Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hampton '81 Video
Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: April 12, 2017 22:54

So I decided to watch the DVD that came with the albums. What I realized is how active and engaged Keith was in his playing. Totally focused. Also, the songs turned into a jam and to hear them come together was great. I love the sax play. I understand it was due to the setlist but great to hear. Finally, just bare bones when it came to the band. No backups. Stu and Ian in the mix. I was ready to go on tour after the video.

Re: Hampton '81 Video
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 12, 2017 23:02

clapton71
So I decided to watch the DVD that came with the albums. What I realized is how active and engaged Keith was in his playing. Totally focused. Also, the songs turned into a jam and to hear them come together was great. I love the sax play. I understand it was due to the setlist but great to hear. Finally, just bare bones when it came to the band. No backups. Stu and Ian in the mix. I was ready to go on tour after the video.

I loved this period for the Stones. Keith was on fire! And as you say, the jams were splendid! Last time the Stones would play as a true stripped down rock and roll band. Kind of became a jukebox by rote since 1989; still cool cuz it's the Stones but less genuine.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: straycatdevil ()
Date: April 13, 2017 15:50

Still the best vault release.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 13, 2017 16:02

AGREED - this is the era that snagged me as a 10yr old boy as a fan for life

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 13, 2017 23:39

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 23:39 by schillid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home