Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith designs sculpture for NYC Wave Walk
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 22, 2017 02:13

Keith Richards - "Human Tide"

Wave after wave.

---

Keith's is one of 52 contributions displayed around the city through June 21. His "wave" is at The James Hotel in Soho.

The works will be auctioned on June 21, with proceeds going to the La Mer Blue Heart Oceans Fund for Project 0.

[www.cremedelamer.com]

Re: Keith designs sculpture for NYC Wave Walk
Date: May 22, 2017 02:27

Bernard Fowler's "Bridge of Dreams"- images courtesy La Mer Wave Walk:

[www.cremedelamer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-22 02:55 by bye bye johnny.

Date: May 22, 2017 02:48

Another view of "Human Tide" - image courtesy La Mer Wave Walk :

Date: May 22, 2017 02:59

Images courtesy of La Mer Wave Walk:

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2017 06:49

That is really cool, and tried to find dimensions, but looking at some photos of other pieces from link above it looks to be about 2 to 3 ft tall. Maybe 4 ft. at the max?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 22, 2017 09:12

Those are both really excellent sculptures, in different ways. I love the simplicity of Keith's. It also makes me realize that by now I always associate skulls with Keith, which is a bit ironic given his apparent immortality.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 22, 2017 10:55

Awesome!

Date: May 22, 2017 14:08

Here's a peek of my Papas wave! So grateful to have his involvement in this special project. Check out his Wave chillin @jameshotels Bid to own @paddle8

[www.instagram.com]

Sculpture's "about 4 ft by 4 ft" according to Alexandra Richards.

Date: May 22, 2017 18:21

bye bye johnny

Sculpture's "about 4 ft by 4 ft" according to Alexandra Richards.

It would look great in my living room... smiling smiley...if I lived in a gigantic mansion. Does anyone know the material it's made of?
Hard to distinguish in photo, but looks like some type of finished steel or treated bronze...but maybe a much lighter material that's been given a faux appearance?
Looking at Bernards, maybe fiberglass and resin, or some industrial strength styro-foam....

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 22, 2017 22:34

I wonder if Dylan has contributed anything?
He's produced a few pieces over the years.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 26, 2017 06:43

Ah ha! Found the link to view all the sculptures.
Beautiful ---
[paddle8.com]

Queen Noor designed one, lovely-
"The inspiration for my Wave is the idea that there is a vital connection between a healthy ocean, human welfare, and stability and peace. In many ways, this Wave is a reflection of my lifelong passion for the ocean and my work for human security and peace building. The image of the fisherman and his daughter in a dhow symbolizes both the traditional harmonious relationship of man and the ocean, and the importance of empowering girls and women to lead for a more sustainable planet." - Queen Noor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-26 06:46 by 35love.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 26, 2017 06:52

And how cool is this one?
[paddle8.com]

DESCRIPTION

"Gyotaku (gyo 'fish' and taku ‘rub') is a printing system that began to be used in the fishmongers of coastal towns of Japan in the early nineteenth century. They covered the piece with ink and pressed on it a paper that when it raised it reproduced the exact image of the fish. To talk about the overexploitation of the seas in the twenty first century, I have used some of the millions of fish that are daily thrown away in the markets to carry out this technique and emulate a school of fish while taking advantage of the sculpture's circular shape. This sculpture is the graphic representation of this nonsense." - Pejac

Date: June 3, 2017 21:52

The #LaMerWaveWalk is in NYC until June 21. See Keith's piece at the James Hotel or bid on it at [paddle8.com]

[twitter.com]

Date: June 4, 2017 01:50

Thanks by bye johnny, some of my earlier questions in this thread have been answered - specifically material used.

Eco Resin and Paint
48 x 48 x 36 in (121.92 x 121.92 x 91.44 cm) - Dimensions are approximate

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2017 05:09

wish Mick and Charlie hadda designed a sculpture tooooooooooo .... Shirley coulda even lent Charlie a guiding hand ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 4, 2017 19:40

"Sneak peek of our @weareprojectzero wave walk yesterday"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 4, 2017 22:40

^^^^

Stunning! The above photo of the sculpture in a "real world" environment w/ Alexandra in the shot providing a sense of scale really highlights the impact of the piece. Thanks for posting, Cristiano thumbs up. I've seen all of the sculptures shown on the Le Mer site and, IMO, Keith's is the most striking & beautiful - not that I'm biased or anything winking smiley. The runner up goes to La Mer's simple, silvered wave - also gorgeous.

I wonder if Keith or Patti will bid on it to keep it in the family? I used to watch American Chopper and Paul Senior would bid on & win the custom cycles that his company fabricated to be auctioned off for various worthy causes.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2017 00:56

I want one of these so bad!! There are a few that have no bids at all, which is rather surprising. I have the extra cash to buy one, but then it is a matter of where to put it! I have really become much more into art this year than I'd say I have ever been.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2017 12:35

interesting to see that Hajjaj "The Andy Warhol of Marrakech" is leading the biding .....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home