Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

THIS ALBUM IS GREAT !
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 8, 2005 02:03

I have had ABB on repeat all day long at work. I have always preferred the rawer bluesy Stones of 68-72, but I cannot get over how cool Rain Fall Down and Look What Cat.....are. THESE SONGS ARE SO COOL. They have to be my favorites on the album so far. Funny, I didn't think they would be. They take me back to the days of ER or UC. That'll probably change next week, but for now I can't get those melodies "out of my head". This album just has so much to choose from.

Re: THIS ALBUM IS GREAT !
Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: September 8, 2005 06:12

I agree, I listened to it this morning driving in to work then this evening coming home, its wonderful. Listen to the lyrics, which I enjoyed and Back of my Hand is one of the best blues tunes in years, the album version is better than the live one too, Micks harmonica is great. This album stands on its own as a real gem.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: September 8, 2005 06:20

ditto,so many great rocker to,rj,onnya,iotam,and the best lyrics since wired all night let me down slow.dangerous beauty kicks as well.

john scialfa

Posted by: deg01 ()
Date: September 8, 2005 07:14

>ditto,so many great rocker to,rj,onnya,iotam,and the best lyrics since wired all night let me down slow.dangerous beauty kicks as well.

john scialfa

What song is "iotam"?

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: September 8, 2005 09:51

The more I listen to this album the better it gets. I think it's a keeper.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: JAHKEITH ()
Date: September 8, 2005 11:37

I visit this site regular,I dont often post as I dont possess the technical music knowledge of a lot of fans who do,I have been a fan of this band since I was about six or seven years old,first saw them in 1982.I bought the album yesterday and have to say it was on the insistance of my 11 year old daughter as I was in no hurry to get it having read some of the reviews here.I've now played it a few times some of it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up,I believe this is the best for years although there are one or two numbers I'm not sure about.It cant be compared to the classics of yesteryear(exile etc)but its damned good and I think it deserves it's chart ranking(number 2 yesterday)and I feel proud to be a Stones fan.

Posted by: Tor ()
Date: September 8, 2005 20:16

Yea! it's them and we have missed em'..
the world will never see the likes of The Rolling Stones again...
lets enjoy this......

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: September 8, 2005 21:33

The thing about this album is that when you first hear some of the songs they don't register straight away, whilst others grab you immediately.

Then when you have heard the album a few more times some of the other songs begin to hook you as well.

I reckon we will change our favourite tracks a few times whilst listening to ABB over and over.

That's the sign of a GREAT album I think.

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home