Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Roger Daltrey says ‘The Stones are the best rock n' roll band'
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 5, 2017 22:05

It couldn't hurt.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 5, 2017 22:14

yes, but does Roger agree with Pete that the Stones are a better 'band' than the Who.

Date: March 5, 2017 22:17

bmuseed
I was lucky enough! to hang out with all of them... Pete Townsend, Roger Daltry, Ray Davies, Who, Stones, Kinks, Beatles, Animals, Herman's Hermits.. and can only say....beauty is in the eye of the beholder --each one respected and envied the other..

If we used longevity as the judge. The Rolling Stones are still playing and touring..

yes i spend all afternoon with Roger, a little bit with Pete who was warm wicked and funny as hell; very taunting arrogant and engaging in a loving way; he was treating me like a knucklehead with a lot of affection though; i was loving it...i'd say thank you thank you after the show; i had full affess all day long as they loaded in; i helped with the load in and wasw around all day and night...
i'm not close like you were Ron but just a few hours before a killer show and then again for a bit afterwards in the cool down...he was totally straight; totally calm; not at all playing any kine or star or demanding any attention or fussing at all....just workmanlike downhomne, straight ahead, interesting aware...mellow actally; believe it not; totally unassuming and mellow. how did he strike you?

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: March 6, 2017 21:48

grouch

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: March 7, 2017 22:35

Jeez, bet you hate Journey too!

Date: March 11, 2017 15:13

MrMibbs
Jeez, bet you hate Journey too!

the only thing i take exception to in Journey would be the music. and the vocalist. well that's two things I guess.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-11 15:44 by hopkins.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 11, 2017 22:35

slew
I would agree that the Kinks are an under rated band. However in the pecking order:
4) Kinks
3) Who
2) Rolling Stones
1) Beatles

Its just the way it is anyone who puts the Stones ahead of the Beatles is a personal preference me being one of them.

They were all great in their own ways.

That's very British of you...winking smiley. I would put the Beach Boys and Creedence Clearwater far ahead of the Kinks...

Date: March 12, 2017 00:21

NOBODY is so far ahead of The Kinks.

...and not that matters, but I'm from the U.S. of A. a Muswell Hillbillyboy; every bit of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-12 00:24 by hopkins.

Date: March 12, 2017 02:30

well he oughta know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-12 07:07 by hopkins.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 12, 2017 03:08

hopkins
NOBODY is so far ahead of The Kinks.

I'll concede that...But on their best day the Kinks could never capture the feeling of sitting in a car, or on a beach, listening to California Girls or Good Vibrations, or a dozen of other '60'classics..."Sunny Afternoon' doesn't cut it. The Kinks are awesome, of course but the Beach Boys are somewhat under-rated...maybe because Mike Love is such an unlikable person....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-12 03:13 by palerider22.

Date: March 15, 2017 06:50

yes but as long as i gaze at waterloo sunset i am in paradise.

yes mike from the very beginning has the most smackable face in rock and roll. there oughta be lifetime achievement for that! cause there's ten tons of @#$%& in the rock and roll business but let's face it; he's untouchable. that kind of consistency is astoudning. you could sort of tell even in the earliest going; that miserable frug monkey move with that assine arrogant look on his face chewing gum. gosh i'd like to smack him around and i'm totally non violent. to a point. gosh, he's inspiring! i'm gettin' bugged walkin' up and down the same old strip i gotta find a new place where i can busts mike lip i get around round git around i git around awhoooooo whoooooo whooooooo awwwwooooooooo....

my buddies and me we're gettin' real well known
the bad guys knows us and they say i'm a clone i git aoround whoooo whooooo whoooo round round git around i get around...

we always take my car cuz it's never been beat
and we've never missed yet they smaack me down in the street i get around
wa wa ooh wa wa oooohhhhh

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home