Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

personalized tickets?
Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: May 15, 2017 23:05

I hope that I don´t ask a question here that has already been answered eye rolling smiley:

A few areas in a lot of venues on the forthcoming European tour are "sold out". So I may have to rely on a reseller in order to get there. For example using ebay. When I ordered my tickets for myself last week, I had to confirm that I don´t trade them. Probably everybody had to.

Can I buy a ticket on ebay (a regular one, no e-ticket) and "get in" with it? Or does it have the original buyers name on it, which (in case of someone checking) keeps me out of the crowd as an "illegal"?

Thanks for every answer!

Cheers, Fillmore

Re: personalized tickets?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 15, 2017 23:35

All eTickets I've seen have a name on them...but so far I've only seen it stated for Barcelona state that an ID Check would be done prior to entry. Hard to tell if it's only for pre-sales but it's hard to imagine that they would check IDs for the whole stadium ! Still they would need a special entrance for pre-sales ?...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 01:12

If they have my name on them I wonder what I'm going to do with my CARRE OR tickets I don't need anymore. I guess you can't sell them...

Date: May 16, 2017 08:53

Thank you for your help so far!

My Stockholm e-ticket has my name on it as well, but what about the presale paper ones, that have not been delivered yet? And, just in case, who is the "gangster": the one who sells them with his name on them, or the one who buys them with a wrong name on them?

I´d prefer answer #2, since I don´t have any for sale, but would like to go to one more show...

Have a nice day, everybody!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 16, 2017 09:49

even if there are names of the tickets – it is impossible to namecheck some 50.000 people at the entrance. Thus only a small sample of the audience will be namechecked.
and – btw – it won't be too hard to change the name on an e-ticket… what really counts is the bar code

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 16, 2017 10:14

Tickets have names on them each time you order them on the internet.
There is no warning about an ID being required at the venue when purchasing, so no problem for giving/reselling them.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: May 16, 2017 10:31

That´s what I needed to hear (or maybe: read).

Thank you, Doc!

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 16, 2017 10:54

You're welcome.
This could only work if you were asked to give a name for each ticket you are purchasing and it isn't the case.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 16, 2017 11:02

Except for Barcelona where they seem rather serious about checking IDs, at least for the presale tickets

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 16, 2017 17:33

gotdablouse
Except for Barcelona where they seem rather serious about checking IDs, at least for the presale tickets

I'm going with lucky dips to Barcelona with a casual fan who doesn't want to spend much. I'm still considering getting a pit (or level one) ticket if one comes up. If I do, I assume I could sell or give away my spare lucky dip to someone who is able to come in to the venue at the same time as my friend and me.

Also it looks like trusted friends or family can pick up tickets (perhaps if someone is ill at the last minute, etc).

My purchase confirmation states "If someone different from the holder of the card used for payment is going to pick up tickets, the following documents will be mandatory: the purchase reference number, a copy of the ID or passport of the purchaser, a copy of the card used for payment and a letter of authorizatio signed by the holder of the card".

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 19, 2017 15:15

Today the tickets for Hamburg and Düsseldorf did arrive in my mailbox. I've got them by Bild presale (via eventim) and they were announced as personalized tickets. But there is no name printed on them. You have to fill in the name by yourself and it is only valid with a name on it: "Veranstaltungsbrechtigt ist (Karte nur mit Namenseintrag gültig):..."
And it is not allowed to sell them for more than face value printed on the ticket plus max. 25% fees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 22:06 by MAF.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 19, 2017 15:35

I've ordered six tickets for me and my friends/kids, all with my name on them.
So I'll have to buy five false ID's on the black market for my fellows.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 19, 2017 20:07

and what about via go-go tickets, for paris shows .....

somebody here have bought tickets for paris on that site?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home