Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: NO FILTER? - NO NEW ALBUM ?- NO UK DATES ?- NO POINT TOUR ??
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 25, 2017 00:07

Well, 24FPS, I respect your opinion, as everyone 's opinion,but fully disagree.

The claim that Wyman could be considered as necessary for a really good gig sounds strange in my ears, because I have attended excellent Stones concerts since 1994. Great bass player, but not irreplaceable.

Keith's guitar playing stays between "decent enough" and "really good" in the last 5 years, with a few exceptions. And "interesting setlist" is the setlist that makes 50,000 people happy.

But... Wyman? After three decades?? Maybe we can take a pill for the bedroom, as you say, but sometimes it seems like some fans need pill against the nostalgia, here...

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 25, 2017 01:16

jackflash1129
Somebody complaining that they have seen the stones 25 times but cant this year is laughable. You've seen them 25 times, this is not a big deal. You need some fresh r and to experience a little bit of life outside the stones.[/quot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-25 08:45 by Tonstone.

Date: May 25, 2017 01:18

laertisflash
Tonstone, the fact that you can't afford to attend shows outwith UK is absolutely accessible. I just hope the Stones will play in the UK next year. And, hey, I'm from Greece... So, believe me, I fully understand all the issues about today's financial difficulties. Best wishes.

thumbs up

Date: May 25, 2017 01:22

bv
The Rolling Stones are a London band. They started in London and will return to London. I bet there will be a complete UK tour next year. Cross your fingers and start saving up.

We should be thankful for having them around. They are in their mid 70's, most people are retired at that age.

Thank you BV for taking the time to post I always respect your comments. But hey I ain't ever taking a bet with you on the Stones.But I have started saving. LOL !!- hoping to see them in Scotland or any part of the UK next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-25 01:32 by Tonstone.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 25, 2017 01:40

bv
The Rolling Stones are a London band. They started in London and will return to London. I bet there will be a complete UK tour next year. Cross your fingers and start saving up.

We should be thankful for having them around. They are in their mid 70's, most people are retired at that age.

Thanks Bjornulf. Gonna enjoy 3 concerts (Lucca,Amsterdam and Arnhem) first, and start saving for the UK gigs in 2018.
Great. Love the band.
Jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 25, 2017 01:48

bv

Any idea in what months?? i want to put in an early reply for the holidays..
jeroen

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 25, 2017 06:04

laertisflash
Well, 24FPS, I respect your opinion, as everyone 's opinion,but fully disagree.

The claim that Wyman could be considered as necessary for a really good gig sounds strange in my ears, because I have attended excellent Stones concerts since 1994. Great bass player, but not irreplaceable.

Keith's guitar playing stays between "decent enough" and "really good" in the last 5 years, with a few exceptions. And "interesting setlist" is the setlist that makes 50,000 people happy.

But... Wyman? After three decades?? Maybe we can take a pill for the bedroom, as you say, but sometimes it seems like some fans need pill against the nostalgia, here...

I have to quit watching the vault DVDs with Wyman. Ever since I started I can't stand his replacement's non-presence. Any competent bass player could do what Jones does with the Stones. And I don't care about his pedigree. Wyman was a part of the Stones sound, a part that is lost, and it doesn't matter how long a time passes. It probably doesn't matter in a stadium where all the sound is booming around and you barely pick out individual instruments, but boy does it make a difference at home, when you can hear each person's contribution.

I only went to see them in 2013 because of a couple Lucky Dip tickets and Mick Taylor. And they gave him one freakin' song! And yes, it was by far the highlight of the evening. You can say it's nostalgia, but even Charlie admits they're nowhere near what they once were. The setlist is for tourists. I too have attended good Stones concerts post-Wyman. Charlie and Keith were on fire when I saw them in '99. Since then it's been a quick slide into mediocrity.

We asked them for years to do a blues album. Finally they did it and look how successful it was. With so little effort. I'm not sure they can pull off a decent album of new material. I haven't put on Voodoobabylonbang in years. I always wish them the best, and I'm happy for those who have never seen them who get to see real legends. But why anybody else would need to see them is beyond me. Bring on Exhibitionism to the West Coast!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 25, 2017 06:56

24FPS
but even Charlie admits they're nowhere near what they once were.

Where/when??? Show me...can you?

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-25 06:56 by bitusa2012.

Date: May 25, 2017 10:04

OK, 24FPS. We just evaluate the things differently. (And now I can't wait for Barcelona and Paris No 3 gigs...).

Date: May 25, 2017 10:30

so no USA tour next year?

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: May 25, 2017 12:41

bv

I agree with you Bjornulf...i am a fan since 71 and these are mine thoughts too....they don´t forget the UK and i expected they do some stadium shows or maybe Hyde Park again and a few others in the UK. And yes i am thankful for every show they will do. And people please have respect for their age.....it´s not easy to play 2 hours for a band in their age

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-25 12:43 by thomas guitar.

Date: May 25, 2017 12:46

I think nobody really knows their touring plans for the next year, not even whether there are configured plans,already. Let's see.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 25, 2017 13:17

I have seen them in NYC in Rome and in Paris but several times in the UK most recently HP. I too am a bit miffed they have not played in the UK for 4 years but at least they're playing somewhere. Like a lot of people financial considerations prevent me from travelling even just to Paris this time but I'm grateful they're still out touring, even more grateful of the wonderful B & L album and hopeful that they are still enjoying these short tours. Don't forget Glastonbury and the 2 Hyde Park gigs were simply tacked on to the end of a US tour. They may not tour the UK again but - and I think the demand is there - they could easily do the 02 four or five times over a fortnight in 2018...just hoping they want to!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home