Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great new Album--But "neo con" sucks
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 5, 2005 22:20

Bought the Album today
Best Album since "Aftermath"
15 Really good-ones
---But why "Sweet "neo con"--thats sHit

Re: Great new Album--But "neo con" sucks
Posted by: gut ()
Date: September 5, 2005 22:35

Even if I had agreed with its immature lyrics (...which you all know I don't....i don't even have to post that..), the song would still suck. From what I've heard from different samples, its a piece of crap. Another throw-away Jagger frou-frou music box melody.

I guarantee most fans will skip this track for sure when listending to the album. Its musically irrelevant. What I'm really surprised at is how Keith let this piece of crap make to the final listing.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: somesmerized ()
Date: September 5, 2005 22:40

You've said it all Gut. I listened to the album many many times already, but I always skip Sweet Neo Con... Just a cruel lack of inspiration... Too bad, the rest is great. It's like a pimple on a model's forehead...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 5, 2005 22:43

gut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What I'm really surprised at is how
> Keith let this piece of crap make to the final
> listing.

That's an easy one, it's so obvious! Keith said to Mick:

"Let me have my piece of crap "Infamy" on the record, and you can have your piece of crap "Neo-Con" on the record in return, pal!"

That was the deal! So we have two pieces of crap on the record - one by Mick, one by Keith.

Date: September 5, 2005 22:50

I have a slightly different opinion. I think they figured out it would be a good publicity for the album, and so far they've been soooooo right. Everytime I read an article about A Bigger Bang, lyrics of Sweet Neo Con are quoted. I think it's a very smart move actually. All I wish is it'll boost their sales.

Date: September 5, 2005 23:02

Well, publicity stunts won't help sales at all it the album is low quality in the first place. If that were the case, fools like Britney Spears and Courtney Love would be considered geniuses.

I will make my own fair analysis of the album when I buy it tommorrow. But so far, with these 2 songs, my initial reaction is not very good. I hope the other tracks make up for these losers. If not, the album will sink fast. Todays music buyers don't forgive very easily.

Date: September 5, 2005 23:20

The album is great. Go take a look : [www.rollingstones.com]

Plus the whole "we are still controversial" is an asset for them. Believe me it WILL help the sales. Especially in Europe.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 5, 2005 23:20

Keith are still able to do a really good new "Rocker"
Infamy???--Ill skip it

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: September 5, 2005 23:31

Neocon was a calculated publicity move to make them seem far more left than the money grubbing right of center businessmen they are. Anyone who changes citizenship to avoid taxes is far right.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: September 5, 2005 23:40

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 04:52 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: maurizio ()
Date: September 6, 2005 00:41

i like the song

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: September 6, 2005 00:42

Imagine Highwire instead of Sweetneocon.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 6, 2005 00:42

it's a pretty average song, but the lyrics are mighty

GREAT ALBUM OF THE STONES IN 2005
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 6, 2005 00:49

THIS IS BRILLIANT CD OF THE STONES PUT THE STONES HISTORY OF 40YEARS BEHIND AND
ROCK TO THE STONES IN 2005 AND THINK ABOUT THE NEW YOUNG FANS WHO MUST BE
ROCKIN TO THIS CD AS IF THEIR NO TOMORROW,I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE STONES
SINCE 1968 SO I HAVE SEEN GROUPS COME AND GO BUT STONES ARE ALWAYS HERE FOR
US,NOBODY IS GONNA TELL ME ANY DIFFRENT STONES ARE GREATEST THEY ARE ALWAYS HERE
FOR ME SO YOU FOGGIES START LEAVIN IN REAL WORLD AND ROCK TO THE STONES IN
2005.LONG LIVE ROLLING STONES.KISH

Posted by: pafult01 ()
Date: September 6, 2005 00:54

I like the music, the groove and especially the harp. I think it is above average musically but nothing really special in that department. The lyrics are embarassingly juvenile, although I agree with the message 100%. While it is somewhat of a calculated publicity ploy, I believe Mick is like a lot of others in the U.S. and across the world who are disgusted by the "screw the poor" policies of Bush and the Republicans (and yes, I am an American). It's not as if this is the first political song Jagger has ever written (Street Fighting Man, Undercover, Highwire, etc.).

By the way, Dangerous Beauty is also a Bush-bashing song - listen closely and the lyrics are about the Abu Ghraib prison scandal and Lyndie England. I also think Back of My Hand is about the sorry state the world is in today. The lyrics there are very metaphorical as opposed to the almost too direct ones of Neo Con.

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: September 6, 2005 00:58

here we go again, this really make me sick

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: September 6, 2005 01:27

retired_dog wrote:

>That's an easy one, it's so obvious! Keith said to Mick:

>"Let me have my piece of crap "Infamy" on the record, and you can have your >piece of crap "Neo-Con" on the record in return, pal!"

>That was the deal! So we have two pieces of crap on the record - one by Mick, >one by Keith.

Right, that´s exactly what I thought. I love the album, but these two songs really lack inspiration.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 6, 2005 01:32

Steven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone who changes citizenship to avoid taxes is far right.

What a crap you tell! So the far left would change citizenship to pay higher taxes? Avoiding taxes is neither left nor right but thinking economically.

Besides "Sweet Neo Con" is a great piece of ass whipping and there are some guys that really need it these days, Not so great musically, though, but still better than "Let me down slow" and "She saw me coming", not mentioning the infamous last track by Keith.

Date: September 6, 2005 01:53

Good. Add another song, "Dangerous Beauty" to the shitlist. It will be skipped over too.

And if the Beauty part of the song is referring to Lyndie England, then Jagger really must have been stoned out of his gord. She is NOT an attractive woman.

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: September 6, 2005 02:01

Can anyone explain to me, why "Flip the Switch" is inferior to "Oh no not you again", what was wrong with "Slipping Away" that was done better in "This place is empty", there are a lot of questions of this kind lingering in my mind. I´m really happy and think it was a great idea that one can listen to all the new songs in full stereo on the band´s website, thus giving me the opportunity to listen to the new stuff without having to buy a rather mediocre record.

A serious question to people with some talent for unbiased answers: Have you expected more or less from the new album???

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home