Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...652653654655656657658659660661662...LastNext
Current Page: 657 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 26, 2023 22:57

I've lost all hope. I've sat in the same room behind the same laptop since 2005 waiting and waiting and waiting for a new album. I hate Mick. I love CROSSEYED HEART. Since it only took 23 years to make CROSSEYED HEART, naturally I'm much more upset that it's already taken 18 years to make the new album and I don't believe people that say it's done because it's more fun to say "hit the wall" over and over. I haven't eaten in 18 years. I haven't slept in 18 years. I just post at IORR and then agree with myself when I log in under a different name.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 26, 2023 22:59

Rocky Dijon
I've lost all hope. I've sat in the same room behind the same laptop since 2005 waiting and waiting and waiting for a new album. I hate Mick. I love CROSSEYED HEART. Since it only took 23 years to make CROSSEYED HEART, naturally I'm much more upset that it's already taken 18 years to make the new album and I don't believe people that say it's done because it's more fun to say "hit the wall" over and over. I haven't eaten in 18 years. I haven't slept in 18 years. I just post at IORR and then agree with myself when I log in under a different name.

hang on...is this sarcasm? Sometimes it's hard to read you Dijonnaise!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2023 23:11

He sounds a bit delusional and even paranoid to me.
Might be a good time for him to take another timeout!
The walls are closing in....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-26 23:21 by Hairball.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 26, 2023 23:21

Rocky Dijon

It's a bit worrying when this is the reaction to someone who has a different opinion to you, for what it's worth I've enjoyed your posts throughout the years, don't have a break on account of me, better i give you a break pal.

See you on the flip side when the album really does come out.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 27, 2023 00:10

Why we have different opinions? We are different people. I love Dirty Work - much because the album was released in a wonderful time of my life. Some of you hate it. That´s no threat to me, what so ever. I am not you. You want to burn all your Rolling Stones records after 1983? Fine. I´m not the one burning them. All over the world there are conflicts. People have a hard time seperating themselves from others. I never defend myself. I am already right. I am Björn. And whoever you are - respect! Go for it! smiling smiley

Date: May 27, 2023 03:59

I always find the reactions interesting. I generally make it clear what my personal thoughts are, hoping for something like 1990s Stones, but not setting expectations particularly high. I am, like most, looking forward to the album.

The other posts are meant to exaggerate the extremes. I rarely take sides since I've never wanted one view only to prevail. Hairball, right or wrong, I generally read his or her posts with a great deal of humor and am amused when others take it so seriously. Not a troll, but in my view, definitely a jester. keefriffhards often has fluctuating opinions, which I also empathize with, that's why I quoted him/her twice from posts separated by one day which seemed to be mirror opposites. No conspiracy, I always find the paranoia about multiple screen names amusing since it doesn't matter and Bjornulf can determine if it's the same IP address if he really cared. Mainly I just find it fun to parody the extremes of opinions that lead to dust-ups. I might tease, but I mean well. I like reading what other fans think and enjoy the humor (intended or not) of the site in particular.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 27, 2023 10:34

It's easy to put your foot in it with dark or ironic humour around these parts...

It doesn't always translate well and sometimes folks don't get it .

We simply don't all find the same things funny grinning smiley

Date: May 27, 2023 11:00

Basically to cut a long story short you love Jagger solo stuff, I have no time for that on a Stones album, enjoy your posting Rocky, i have nothing against anyone who loves music period, whatever that music, and i certainly don't hate Mick for his solo outings, right now I'd give anything for a solo album from Mick, Ronnie or Keith.
Its only rock and roll, don't take it so seriously brother, be as sarcastic as you like but i can assure you Hairball and i are not the same person and we certainly aren't women winking smiley
Keep on Rocking Rocky.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 27, 2023 11:55

Sometimes I think it’s a good idea to be reminded written dialogue can be misunderstood. That mixed in with some devious intentions cause problems on all forums. Often my feelings get hurt, but then I’m reminded to put my big boy pants on winking smiley

Date: May 27, 2023 15:53

Rocky Dijon
I always find the reactions interesting. I generally make it clear what my personal thoughts are, hoping for something like 1990s Stones, but not setting expectations particularly high. I am, like most, looking forward to the album.

