Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 1978 Tour
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 13, 2017 20:00

TeddyB1018
The '78 tour was off-the-rails exciting when they played indoor venues, and just off-the-rails at the stadiums, where the sound was insufficient and KR's flanged guitar dissipated into the ether. The KBFH recordings are all terrific.

exactly,from the shows i saw it seemed like a hit and miss tour.they were partying way too much and it got the best of them some nights.same for the crowds,like you said-off the rails.i've never seen so many out of control drunk and high people.
they were playing far less consistantly than in 75 where ronnie really had something to prove.78 was like a celebration,we got keith back,had a huge album and single and the party was on.

that was one long hot summer and the stones owned it on rock radio and on the road but it couldn't go on that way much longer or they would've burnt up like a roman candle,which is why you saw a more disciplined,focused rolling stones in 81/82.

Re: 1978 Tour
Posted by: onestep ()
Date: April 13, 2017 21:55

Listen to Bill Wyman's bass playing on Star Star crank it.
Lies is really got a great groove!

They only did like 16 song sets on that tour...

mtaylor
longlongwinter
Is Texas the only soundboard boot on this tour? I loved the sound of the band on this tour and would love to hear more

Here: [www.youtube.com]

Detroit, Dallas, Philadelphia etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 21:57 by onestep.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home