Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Mummy - PIB
Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 4, 2017 01:09

This great song plays a leading role in this summer blockbuster:

[www.imdb.com]

Re: The Mummy - PIB
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 4, 2017 02:06

Oh, my, another movie filled with f/x, sound and fury, signifying nothing. Than, again, re such movies, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The big question is, has Tom Cruise's career reached such a low he's doing a remake of a Brendan Fraser movie?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 4, 2017 02:28

AHHHHHHH YES... another movie of seat-shaking NOISE ....boring

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 4, 2017 02:31

marquess
This great song plays a leading role in this summer blockbuster:

[www.imdb.com]

Phew! Now the Stones won't fade into obscurity.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2017 04:36

These remakes (or reinterpreted versions) are usually inferior to the originals 99.999% of the time imo.

Boris Karloff would not be pleased with this - although he probably liked Paint it Black!

________________________________________________________________________________

dmay
has Tom Cruise's career reached such a low he's doing a remake of a Brendan Fraser movie?

Well it's an inferior remake of the inferior Brendan Fraser version which was basically a loose remake of the 1932 classic - so it's diluted beyond recognition.
Tom Cruise has definitely reached a new low.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-04 04:49 by Hairball.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 4, 2017 16:50

Love the original Karloff version of The Mummy, along with the Karloff Frankenstein. There's just something about them, as old as they are, that's timeless. Maybe it's the black and white photography. In the same genre/style, the original King Kong, IMHO, is still the best version anyone could watch.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2017 19:29

dmay
Love the original Karloff version of The Mummy, along with the Karloff Frankenstein. There's just something about them, as old as they are, that's timeless. Maybe it's the black and white photography. In the same genre/style, the original King Kong, IMHO, is still the best version anyone could watch.

Yes Karloff as Frankenstein is the ultimate (in my top 10 movies of all time), and the original King Kong is the true KING of all KING's (also in my top 10). There have been at least three remakes of King Kong - the 70's version (w/Jeff Bridges?), another from about a decade ago (w/Jack Black), and a the new version that I'm hesitant to see based on the letdown of the two previous remakes. I've seen several trailers, and while I'm tempted to see it in theaters, it looks a bit sensory overload and perhaps a bit cheesy. Haven't yet though, and will probably wait for the dvd.

Evidently they'll be doing remakes of all the classic Universal Monster movies, with this Tom Cruise/Mummy version being the first. My only question is WHY BOTHER?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 5, 2017 00:27

My only question is WHY BOTHER?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 5, 2017 09:22

Rockman
AHHHHHHH YES... another movie of seat-shaking NOISE ....boring

yep. That sums it up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home