Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Will Stones storm the US this year before Europe
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 6, 2017 00:25

@35love: get a room!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 6, 2017 01:42

keefriff99
ouroux58
StonedRambler
Stoneage
BV
Mick Jagger is an example of how you may reduce your physical age a lot by a healthy diet and being fit. Physically he is in the 50's even if he is really in the 70's

I would not necessarily agree with that. As you said, ageing is a real thing. Sir Michael may be very fit for his age but he's certainly not 53 anymore.
I don't agree with you. I think if you see him perform from the distance he looks like a 20 year old man. Only if you see his face and skin closer he looks like in his 50s.

If you see him closer he looks his real age, 73. And without make-up, early in the morning at wake-up, surely more. Don't forget the life he lived.
Why do you want to make it younger than his age. I agree that physically he is in very good shape.
I you want an example of a guy looking younger, there is Robert Marchand, 105 years old and who ride 22 kilometers an hour.
Wow, what the hell...I just read up on this guy, Marchand. Remarkable story!

Most important for him and the rest of the band - they are mentally like in the 50'ies (if 50'ies is a good age). Had they behaved like 70-75 years old, they wouldn't do what they are doing now. They would be retired and walking around like old farts.

Being mentally fit and "young" is quite an important factor!

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: January 6, 2017 06:21

They all look about the same, age wise. Apart from Ron who turns 70 this year. But Mick is definitely in the best shape. But the rest are over 70. And bands the age of this lot do well just to wake up each day.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 6, 2017 07:58

mpj200
They all look about the same, age wise. Apart from Ron who turns 70 this year. But Mick is definitely in the best shape. But the rest are over 70. And bands the age of this lot do well just to wake up each day.

And what of Bill Wyman? Where would you rank him?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 6, 2017 11:13

mpj200

We all want so bad to see the Stones roll on and on, we may be taking their love of performing for granted. Back in 1978 or 1981 did any of us think they would still be playing stadiums at this stage? Thankfully they - especially Mick, Ron and Charlie look very good for their ages. Keith has deteriorated the most,but on a good night his enthusiasm and passion kind of compensates for the wrinkles and his loss of finger dexterity. I thought he played - and looked - much better in Havana Moon than in Sweet Summer Sun. But they are at a late stage in the game, and none of us should assume that this can just go on forever. And I do hope that our last memories of Keith onstage will spare us from an embarrassment of the Chuck Berry at 87 sort. God knows he's already has some bad moments with solos lately.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 6, 2017 12:37

It is no wishful thinking that Mick has a body of a 20 year old man. In fact he has even a better body than most 20 year old men if you take away his head!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 7, 2017 00:59

35love, the line is already very long. <3

His moves, his body, his energy are very young-looking.
To me, his face is great. He can look youthful or older, depending on how relaxed he is, or not.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2017 01:07

35love
OMG do I need to embarrass myself further about MJ?
All you people talking smack.
And who's seen him first thing in the morning?! ;-)
Ha ha,
everything is right w/ the world
the RS's are still going...
smileys with beer

The Rolling Stones's?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 7, 2017 01:14

StonedRambler
It is no wishful thinking that Mick has a body of a 20 year old man. In fact he has even a better body than most 20 year old men if you take away his head!
When was that taken?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 7, 2017 01:26

keefriff99
StonedRambler
When was that taken?
This year during the South America tour, don't know which concert though.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 7, 2017 02:13

GasLightStreet
35love
OMG do I need to embarrass myself further about MJ?
All you people talking smack.
And who's seen him first thing in the morning?! ;-)
Ha ha,
everything is right w/ the world
the RS's are still going...
smileys with beer

The Rolling Stones's?

Yes, RS's = Rolling Stones.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 7, 2017 02:21

StonedRambler
keefriff99
StonedRambler
When was that taken?
That's remarkable. I knew he was still fit, but assumed gravity had taken more toll than that, kinda like with Iggy Pop.

If you didn't know better, you could say that was the body of a very fit man in his 30s or 40s.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 7, 2017 02:38

Killing me.

Date: January 7, 2017 07:01

The Sicilian
mpj200

And what of Bill Wyman? Where would you rank him?

Haven't seen Bill in ages.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 8, 2017 04:22

35love
Killing me.

Tis

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 8, 2017 20:19

Mick has wrinkles because he is 73 and has a fair complexion. He also makes exaggerated facial expressions on stage and that does stretch the skin. Mick is an extraordinary speciman of a man...end of story! In every way he is a powerhouse with no one coming close in his category. OK, I will GET A ROOM!
As far as USA shows, I think you can rule NOTHING out at this point. America is where the MONEY is, this is not disputable. Yes, they charge more for tickets so it is ALWAYS enticing to tour the USA! I am thinking if the European Tour goes well, they will consider ading a few more shows across the pond....maybe NYC or Brooklyn, Philly, Boston where they KNOW they'll sell out. They have said repeatedly they will not QUIT doing shows...they want to play to live audiences until they physically CAN'T go on.
As far as traveling to Europe to see a few shows, I hate to sound cowardly but I am very concerned with security. ISIS seems to have no problem plowing vehicles into crowds at will...Europe doesn't seem to have a handle on the type of security needed to protect innocent people. I hope that the Stones organization is working on this...the world we live in is a mess and I would rather they make decisions on WHERE to perform based on safety rather than $$.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 8, 2017 21:57

mickschix
Mick has wrinkles because he is 73 and has a fair complexion. He also makes exaggerated facial expressions on stage and that does stretch the skin. Mick is an extraordinary speciman of a man...end of story! In every way he is a powerhouse with no one coming close in his category. OK, I will GET A ROOM!
As far as USA shows, I think you can rule NOTHING out at this point. America is where the MONEY is, this is not disputable. Yes, they charge more for tickets so it is ALWAYS enticing to tour the USA! I am thinking if the European Tour goes well, they will consider ading a few more shows across the pond....maybe NYC or Brooklyn, Philly, Boston where they KNOW they'll sell out. They have said repeatedly they will not QUIT doing shows...they want to play to live audiences until they physically CAN'T go on.
As far as traveling to Europe to see a few shows, I hate to sound cowardly but I am very concerned with security. ISIS seems to have no problem plowing vehicles into crowds at will...Europe doesn't seem to have a handle on the type of security needed to protect innocent people. I hope that the Stones organization is working on this...the world we live in is a mess and I would rather they make decisions on WHERE to perform based on safety rather than $$.

