Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Check out this Blues CD to prime for their new CD
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: October 7, 2016 02:29

[www.amazon.com]

Mick and Keith played on this Blues CD a while back on a few songs and they're great!

Re: Check out this Blues CD to prime for their new CD
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 7, 2016 04:09

Wow, is this an old recording. I think I have the original vinyl release of this. Excellent album for Chicago blues fans.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2016 04:22

There must be a mistake by giving 1970 as a date of release - guitarist Jeff Healey was four years old in 1970.

So I read through some reviews....

"But as a tribute to one of Chicago's greatest bluesmen (Rogers died in 1997 before this album's release), Blues Blues Blues is a great collection of songs. The idea of coupling an aging blues musician with superstar guests is nothing new. Chess Did it with its London Sessions series in the early Seventies, and John Lee Hooker has made a career out of it since releasing The Healer back in 1989. While this type of recording tends to be something of a mixed bag, Blues Blues Blues is an overall success.
Rogers is still in fine voice even into his seventies. And guest artists are top-notch. Guest vocalists (who share lead vocals with Rogers on all tracks) include Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger and Taj Mahal. Lead guitar is provided by Clapton, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page and Jeff Healey. Either Kim Wilson or Carey Bell plays harmonica on most tracks.
Whether the band is performing Rogers' originals like "That's All Right" and "Luedella," or classic blues songs like Waters' "Trouble No More" or Jimmy Reed's "Bright Lights Big City," they play with authority and conviction.
While the album was recorded as a celebration of Rogers' contribution to the blues, it serves as a fitting tribute. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED"

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 7, 2016 05:41

Jagger also did Everybody Knows About My Good Thing with Gary Moore & Band already, it's even been released on his solo Don't Tear Me Up CD single in 1993 - love this version dearly, hope the Stones version is as good as the solo version.

Plus he already performed Commit A Crime with Jeff Beck at the White House gig a couple of years ago.

So there's another two tracks out there that get you in the mood for the new album...

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 7, 2016 10:41

This album was released in 1997 and is highly recommended.
Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and others make an appearance on it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home