Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Ride 'Em On Down Video
Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: December 4, 2016 17:01

the car was the best part of the video!

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 4, 2016 21:44

latebloomer
Speaking about working with the iconic British rockers, Kristen revealed it didn’t take much for her to come onboard with the unique musical project.She said: ‘It didn’t take much more than a few words to get me amped on the idea. The Stones.’A 65 mustang. Alone in Los Angeles. And the shoot was just as dreamy as the idea. We tore LA apart in a day and we had one hell of a sound track.

[www.videomuzic.eu]

We tore LA apart in a day and we had one hell of a sound track

FUN!!! Right on!!! I know very little about this young woman, but I like her more now!

Very Nice, thanks for posting...
and I like her even more, that is the EXACT right answer.

One sad thing about reading IORR is every single time no matter what the release/song/concert/yadda/yadda some naysaying whiners WILL ALWAYS show up and whine and bitch and complain and nitpick and put it under a microscope and analyze everything about it and whine about what they imagine is wrong with it then proceed to whine whine whine whine... and then whine some more. Is just part of the deal of reading here. Then it just a matter of time before the usual suspects show up and whine that Mick Taylor wasn't invited to play on this song... or how much better it would have been if Wyman had played on it... or how they are not real Blues men.... no wait... the whiners already started that nonsense in another thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-04 21:45 by HankM.

Date: December 4, 2016 22:01

The Rolling Stones - Ride 'Em On Down

3 MILLION VIEWS AND COUNTING
3,018,303 views Published on Dec 1, 2016
and LMAO!!! 2692 douches bothered to take time to down thumbs it... LMAO!!!!

ROCK ME BABAY!!!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 4, 2016 22:27

One sad thing about reading IORR is every single time no matter what the release/song/concert/yadda/yadda some naysaying whiners WILL ALWAYS show up and whine and bitch and complain and nitpick and put it under a microscope and analyze everything about it and whine about what they imagine is wrong with it then proceed to whine whine whine whine... and then whine some more. Is just part of the deal of reading here. Then it just a matter of time before the usual suspects show up and whine that Mick Taylor wasn't invited to play on this song... or how much better it would have been if Wyman had played on it... or how they are not real Blues men.... no wait... the whiners already started that nonsense in another thread.

Yep Hank .... some people are just SAD no matter what happens in life ........................XFX

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-04 22:45 by Rockman.

Date: December 4, 2016 22:37

Rockman

Yep Hank .... some people are just SAD no matter what happens in life ........................XFX

And ya know how nice the Stones are?
They even wrote a song for them grinning smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 4, 2016 22:41

Nice!!! ... eeeerrrr well I'd use stronger words Hank but you can start with nice .... like on Hoo Doo Blues they are just filthy.... WICKED .... Lightnin' Slim would be grinnin' his head off......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: December 4, 2016 22:45

Why did Kristen buy a gobstopper when she already had a lollipop?

Olly.

Date: December 4, 2016 22:49

Rockman
Nice!!! ... eeeerrrr well I'd use stronger words Hank but you can start with nice .... like on Hoo Doo Blues they are just filthy.... WICKED .... Lightnin' Slim would be grinnin' his head off......
smileys with beer Every part of this amazing... coming full circle, staying around long enough to go full circle, paying tribute to the greats like Lightnin' Slim, the new album is doing so well and getting a great reception!!! There is no telling what this could set off leading to other things, other artists doing things, new fans.... more blues... more rock and roll... more good times!!!

This is a very very happy time for Stones land and me... I am freeking delighted!!

Date: December 4, 2016 22:51

.... Puttin' the spotlight back on all dem great bluesmen ....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 4, 2016 23:00

AND!!! This is just a warm up... an easy to make thing for Christmas sales and/or "lets do something". We have whole new brand new Stones songs album coming soon!!! I am pumped up!! And surely this success will motivate them to get busy!!

And as far as I am concerned... they could do annual blues release, just for fun, no writing or thinking needed, simply do more Blue and Lonesome type of stuff.
.... Puttin' the spotlight back on all dem great bluesmen .... Yeah smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-04 23:01 by HankM.

Date: December 4, 2016 23:09

..... And in one Charlie interview he said he loved the session because
if a certain song didn't work they just moved onto the next one ...

So what songs fell by the wayside ....???????? hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ROCKMAN

Date: December 4, 2016 23:23

..... And in one Charlie interview he said he loved the session because
if a certain song didn't work they just moved onto the next one ...

So what songs fell by the wayside ....???????? hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Pondering that question... my mind opens up a warehouse size possibilities...
[www.youtube.com] I am unworthy to even guess.

Which makes me say if I was Mick/Keef/Charlie, I would hire Rockman as a consultant for song suggestions for future Blues albums. Rockman knows them better than anyone on the planet... and he knows them by heart, by love, not from research... he just knows them... I know he knows them, cuz I have seen he knows them by what he has said for 20 years here... and I bet he would consult in exchange for beer and more blues albums.

And as long as I am on the subject... I would happy to consult on future videos. I would happily submit lists of possible leading ladies for Mick and then I could do the interviews and test videos... to see how they would do in the videos... and I would do this consulting in exchange for beer and stuff.

Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: December 4, 2016 23:24

Olly

That's why it's called jawbreaker(gobstopper).

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 4, 2016 23:31

Idorh
Olly

That's why it's called jawbreaker(gobstopper).