I saw 3 shows in continental Europe last year. security for large scale events is very tight. When I saw Paul McCartney at Rock Werchter in Belgium there were metal detectors and no vehicles near the queues to get in.

That would be a very lame reason not to travel. General crime in Europe is much lower than it is in North America and you are still far more likely to die from it than a terrorist attack.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 9, 2017 04:51

I am a 64 year old woman in very good shape for my age. I love and admire Mick beyond all reason but can't believe that his body looks like that at 73. He normally does not lift his tee-shirt any longer cause he's wise enough to know that gravity does take a certain toll no matter how fabulous your physique is and his is wonderful. I want to get the room too!!! I think this must be an older picture. Prove me wrong.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 9, 2017 05:01

keefriff99
StonedRambler
keefriff99
StonedRambler
When was that taken?
That's remarkable. I knew he was still fit, but assumed gravity had taken more toll than that, kinda like with Iggy Pop.

If you didn't know better, you could say that was the body of a very fit man in his 30s or 40s.

Hope Mick caught the Mardi Gras beads!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 9, 2017 06:57

A few shows in Western Canada/Pacific Northwest would be nice!

Date: January 9, 2017 07:22

The clock is winding down. Like BV always says, if you get a chance to see the boys, go. It may be your last. Don't assume they will ever come to the States again. They may. They may not. It could all end tomorrow so put it in perspective and be thankful they are still working. Can't wait for the shows this summer.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 11, 2017 02:00

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
Nate
latebloomer
I'd love to see them in Europe, it would be much more fun than another US city. Just not sure I can get my broke American ass over there. Sigh.

Have you been to Europe before?
If not I would suggest trying to make it if you put your mind to it you can do it.

You can get some great deals on flights and if you don't mind staying in hostels then it can be a not so expensive trip.
Europe has some great hostels nice and clean with a great atmosphere.

Let me know if you need any tips on places to stay around Europe I have stayed at many cheap but great places in major cities around Europe.

Nate thumbs up

yeah...I think you've got yourself a dealbreaker there.

Hmph. I'll have you know Treacles, that I have stayed at The Holiday Inn many times, so there.

Thanks for the offer of help Nate, may take you up on it. smiling smiley

no need to throw your history of luxury accommodations in our face latebloomer...tho' I'm sure your holiday inn's all had separate rooms without bunk beds and in-room restrooms, not ones down the hallway, first door on the left.

Guess I shoulda used an emoticon there, Treacles.grinning smiley Though I can be high maintenance, I have used hostels before and would be more than happy to stay in one again. smileys with beer

you seem somehow 'above' hostels latebloomer, at least in my minds eye!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 11, 2017 02:49

treaclefingers
latebloomer

Guess I shoulda used an emoticon there, Treacles.grinning smiley Though I can be high maintenance, I have used hostels before and would be more than happy to stay in one again. smileys with beer

Been told I can give off that vibe Treacles, but I know how to slum with the best of them...cept when it comes to my coffee. winking smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: January 11, 2017 03:21

NO

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 11, 2017 04:48

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

Been told I can give off that vibe Treacles, but I know how to slum with the best of them...cept when it comes to my coffee. winking smiley

good to know you can still hang with the peeps!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 11, 2017 10:48

keefriff99
StonedRambler
keefriff99
StonedRambler
When was that taken?

He's in excellent shape. But there's no secret to how he has achieved this! Looking back over the years he has always benefited from being very lean, probably had a fairly high metabolism. Not eating too much and plenty of exercise does wonders for body composition.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: January 27, 2017 20:51

Local radio Station in San Diego 101 KGB just announced the Stones are going to be announcing North America tour dates soon. Deejay said it will be a mix of Lonesome and Blue and 50 & Counting. Trying to find online confirmation of this. So excited! Like my friend said, maybe they will play in Vegas to redeem for the cancelled concert there, then we can use our airline credits! Can anyone here confirm? BV? I can't find anything else on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-27 21:05 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 27, 2017 21:59

2014Slayer
Local radio Station in San Diego 101 KGB just announced the Stones are going to be announcing North America tour dates soon. Deejay said it will be a mix of Lonesome and Blue and 50 & Counting. Trying to find online confirmation of this. So excited! Like my friend said, maybe they will play in Vegas to redeem for the cancelled concert there, then we can use our airline credits! Can anyone here confirm? BV? I can't find anything else on this.

The D.J. said it will be a mix lonesome and blue?

Well the D.J. can't even get the name of the album correct so I would take his information with a large pinch of salt.

Nate

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 27, 2017 22:13

2014Slayer

The DJ must be a relative of Trump. Full of BS and utterly without brains
Jeroen

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: January 27, 2017 23:01

corriecas
2014Slayer

The DJ must be a relative of Trump. Full of BS and utterly without brains
Jeroen

What's the need for such vitriol? You Europeans will get the Stones this year... the potential for US dates does not take away from that. And by the way, even though the Stones came to America in 2015, they avoided major markets. NYC hasn't had a show in 5 years.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home