Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: B2B
Posted by: jss ()
Date: August 31, 2005 12:16

i've always liked the album myself, not really a bad tune on there...i was playing it one time and my nieces were over the house,they started dancing to flip the switch and too tight...these are girls that like green day, nelly, 50 cent, and blink 182...it was nice to see that the boys still put out a dancable beat to the teenage ears...i dance to it all the time, what the hell

Re: B2B
Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: August 31, 2005 23:22

"Bridges" is such a terrific and underappreciated album.

What are the terms Virgin used for "A Bigger Bang" in the press release? "Wide-ranging" and "ambitious?" Thus far, I'd have to say that they apply far more to "Bridges" than to what seems to me to be a wildly erratic new record.

Of course they'll never come up with anything that has the focus and intensity of "Beggar's Banquet." They're scattered all over the world and come together on a project-by-project basis. Instead, "Bridges" gives us the old pros dabbling in a range of styles and bringing new ideas into the concept of "The Rolling Stones."

"Flip The Switch" with its hints of the casbah; "Lowdown" with its sleazy grind, "Anybody Seen My Baby," "Gunface?" "You Don't Have To Mean It?."

Then, from "Out of Control" onward, the record is virtually flawless--right up to Wayne Shorter's soaring, graceful conclusion.

My jaw dropped when I heard these tracks. I didn't want another "Exile" because...I already own "Exile." I already own "Let It Bleed." They're perfect--why try to imitate them?

And God knows, I didn't want the lame, pandering retro grab bag of "Voodoo Lounge."

Eight years later, "Bridges" just sounds better and better. I hope we'll be able to say the same about "A Bigger Bang."

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1298
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home