Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: St.Paul Setlist 06-09-2005
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 7, 2005 10:24

stonedmike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DONT POST SETLIST UNTILL CONCERT IS OVER

you may as well post it a week in advance when its as unimaginative as this one

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 7, 2005 11:01

Rocks Off also mentioned in Star Tribune review.

[www.startribune.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-07 11:02 by erikjjf.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: September 7, 2005 11:02

I'm guesssing the posted setlist was from a handout that was given to fans walking on the streets near the XCEL - these lists were passed out BEFORE the concert. At the bottom of the list in tiny letters it reads: "Setlist from Ottawa concert. Song order may vary." It was printed by the local classic rock station in the Twin Cities, called KQRS. I was given this list by some girl outside of LIffeys, where the SHIDOOBEE's met tonight.

Neither Shattered nor Out of Control were played, unfortunately. The list is almost accurate, except: Rocks Off played for certain - was it #3?. I'm trying to remember if Beast of Burden played after Honky Tonk Woman, or if it played where listed. And I'm trying to remember any other songs played that haven't been listed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-07 11:42 by triplelicks.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 7, 2005 11:23

You can NOT trust or even use the pre-printed setlists. On several shows this tour they have replaces songs on show day. So the printed official set list is just a nice souvenir, but useless as documentation of what they really played. From the real reviews (Star Tribune):

Two songs from "A Bigger Bang," which was released Tuesday, kept the party rocking -- the furious "Rough Justice" and the stinging blues "Back of My Hand." A loose "Rocks Off" got the sell-out crowd off. Another crowd-pleaser was the stadium-ready Ray Charles tribute, "The Night Time Is the Right Time," featuring screaming backup singer Lisa Fischer.

One more thing:
Why do you expect a totally different set list? It is not the size of the venue that is deciding what they play. It is the maturity of the crowd, show wise. St Paul is a place just like any other regular city in the States I assume. It's like a stadium show except they have a smaller crowd. NYC, Chicago and Boston among other really big cities are able to sell out a Stadium PLUS also an arena and more. Then you get the arena shows diving deeper into their material. With songs such as Sway, Memory Motel and all that other stuff they rehearsed in Toronto. Because the Stones know that a lot of the people at such shows do also go to the stadium show in the same city.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 7, 2005 11:31

One new song for the setlist every second show isnt too much to ask?
I´m sure it rocks like hell.

Posted by: stupid girl ()
Date: September 7, 2005 12:37

bv Wrote:
> ... the Stones know that a lot of the people at such shows do also go
> to the stadium show in the same city...
>

that may be so, but they sure do not seem to care!

Date: September 7, 2005 13:18

Is this posted before(?), it´s posted by ever-reliable Charlotte over at Rocks Off. A little nicer review... (it doesnt seem like the dude stayed thruout the show though; a typical go-and-see-a-couple-of-songs-and-then-back-to-the-paper-and-write-a-quick-review- review, if you ask me. But if so, that´s the newspaper and media business, I know it, believe me, rush, rush)
(Link below)

Posted on Wed, Sep. 07, 2005

Running hot

BY ROSS RAIHALA
Pop Music Critic

In an energetic performance, the Rolling Stones show no signs of being ready to retire.

Two songs into the Rolling Stones' Tuesday night concert at the Xcel Energy Center, Mick Jagger tugged at the waist of his red T-shirt, exposing a 62-year-old tummy so tight it would make a grown man (and woman) cry.

But it wasn't just Jagger's abs that were in fine shape during the sold-out show. Forty-three years into a career that's earned them the billing as "The World's Greatest Rock Band," the Stones are still amazingly vital and a whole lot of fun.

With three of the four main members joining Jagger in the over-60 club (at 58, guitarist Ron Wood is the baby of the bunch), the Stones played with the vigor and energy of a band a third their age.

And while they've long drawn criticism for their ever-increasing ticket prices — the best seats Tuesday rang in at $350 each — they didn't phone in their performance like a bunch of bored, filthy rich stars. Jagger pranced and strutted around the massive stage, while guitarists Wood and Keith Richards traded smiles and licks, and rock-solid drummer Charlie Watts kept the entire operation running.

