Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Your highlights from shows 2012-2016 ?
Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: October 20, 2016 14:06

My personal highlight was the first o2 gig in 2012.
Never expected them to return to the stage. Furthermore it was the unique atmosphere of an opening show. No one knew what and how they are playing.

Second place was the special Waldbühne concert from the pit. Great gig, setlist, wonderful days in the city of Berlin and great weather.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: October 20, 2016 15:37

I regret that I haven't the chance to go to a Stones show since 2006. But it's been great to follow along and see them still in action since 2012. I loved seeing them open with I Wanna Be Your Man via youtube. It was great seeing Keith trying so hard to get back in shape after so many people had written him off. Hyde Park Live showed them still capable of turning in a very good performance; Glastonbury as well. And here they are in 2016 still out there. Good for them!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: October 20, 2016 20:45

Roskilde and Midnight Rambler was special. The longest Rambler ever and Mick Taylors last one (so far).
And Bobby's last solo on Brown Sugar

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 22, 2016 20:09

My highlight was Around and Around in 2012 first Newark show.

Lowlight? Bitch in San Jose 2013, horrible slow and pale version: video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: October 22, 2016 20:30

Going Down with John Mayer in NJ was awesome. Loved the three guitars all performing very different solos while the others maintained a train going down the tracks roar rhythm.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 22, 2016 20:33

2120Joe
Going Down with John Mayer in NJ was awesome. Loved the three guitars all performing very different solos while the others maintained a train going down the tracks roar rhythm.

True, Mayer farted out his cliche SRV licks, Ronnie did well and impressed me, and Keith managed to stay in key and all. thumbs up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 23, 2016 00:29

henrik87
My personal highlight was the first o2 gig in 2012.
Never expected them to return to the stage. Furthermore it was the unique atmosphere of an opening show. No one knew what and how they are playing.

Second place was the special Waldbühne concert from the pit. Great gig, setlist, wonderful days in the city of Berlin and great weather.

Yes, the first O2 was something special - the setlist that we all moan about these days was new, and sitting in the dark watching the choir assemble for the first ever time they did YCAGWYW like that was amazing. The second O2 (Lady Jane and Live With Me were my highlights there) confirmed that the first one hadn't been a fluke - they were really back.

Of the shows I saw, I remember Out of Control and Midnight Rambler on a dismal damp night in Werchter - not the world's greatest festival but the Stones were wonderful. Hyde Park was more about the atmosphere than any individual song - the band playing on through the sunset into a hot summer's night.

Since then it's all been about hunting YouTube videos and then Periscope links - I particularly remember the outstanding Can't You Hear Me Knockings on the US tour - but I have my fingers crossed that I can be there in person one more time...

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 23, 2016 01:26

Seeing "Memory Motel" in Boston 2013. Here is a video:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 23, 2016 01:42

THANK YOU STEVEROGAN for posting that video, you made my night! I was at that show, about 4 rows up from Mick, stage right. I have to agree with DRBRYANT, that was one of my highlights also, along with Mick Taylor joining them for Sway during the previous Boston show. ( June 12 & 14, 2013). Really incredible back to back shows and of course the reference to Boston in Memory Motel was a bonus! The crowd did go nuts when Keith sang the chorus!

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 23, 2016 02:34

smiling smiley it makes me smile to see Keef sing his part

Keef- She got a mind of her own, she uses it well

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 23, 2016 03:07

1. LONDON O2 first show 2012 (I Wanna Be Your Man opener)
2. LONDON Hyde Park second show 2013 (the first show was a disappointment to me)
3. BERLIN, Waldbuhne 2014. Getting in the pit last minute using an old trick.smileys with beer hot smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home