Cause you can never have enough hard candy...I keep a jar filled with lollipops and jolly ranchers at work. grinning smiley

Date: December 4, 2016 23:45

knows them, cuz I have seen he knows them by what he has said for 20 years here... and

hhhheeeaaaa.... Yeah Hankeee I have been workin for 'em for years but
they've never got around to payin' me .... HHHHaaaaaaaaaa ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 5, 2016 01:08

Well this really isn't about not being happy about everything in life, it is more a critical analysis of a band I love so much. Seems like its autopilot after a great album. I prefer the frist video. Just different tastes and perspectives. Alls good, the boys still rule! Coming out with this album is stunning. So much so, Mick Jagger is trying to downplay it in the interviews. He has that typical joyful Jagger contradictions that make him so compelling. He talks of the album with smiles and annimation, and then says he bored talking about it. Hilarous.

Visions of Johanna indeed. But wasn't it a donkey aka Get Yer Ya Yas Out.

Date: December 5, 2016 01:52

Rockman
knows them, cuz I have seen he knows them by what he has said for 20 years here... and

hhhheeeaaaa.... Yeah Hankeee I have been workin for 'em for years but
they've never got around to payin' me .... HHHHaaaaaaaaaa ...

Yeah Rockee, life is funny like that, here ya are working hard for years an years to pass along great info and not getting paid for it... and then there is Elvis who hasn't done a thing for 40 years and is still getting paid 20-50+ Million Dollars a year.

And did ya know Elvis just put out an album of his complete music from 1953-55? Ya can read all about here, on the best thread on IORR That is where I learned about it. I get a lot of cool info on that thread smoking smiley

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 5, 2016 02:55

Just so everyone knows, I wasn't complaining about the zebra. I had just seen the video for the first time, and felt like mentioning the zebra. Should people not mention zebras when they appear in music videos? I have no problem with that zebra, the placement of that zebra in the video, or zebras in general.

Where is the other video? I didn't even know there were two videos. I was saving all this for my own B&L moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-05 03:15 by Socrates1.

Date: December 5, 2016 03:14

whitem8
I prefer the frist video.

I'm being totally serious right now. I've been living in a B&L pre-release blackout. I've totally ignored all news about the album until I could hear the music myself. Maybe there's a zebra in the first video too....

Date: December 5, 2016 03:37

Socrates1

Where is the other video? I didn't even know there were two videos.

You mean the first video with the Zebras playing all the instruments and singing...
and then a big Zebra orgy at the end? You mean this one? [www.youtube.com]

Date: December 5, 2016 03:45

Just watched that one again... needs moar cow bell

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 5, 2016 03:45

authentic hollywood.
like one of those fussed over grand gourmet desserts.
everyone ooohs and aaahs at the glazing and color but it's just white sugar and bleached flour and nothings really there.
Like the models they hire to be fans for a filming or something....a symbol of a symbol and so on...i think it kind of almost sad in a way.
Jagger should stop micro-managing things and write with Keith.
That Country Honk from Ole is so cool; they both still really sound great working off of each other with out all the mega glaze...
how could Jagger be a film producer and end up w this. i'm guessing maybe the label paid for it...i don't know how it was jobbed out and so on....

i guess it's business. demographics and target audiences and all of that stuff.
A high fashion model the strip tease moves by a gas pump with her bev hills blouse taped to her boobies.
it's show biz i get it...not offended but not really something i'll archive or care about personally, to each their own....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-05 03:51 by hopkins.

Date: December 5, 2016 03:51

Cool, thanks. The only thing that would've made that one better is Kristen Stewart at a gas pump.

Date: December 5, 2016 04:01

Socrates1
Cool, thanks. The only thing that would've made that one better is Kristen Stewart at a gas pump.
And maybe a little less manic edits, they really packed in the edits.

Date: December 5, 2016 04:03

and... it could use moar cowbell... and more Zebras

Date: December 5, 2016 04:07

hopkins
That Country Honk from Ole is so cool; they both still really sound great working off of each other with out all the mega glaze...

I happened to just watch the 'Doom & Gloom' video after the 'Hate to See You Go' video that Hank M. just posted.

If the upcoming album, the one with new Jagger/Richrds material, could sound more like like "B&L" and that new 'Country Honk,' I think the Stones fans will rejoice.

What we don't want is the 'Doom & Gloom' sound. I always thought 'Doom & Gloom' was better live. But just listening to the studio version again, right after hearing 'Hate To See You Go,' makes me realize how perfect and organically-Stones the "B&L" sound really is. In comparison, 'Doom and Gloom' sounds like it was all recorded in pieces on a computer, with little drum pads and plastic guitars.

As far as the zebra argument goes, I don't get it. Again, should people not mention zebras as they suddenly appear?

Date: December 5, 2016 04:08

HankM
Socrates1
And maybe a little less manic edits, they really packed in the edits.

I rather enjoy manic-edits.

Date: December 5, 2016 04:10

I mean, who is really angry about the zebra? Certainly not me.

Date: December 5, 2016 04:12

Socrates1
As far as the zebra argument goes, I don't get it. Again, should people not mention zebras as they suddenly appear?

I guess it all depends on which website one is on and the rules there.
I am not sure about others sites but IORR Forum Help and Policy can be found here

Date: December 5, 2016 04:17

Are you being serious right now? Did people really complain that much about the zebra? Leave it to me to get in a fight about a zebra on the internet, and I don't even know what the fight is about... This is when I turn the computer off. Goodnight, everybody! Enjoy zebras as they randomly appear!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home