The other posts are meant to exaggerate the extremes. I rarely take sides since I've never wanted one view only to prevail. Hairball, right or wrong, I generally read his or her posts with a great deal of humor and am amused when others take it so seriously. Not a troll, but in my view, definitely a jester. keefriffhards often has fluctuating opinions, which I also empathize with, that's why I quoted him/her twice from posts separated by one day which seemed to be mirror opposites. No conspiracy, I always find the paranoia about multiple screen names amusing since it doesn't matter and Bjornulf can determine if it's the same IP address if he really cared. Mainly I just find it fun to parody the extremes of opinions that lead to dust-ups. I might tease, but I mean well. I like reading what other fans think and enjoy the humor (intended or not) of the site in particular.

And for the record, and not that you singled me out, but I was being sarcastic when I asked whether you were being sarcastic, and I apologize for calling you dijonnaise, a miracle spread for any sandwich containing smoked meats.

Date: May 27, 2023 15:54

keefriffhards
Basically to cut a long story short you love Jagger solo stuff,

I like "Just Another Night," most of PRIMITIVE COOL, all of WANDERING SPIRIT, "Hideaway," "Too Far Gone," and "Old Habits Die Hard." The rest I do not like at all or it simply doesn't register with me. And CROSSEYED HEART is my least favorite of Keith's three efforts.

Date: May 27, 2023 16:00

frankotero
Sometimes I think it’s a good idea to be reminded written dialogue can be misunderstood. That mixed in with some devious intentions cause problems on all forums. Often my feelings get hurt, but then I’m reminded to put my big boy pants on winking smiley

Sage advice. We don't actually know each other although sometimes it feels like we kinda sorta do.

Date: May 27, 2023 17:50

Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards

I like "Just Another Night," most of PRIMITIVE COOL, all of WANDERING SPIRIT, "Hideaway," "Too Far Gone," and "Old Habits Die Hard." The rest I do not like at all or it simply doesn't register with me. And CROSSEYED HEART is my least favorite of Keith's three efforts.

To be honest Micks solo albums have grown on me, in recent years i re- visited them and there's definitely some great stuff on some of them.
Took me years to get over Mick going solo in the 80s, i found it embarrassing for him and at the same time felt sorry for the Stones.
Life goes on and Keith established himself as a solo artist so it's all good.

You are right, i do run hot and cold with this band but with Mick touring in the manner he does in his 70's he continues to blow my mind, no one on earth can do what he does at his age, maybe he and Keith have one more trick left, something amazing, you never know with those two and of course Ronnie, it's not over until its over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-27 18:03 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 27, 2023 18:35

So the fanbase conclusion here is that there is absolutely no need for a new album with original material since their production of new material has been so prolific during the last two decades;
spoiling us with new remakes of old songs and new blues covers? And asking for a new album is really the height of insolence and ignorance? Did I get it right?

Date: May 27, 2023 18:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-27 18:35 by Stoneage.

Date: May 27, 2023 18:49

Stoneage
So the fanbase conclusion here is that there is absolutely no need for a new album with original material since their production of new material has been so prolific during the last two decades;
spoiling us with new remakes of old songs and new blues covers? And asking for a new album is really the height of insolence and ignorance? Did I get it right?

Perfect post, but on here the Stones can do no wrong, if you are impatient for a new album you are a hater. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 27, 2023 19:02

Well, the Stones themselves are teasing us all the time with snippets of new music online, "new music coming soon" posts, etc. If they don't want us to get impatient, they should just say: shut up, we have nothing new coming up, we're old, listen to Exile, Sticky Fingers, and Let It Bleed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-27 19:03 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 27, 2023 19:05

Stoneage

No. There are:
    [*] People who are eager to get a new album of the Stones because there might be something good on it
    [*] People who think the Stones are taking too long and owe them a new album, fast!
    [*] People who think the Stones owe nobody nothing
    [*] People think the Stones are great, whatever happens
    [*] People who think the Stones made a number of great albums a long time ago, but would be better off now doing their solo-work instead of bringing out yet another mediocre album
Some people fall in more than one category. I am sure I forgotten a few options too.

