Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Spielberg Austria travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 12, 2017 10:09

There was/is basically zero promotion on this gig, so not a surprise it did not sell out quickly. Stones Voodoo Lounge was my first gig in 1994. It was @#$%& impressive, going to be great to get back there more than 20 years later. Also makes me aware of the fact that I'm getting older...

The organiser is saying that he doesn't want to break records with this gig, I heard a capacity of 50.000 being mentioned.

I'm a bit late on this thread now, but if anyone needs help for this gig let me know.

Re: Spielberg Austria travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: May 12, 2017 10:13

Lorenz

I'm a bit late on this thread now, but if anyone needs help for this gig let me know.

Okay! So maybe you know how i can go from Spielberg to Vienna after the concert? Every train is on 5.30 or later. And also maybe you know the answer from my previous post, before yours. Thank you!

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: May 12, 2017 11:07

zgredzik
Lorenz

Okay! So maybe you know how i can go from Spielberg to Vienna after the concert? Every train is on 5.30 or later. And also maybe you know the answer from my previous post, before yours. Thank you!

Yes there are bus packages to and from the venue from Vienna and other places in Austria - the packages can be found here: http://www.oeticket.com/Tickets.html?doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&erid=1916300&includeOnlybookable=false&xtmc=rolling_stones&xtnp=1&xtcr=1&xtor=EREC-7&affiliate=EOT&referer_info=SN-TGP-EDIT-20171005

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 12, 2017 11:26

lucky dip: [www.oeticket.com]

Date: May 12, 2017 11:31

i have mine, some of you too? i am soo excited - it will be mine first Stones concert EVER grinning smiley

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: May 12, 2017 11:45

2 golden standing ordered :-)

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: May 12, 2017 12:07

50 Euro for one Lucky Dip ticket! Great Price

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: May 12, 2017 12:10

Capacity is 100.000 and sales are going very bad - still most of all ticket categories available - and now they start with the LD-tix for only €50 each!

According to local media they need to sell at least 85.000 for 'break-even'...

GN'R sold out in less than 24 hours in Vienna - with GA tickets for €122...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 12, 2017 12:24

I think the "problem" is that Spielberg is in the middle of nowhere.
They would definetly have sold more tickets way faster if the show was in Vienna. I consider to go, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get to and from the venue. Is Graz the most obvious place to stay?

Date: May 12, 2017 12:31

bernard90mike

but it is September.. be calm, everything will be fine for sure smiling smiley

AC/DC in 2015 was there - capacity was 115 000 and they sold 110 000 tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 12:33 by zgredzik.

Date: May 12, 2017 12:35

The Worst.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get to and from the venue. Is Graz the most obvious place to stay?

you can buy ticket for a bus - link was posted in previous post by stereomaniac. it will take you anywhere in Austria where you want - I will go from Vienna to Spielberg, and after show - Spielberg to Vienna.

Posted by: beno ()
Date: May 12, 2017 12:39

Lorenz
There was/is basically zero promotion on this gig, so not a surprise it did not sell out quickly. Stones Voodoo Lounge was my first gig in 1994. It was @#$%& impressive, going to be great to get back there more than 20 years later. Also makes me aware of the fact that I'm getting older...

The organiser is saying that he doesn't want to break records with this gig, I heard a capacity of 50.000 being mentioned.

I am planning to go by car from Budapest. Is there enough parking lot next to the venue?

Thanks

Date: May 12, 2017 12:44

beno

I am planning to go by car from Budapest. Is there enough parking lot next to the venue?

Thanks

it will be better if you ask on some AC/DC forum, I read somewhere there, that in 2015 there was huuge parking. So it won't be a problem, I think smiling smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 12, 2017 12:45

Hi Lorenz!
It would be very nice of you (or any others) could answer a few questions:

1) What is the closest and/or best commercial airport with continental destinations?

2) Where do you recommend to stay - in Knittelberg, Spielberg, Graz or elsewhere?

3) Ho do you get away from the venue after the show? Will it be possible to take public transportation to nearby towns or cities?

Thanks!

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: May 12, 2017 12:47

this place is prepared for formula 1 racings so i think no problems for hotels and so on.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: May 12, 2017 14:08

The Worst.
Hi Lorenz!

1) What is the closest and/or best commercial airport with continental destinations?

2) Where do you recommend to stay - in Knittelberg, Spielberg, Graz or elsewhere?

3) Ho do you get away from the venue after the show? Will it be possible to take public transportation to nearby towns or cities?

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm not Lorenz, but anyway, here are some answers:
ad 1 and 3. You can fly to Vienna, and then book a bus to the venue (it leaves Vienna around noon, and goes back half an hour after the show), travel time about 2 hours (you can book that on oeticket.at)
Alternatively, you could fly to Graz or Linz (most flights, though, go through Vienna).

ad 2. Staying in the region is fine, it is a mountainous and green region, little towns and villages; however, not too much to do, especially if you have no car. There is public transport but this is a rather rural area...
Regarding staying overnight, Knittelfeld or Zeltweg is o.k. (small towns), I'd rather go back to Vienna or Graz (or Linz) and have another day there to enjoy the city.

