Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: OT: It's official - the MP3 is dead
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 16, 2017 16:54

DandelionPowderman
mr_dja
Note: I am NOT all that tech savvy when it comes to computer editing, etc. But I know that many of you are. Soooo...

Could someone recommend a free app or shareware or even a website that is safe & trustworthy that I can install on my home pc which will allow me to break up large mp3 files into smaller files? Or tell me something that might have come with my pc (Toshiba laptop apx 3-4 yrs old running some form of windows) that may be already installed that I can look for.

Over the years I've downloaded many "full album" or "full show" audio files and, while it's fun to listen to a complete album or show, I would also like to be able to listen to individual songs as well.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Audacity is pretty good. However, you'll need an mp3-encoder, called LAME, in addition to that to export the mp3-files. It's all free, go get it!

Thanks DandelionPowderman! I'm hoping to start on my project this evening a greatly appreciate your insight! smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 16, 2017 17:39

I have one and like these better than what MP3 players sandisk puts out, which I have one of also.
The agptek has 8gb storage on board and will also take a 64gb micro SD card. This should be the 2017 model w better software

[www.amazon.com]

I own this one which is 2016 model. But I am pretty sure it takes a 64gb micro SD card. Not the 32GB listed at Amazon. Can also find agptek MP3 players at ebay...new ones

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 16, 2017 19:20

mr_dja

Could someone recommend a free app or shareware or even a website that is safe & trustworthy that I can install on my home pc which will allow me to break up large mp3 files into smaller files?

mp3DirectCut can do this -- [mpesch3.de1.cc] . It edits MP3 natively, without re-encoding (hence w/o quality-loss).

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 16, 2017 19:41

Thanks as well to Irix... More options to try and play with gives me a better chance of success!

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your insights.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home