Date: May 27, 2023 19:11

I think you got it there, Matxil. Seems reasonable to me.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 27, 2023 19:34

I have an overwhelming feeling that this next record will be an overthought, overproduced, absolutely souless artifact. It won't even come remotely close to Sicky Fingers or Exile on Mainstreet. Sorry.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2023 20:02

matxil
Stoneage

No. There are:
    [*] People who are eager to get a new album of the Stones because there might be something good on it
    [*] People who think the Stones are taking too long and owe them a new album, fast!
    [*] People who think the Stones owe nobody nothing
    [*] People think the Stones are great, whatever happens
    [*] People who think the Stones made a number of great albums a long time ago, but would be better off now doing their solo-work instead of bringing out yet another mediocre album
Some people fall in more than one category. I am sure I forgotten a few options too.

I would add people who don't demand an album but still welcome the idea of getting one. Mostly I'm still interested because the Stones themselves kept on talking about being in the process of making it.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 27, 2023 20:08

[*] people who can't count

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 27, 2023 21:39

keefriffhards
Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards

To be honest Micks solo albums have grown on me, in recent years i re- visited them and there's definitely some great stuff on some of them.
Took me years to get over Mick going solo in the 80s, i found it embarrassing for him and at the same time felt sorry for the Stones.
Life goes on and Keith established himself as a solo artist so it's all good.

You are right, i do run hot and cold with this band but with Mick touring in the manner he does in his 70's he continues to blow my mind, no one on earth can do what he does at his age, maybe he and Keith have one more trick left, something amazing, you never know with those two and of course Ronnie, it's not over until its over.

Credit to Mick that he worked with some incredible musicians on his solo albums. Of them all She's The Boss seems the most unnecessary one. It is not that far removed in sound from Undercover and probably less adventurous. Actually none of Mick's solo albums are that different from a Stones one really.

Date: May 27, 2023 22:12

The gradual change was The Stones went from being a band to being just Mick and Keith. As the two grew apart artistically, the band went from collaboration to compromise more often than not. After the 1990s, there seemed to be little interest in anything other than following the model of overdubbing onto demos that were arranged before the band came together. Allegedly, the new album is a return to something closer to collaboration. I have some hope based on what little we've heard (including "Living in a Ghost Town") that the results might sound more like a band effort. We will see.

Date: May 27, 2023 22:33

---------

Date: May 27, 2023 22:34

keefriffhards
Stoneage

Perfect post, but on here the Stones can do no wrong, if you are impatient for a new album you are a hater. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

If you had the same expectations of your parents/grandparents or other octogenarians as you do of the Rolling Stones...at this point you'd be cut out of their will.

Just sayin'...

Date: May 27, 2023 22:37

TheflyingDutchman
Rocky Dijon
The gradual change was The Stones went from being a band to being just Mick and Keith. As the two grew apart artistically, the band went from collaboration to compromise more often than not.

Collaboration and compromise are often closer than kissing cousins in music. I don't get your point.

Date: May 27, 2023 22:59

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
Stoneage

If you had the same expectations of your parents/grandparents or other octogenarians as you do of the Rolling Stones...at this point you'd be cut out of their will.

Just sayin'...

One album every 20th year - is that really to much to ask for?

Date: May 27, 2023 23:38

TheflyingDutchman
TheflyingDutchman
Rocky Dijon
The gradual change was The Stones went from being a band to being just Mick and Keith. As the two grew apart artistically, the band went from collaboration to compromise more often than not.

Collaboration and compromise are often closer than kissing cousins in music. I don't get your point.

Apparently very few people do whether serious or in jest. As Hairball has told me more than once, I've hit another wall.

Date: May 28, 2023 00:09

Rocky Dijon
TheflyingDutchman
TheflyingDutchman
Rocky Dijon

Apparently very few people do whether serious or in jest. As Hairball has told me more than once, I've hit another wall.

I still don't know what you guys are talking about then, from a musical and rational point of view. Collaboration and compromises are the same. There are only agreements on recordings.. Like them or not.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...652653654655656657658659660661662...LastNext
Current Page: 657 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home