Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

On the street - Motown
Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: August 30, 2005 22:55

What are some of the prices that people are paying on the street for tickets before shows? Various threads have spoken to this...I'm going to Detroit tomorrow and am curious about prices. I don't want to pay over $50 for a ticket, and I will probably be sitting near the back...Thanks for any input!

Robert

Re: On the street - Motown
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 30, 2005 23:04

The brokers/scalpers will take a bath on this one.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 30, 2005 23:10

You'll have no problem. You won't even have to deal with a scalper. They'll be plenty of middle-aged yuppies waving extras. Print yourself a seating chart for quick reference and determine the max you're willing to go and stick to it. It's a buyers market even thought the show is now purportedly near sold out.

They may be coming down harder than usual on resellers (technically against the law regardless of loss/profit in Michigan) as the Clear Channel folks want to sell out their box office. Discretion is always a good idea.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 31, 2005 00:17

50 bucks should go along way in most of these markets. good luck!

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: September 1, 2005 09:05

For $50, 1 hour before Maroon 5 went on, I got a ticket in section 119...and had access to the entire lower deck walkway, so I could walk around and see the show from many angles....It looked 90% sold out too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home