The Stones played with the energy and drive of a band about to say farewell — even though the band members have never confirmed this is their last tour. Indeed, the band's new album "A Bigger Bang" is the best Stones disc in decades, and they've hinted that it's just the start of a creative revival in the studio.

The set list relied heavily on the band's meaty '70s numbers, from "Tumbling Dice" and "Rocks Off" through "Beast of Burden" and "Miss You." They opened the show, which clocked in at just under two hours, with their second-most famous song, "Start Me Up."

The band's most famous song — "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" — showed up in a four-number set that took place in the middle of the arena. A large chunk of the stage lifted up on hydraulics and slowly sailed past dozens of rows of fans to give the cheap seats a better look at the band's grizzled faces.

It was a gimmick, but it worked, and the multigenerational audience loved it. They also dug the fiery cover of Ray Charles' "(Night Time Is) The Right Time" and even seemed to appreciate the new single "Rough Justice" (one of a handful of tracks from "A Bigger Bang").

Of course, it helped that this bunch of foxy grandpas turned in the sort of performance that suggests they could keep on going into, gulp, their 70s.

Ross Raihala can be reached at rraihala@pioneerpress. com or 651-228-5553.

Link [www.novogate.com]

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: September 7, 2005 14:27

TeleK Wrote:
> here we go tonight:
>
> 1st arena (indoor) show on bb tour
>
> 1. Start me up
> 2. You got me rockin
> 3. Shattered
> 4. Tumblin dice
> 5. Rough Justice
> 6. Back of my hand
> 7. Beast of Burden
> 8. She's So Cold
> 9. Night Time
> 10. The Worst
> 11. Infamy
> 12. Miss You
> 13. Oh no not you again
> 14. Satisfaction
> 15. Honky tonk woman
> 16. Out of Control
> 17. Sympathy for the devil
> 18. Jumpin´jack flash
> 19. Brown Sugar
>
> 20. You cant always get what you want
> 21. It´s only rock´n´roll
>
>
> Please post your comments !!!
>
>
> RECEIVED THE SETLIST BEFORE THE SHOW !!!!!
> (----------------------------
> from akissaway /shedoobee
>
>
>
> "Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
> I want to get lost in your rock and roll
> And drift away"
>
>
>
> Edited 7 times. Last edit at 09/07/05 05:48 by
> TeleK.

people sure are quick to post wrong news
i would wait for the show to be over before posting

Posted by: eric ()
Date: September 7, 2005 15:03

Well cant say I am not dissapointed at the setlist to say the least. BUT it is thier first indoor show. Its a Stones show that we have seen many times before,but HEY its THE STONES. My guess, and not just because I am from PHILLY BUT, PHILLY usually gets the first of the setlist change. I hope this holds true. My guess that IF SWAY is going to be played OR MOONLIGHT MILE it will be in PHILLY first. MABYE MSG but I doubt it.

Date: September 7, 2005 15:11

Speakin of before/after...
Could someone here less busy than I am right now post an updated version of the goddam setlist (guess TeleK´s asleeping)... ?

Re: St.Paul Setlist 06-09-2005 - CORRECTED setlist
Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: September 7, 2005 16:11

I am embarassed for them. Don't have much to say.

Re: St.Paul Setlist 06-09-2005 -FINAL SETLIST
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:01

Gazza Wrote:
> yep thats tonights setlist. Its not uncommon for
> it to be spotted before the show.
>
> I know akissaway. She wouldnt be the type to post
> a fake setlist
>
> so much for big changes in arenas....
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09/07/05 05:26 by
> Gazza.

Oh yeah, Mick Jagger phones the setlist into "kissaway" at least 60 minutes before each show ! smiling smiley

Re: St.Paul Setlist 06-09-2005 - FINAL setlist
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:41

Was Rocks Off done with the "edit" or complete?

C

Re: St.Paul Setlist 06-09-2005 - FINAL setlist
Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:54

Well, I'm really disapointed concerning their first Arena set list. They should more variety into the setlists concering different venues, like on the 40 Licks tour.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home