Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger: Musician
Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: January 30, 2017 23:48

no...but to tout Mick as the equal to the most advanced players is BS.

I like soulfulness and technique working together best.

Players Like Junior Wells did not frenzy out with their technique but they had it to employ it as they desired.
I have studied harp for a long while now and I can hear who tongue blocks and what harp position is used and so forth.
same with guitar.

I stand by my opinion...of course others can do what they please with it. it is just another thread.

Date: January 31, 2017 10:20

I'm not wild about 'techincal' harp playing. I much prefer the howling way.
But IMO Jagger has become pretty technically proficient. His solos on CYHMK or OOC are testimony.
I m surprised to see Ronnie Wood mentioned in a harp thread. Ive heard him play. Here and there. Where has he shown his playing?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 31, 2017 10:24

DandelionPowderman
Spud
When speaking about the early ABB recrdings with just himself and Mick, Keith coomented that Micks's also a pretty decent drummer .

According to Chuck, Mick should never be allowed to count in songs, because he does it differently all the time smiling smiley

According to my neighbor Chuck should never be allowed to play in songs, because he does it the same all the time smiling bouncing smiley only kidding DP only kidding.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 31, 2017 10:45

As to Mick's musicianship, regardless of what instrument he's playing: the songs sound good. One aspect of being a musician is serving the song without necessarily drawing undue attention to oneself. The songs sound good; Mick is a pretty good musician.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: January 31, 2017 10:50

hopkins
DandelionPowderman
Spud
When speaking about the early ABB recrdings with just himself and Mick, Keith coomented that Micks's also a pretty decent drummer .

According to Chuck, Mick should never be allowed to count in songs, because he does it differently all the time smiling smiley

According to my neighbor Chuck should never be allowed to play in songs, because he does it the same all the time smiling bouncing smiley only kidding DP only kidding.

grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home