2017 23:02

Bliss
These items seem like things Mick or Charlie would own.

Why?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: May 30, 2017 01:20

Where is the blue jacket we ask ourselves ?

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: May 30, 2017 03:28

why not just have a garage sale?!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 4, 2017 12:42

Very generous of Patti & Keith to place their personal items up for bids for a worthy cause close to their hearts.

When I saw the skull china, it was love at first sight and I had to hunt down the source. I found it here: [www.melodyrose.co.uk]. They print various vintage clip art designs onto new and vintage porcelain tea items & dinnerware. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else might be interested.

Date: June 4, 2017 13:57

EJM

With MEEE!!!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 4, 2017 22:44

latebloomer
EJM

With MEEE!!!

It's barbecue season - now would be a good time to fire up the grill & throw it on the coals spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 27, 2017 18:13

Keith Richards auction nets $100,000 for Prospector, SPHERE

Keith Richards and his wife, Patti Hansen at Silvermine Arts Council in May.

Three pieces of French artwork and a Persian carpet from Keith Richards’ apartment in the Upper East Side were the big sellers at an auction held in Hudson, N.Y, last weekend.

The sales will bring more than $100,000 to two Ridgefield nonprofits — SPHERE and The Prospector Theater — by the end of the summer.

“Art usually sells for the most at any auction,” said Muffie Cunningham, director of decorative arts department at Stair Galleries which handled the June 24 auction.

The top price tag that came from the 150-piece lot was $15,000, which was bid for a Jacqueline Marval painting titled, “Bouquet of Tulips to the Window.”

“That was the highest price at the pre-auction, too,” Cunningham said of the 1918 oil on canvas work. “Listed at $8,000 to $12,000.”

So Richards and his wife, Patti Hansen, got more than expected — a win for the couple, who have a home in Weston, as well as those who participate in SPHERE activities and work at the Prospector Theater.

Richard and Hansen agreed to donate all the money from the auction to the nonprofits last month. Hansen’s 24-year-old nephew is autistic and receives services from both organizations.

“The Prospector Theater was built to answer the great demand for employment options for individuals with disabilities, including the one out of 68 children who have been identified with some form of autism spectrum disorder (ASD),” said founder Valerie Jensen. “Up to 80% of working age adults with disabilities are unemployed and underrepresented in the labor force. We learn and test new strategies, use emerging technologies, and adapt our work environment to help educate our audience of the brilliance and sparkle of qualified individuals with autism in the workplace.”

In addition to the $15,000 piece, two other Marval paintings were sold for $4,250 and $2,900.

A Karabagh carpet also sold for $5,500.

The Chesterfield sofa, which was the centerpiece of the apartment’s living room, went for $1,900.

Of the 150 items listed, Cunningham estimated that only two to four had gone unsold.

The auction transactions take 35 business days to become final before funds can be made available.

“The Prospector thanks Keith Richards and Patti Hansen for recognizing the need for meaningful inclusion of adults with disabilities in our community,” Jensen said.

[www.theridgefieldpress.com]

Date: June 27, 2017 22:59

Well done to Keith and Patti...an excellent cause.
Keith's hair looks nicely styled. Patti looks half her age, as usual.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 27, 2017 23:41

Keith looks so happy and healthy, and Patti so stunning. Is he tour ready? Hell yeah! grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home