Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

rock on the radio
Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: August 31, 2005 06:42

I was at the gym this morning, and there was a rock radio station playing. And, I was thinking about how much I can't stand these newer rock bands. Groups like Nickelback and 3 Doors Down are just absolutely terrible. Who listens to crap like this? Oh, and I almost forgot about Linkin Park. That quite possibly is the absolute worst platimum selling band I've ever heard. Apparently people really want to hear the interplay between one bad rapping white guy and one screaming white guy over the same music for 12 straight songs.

Re: rock on the radio
Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: August 31, 2005 07:42

I totally agree, JF. There is no substance to any of the music from most of the current "rock" bands. There is no interplay between the instruments - everyone seems to be banging away on the same chord and always on the same beat. It always sounds like they came in the studio with one idea and just made a few variations to stretch it out to make an album. There definitely is very little variety to the music that is being produced these days. It's all so forgetable! I used to love being able to go to the record store on payday and coming out with a half-dozen new albums. Now I buy about a half-dozen albums per year. Of course, I was spoiled on the music of the 70's. It's an era of great creative music that will never be seen again, at least in my opinion. I'm sure a bunch of you guys out there enjoy some of the current bands, which is great for you because it gives you additional sources for new music. Sorry, it just doesn't electrify my tastebuds!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home