Cheers
Michael

Date: May 12, 2017 14:12

The Worst.
Hi Lorenz!

Thanks!

1) Vienna is the closest Commercial Airport
2) You can stay in Vienna itself.
4) When you buy a ticket you are given the option of buying a bus ticket with it which will take you to AND from the venue. The link again for this is: http://www.oeticket.com/Tickets.html?doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&erid=1916300&includeOnlybookable=false&xtmc=rolling_stones&xtnp=1&xtcr=1&xtor=EREC-7&affiliate=EOT&referer_info=SN-TGP-EDIT-20171005

They won't have any problems selling 100,000 tickets. It might just take longer than the other shows. Which isn't a bad thing, it means real fans can actually have a chance of getting tickets before the touts do.

Posted by: beno ()
Date: May 12, 2017 14:16

In fact I changed my 2 GA tickets for lucky dips...

I think I 'll take bikes and use the park and bike oprtion:

[www.projekt-spielberg.com]

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: May 12, 2017 14:20

For those Iorr'ians who want to go from Vienna to Spielberg and back on the day of the show:
As I will leave Vienna in the late morning (and go back to Vienna right after the show) with my car (Volvo V70), I can offer 3 seats for riding there. One-way travel time approx. 2 hours (return, it might be longer due to traffic jams after the concert).

Email: michl@getzner.wien

Date: May 12, 2017 14:31

bernard90mike
Capacity is 100.000 and sales are going very bad - still most of all ticket categories available - and now they start with the LD-tix for only €50 each!

GN'R sold out in less than 24 hours in Vienna - with GA tickets for €122...

85,000 to break even probably sounds about right, probably higher staging costs given the location almost everything has to be built from scratch. Then you've got the Stones "fee" ;-)

They will sell it out no problem at all - 4 months to go - I give it no more than a week to fully sell out. People will come in from all over the world for it because places like Paris will sell out in an hour to touts.

Date: May 12, 2017 14:44

MGetzner
For those Iorr'ians who want to go from Vienna to Spielberg and back on the day of the show:

I wrote to you smiling smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 12, 2017 15:40

Still there are 50 Euro Lucky Dip tickets!

[www.oeticket.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 12, 2017 15:43

schwonek

[www.oeticket.com]

I think there will be a LOT of 50 EUR Lucky Dip tickets in Austria & Switzerland. Can you buy them in singles ? You could for Oslo 3 years ago and for several weeks after the General Sale began.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 12, 2017 16:59

Not having any joy for Amsterdam i could have got tickets straightaway for this venue, but when you research into the venue etc its not one of the best locations is it.

Shame really.

Date: May 12, 2017 19:52

odean73
Not having any joy for Amsterdam i could have got tickets straightaway for this venue, but when you research into the venue etc its not one of the best locations is it.

Shame really.

Why is this a bad venue? Because you have to travel to get to it? Sometimes the road trips are the best part!

If you are talking about "bad venues" the Amsterdam Arena is a terrible venue, the sound quality in that place is not very good for concerts.

Date: May 12, 2017 21:42

do you see there TRIBUNE A (part on the right) and TRIBUNE E (part on the left) wasn't available? or sold out (I don't think so). or it will be place for every Lucky Diper? [www.oeticket.com]

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 12, 2017 23:06

grzegorz67
schwonek

[www.oeticket.com]

I think there will be a LOT of 50 EUR Lucky Dip tickets in Austria & Switzerland. Can you buy them in singles ? You could for Oslo 3 years ago and for several weeks after the General Sale began.
Thank you, I got my lucky dip for spielberg smiling smiley))

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 12, 2017 23:52

Funny the e-mail is saying i need to show my creditcard while i paid by bank smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: May 13, 2017 19:18

Got lucky dips in mere minutes yesterday not bad 50 euro a ticket and you get 2.I will be driving down from Prague with friends looking forward... passed on Hamburg for now don't care for the lay out...seat's in front makes know sense to me and GA in the back anyway...As for booking accommodation I use Bookings.com....I got a place about 18 kilometer's from the venue I am sure there will be buses etc going to to the show....I hope this help's and very reasonable prices about 25 euro a night per person....An to boot a friend from Holland Mr.Moneybag's got me A standing VIP for Arnhem nice to have friend's like that....So, two for now would love 3 but there is time and ticket's can always be had.....They were selling tix's GA for 50 euro in Vienna day of the show in 2014....keep the faith....be well it's going to be Epic enjoy the weekend every body.M

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: May 14, 2017 13:41

Look's like Spielberg the easiest place to still get a ticket 99 euro standing...I am sure the will sell Lucky dip's again when it get's closer to the concert late August/early September...Depending on how it sell's...Looking forward to one last dance.M

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home