Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Predictions after the NA Mini-Tour
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 18, 2016 17:21

Sounds like Charlie and Charlie only is the secret of the Stones´ success.
No the point is, they would have became the world´s greatest RnR-band with any drummer. He was around at the right time and the right place. He wouldn´t had a career without Mick/Keith. Just like Ringo is the lucky guy who had the fortune of being the Beatles´ drummer.

His sound may be essential for the Stones - of course after playing almost 55 years. But it easily could have been another guy. I think Charlie knows that and that is the reason for his constant loyalty.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 18, 2016 17:27

No the Stones would never have reached the same success with a drummer like this:

Mick Jagger - Gimme Shelter - 03/15/87

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 18, 2016 17:58

I predict that the 2012-present run will end either 2017 or 2018.

However, if all the Stones are able, there will be a show or tour in 2022.

Then again, maybe 2022 will be the end - why stop in 2017 or 2018? They may play the odd festival or private show, even if it's just 3, 4, 5 performances a year between 2018 and 2022 to keep them ticking over until their 60th anniversary.

Another extended break like 2007-2012, or even more than a year off, would prove fatal I think. If they don't stop within the next two years, it will be either their 60th anniversary or death that draws an end to proceedings.

Olly.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 18, 2016 20:38

HMS
No the point is, they would have became the world´s greatest RnR-band with any drummer. He was around at the right time and the right place. He wouldn´t had a career without Mick/Keith. Just like Ringo is the lucky guy who had the fortune of being the Beatles´ drummer.

His sound may be essential for the Stones - of course after playing almost 55 years. But it easily could have been another guy. I think Charlie knows that and that is the reason for his constant loyalty.

*Oh HMS, you've never bothered me (like you do others) until this tripe about Charlie. I don't like to fight, so again, simply, rubbish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-18 20:53 by 35love.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 18, 2016 20:59

35love
HMS

*Oh HMS, you've never bothered me (like you do others) until this tripe about Charlie. I don't like to fight, so again, simply, rubbish.

Another notch on HMS's belt!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 18, 2016 21:29

Tripe?
I haven´t said anything negative, Charlie is a good and loyal soldier. He was taken from the bottom to the olymp of popular music by Mick & Keith. How could he not be thankful to be able to live the life he´s leading. All he can give in return is his loyalty and this is what he´s going to do until his very last breath. No way that he would ever tell Mick & Keith "I´m out". Even if he would be getting tired and bored of being a Rolling Stone he would remain loyal.

In interviews he several times said "It´s work. To me it´s work." Sounds like a man who´s doing his duty. Maybe he got sick and tired of being a Stone a long time ago but he would never ever quit, not even if his wife would ask him to quit.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 18, 2016 21:46

I predict that scientists will discover the key to reversing the aging process and the Stones will be 20 years old again and we can all look forward to many more decades of stones music and shows.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2016 23:38

I predict dementia so they will play "We Love You" in stead of "Satisfaction" winking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 18, 2016 23:57

HMS
Tripe?
I haven´t said anything negative, Charlie is a good and loyal soldier. He was taken from the bottom to the olymp of popular music by Mick & Keith. How could he not be thankful to be able to live the life he´s leading. All he can give in return is his loyalty and this is what he´s going to do until his very last breath. No way that he would ever tell Mick & Keith "I´m out". Even if he would be getting tired and bored of being a Rolling Stone he would remain loyal.

In interviews he several times said "It´s work. To me it´s work." Sounds like a man who´s doing his duty. Maybe he got sick and tired of being a Stone a long time ago but he would never ever quit, not even if his wife would ask him to quit.

*You're not really buying that 'I'm a shy, mortified by direct attention' guy act,
are you? He's a tiger underneath.
I've got nothing witty here to banter, but if you can't see
Charlie's bedrock mixing in the magic,
then you're tripe/tripping.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2016 00:49

I predict a series of blues covers albums.
It took them three days (?) to record this new one and so far the results sound good.
They could spit 'em out one every few months or so, make a few bucks in the process, and it would hardly be work at all.
Probably won't be seeing many more live shows in the US after this. Maybe none at all.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home