Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Not so OT: any Peaky Blinders'fans?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 9, 2016 00:23

Arthur Shelby is my favorite character.
Eldest sibling with so many flaws he'll never lead the family. Quite biblical.
Not so OT... I just read Paul Anderson, who impersonates Arthur, is a former musican AND ticket scalper (I guess it's both being angel and devil, from IORR point of view).
And... These folks are English gypsies who had been living on boats, according to the serie, so it sort of conjures Ronnie Wood's roots.

Re: Not so OT: any Peaky Blinders'fans?
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 9, 2016 00:43

Ron Wood has Romany roots? He does have sort of Gypsy features. Interesting. Started to watch Peaky Blinders on Netflix than got away from it about two-thirds of the way through first season for some reason. Is it worth going back to watch it again?

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: September 9, 2016 04:21

I like the show. I just caught up on the latest season.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 9, 2016 08:16

Great script, great cast, great direction, great soundtrack. Peaky Blinders and Ripper Street are my two current favourite shows.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 9, 2016 09:21

I devoured the first two seasons and then waited forever for the third. I think there's only 5 or 6 episodes. I watched the first and now I'll take my time watching the others. There's also NARCOS 2nd season to watch.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: September 9, 2016 17:00

Yes I really enjoy it. Being a Brummie it's in my genes!

It's very powerful, well written and the individual members of the Shelby family are the kind of evil characters that you really buy in to.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 9, 2016 17:31

I tried to watch one of the 1st episodes but the MTV-style editing (chop chop chop) and the comicbook "depth" of the characters repelled me to the max. What's the point in designing an ambitious TV show to the 13-18 yo crowd only?

And overall the show had a fake/BS/overacted feel to it that left me cold. Maybe it was just because I just was getting off the masterful "Breaking Bad" show where directing and acting were extremely understated (which made them all the more powerful).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 9, 2016 17:44

dcba
I tried to watch one of the 1st episodes but the MTV-style editing (chop chop chop) and the comicbook "depth" of the characters repelled me to the max. What's the point in designing an ambitious TV show to the 13-18 yo crowd only?

And overall the show had a fake/BS/overacted feel to it that left me cold. Maybe it was just because I just was getting off the masterful "Breaking Bad" show where directing and acting were extremely understated (which made them all the more powerful).

Nothing more understated than Jessie, "Huh, Bitch!" (In character, nothing personal intended). (cheers)

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: September 9, 2016 23:51

Agree 100 per cent. One of the best drama series shown in UK for many years.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 10, 2016 00:33

Being a Brummie I really enjoyed the series.

I would say the second series was better than the first one.

Slightly disappointed with the last series thou, but well worth watching imho.

Date: September 10, 2016 02:02

dcba

I also like Breaking Bad, but to describe any part of it as "understated" is laughable.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 10, 2016 02:16

Do I need to turn on subtitles go be able to watch this? smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-11 03:02 by Koen.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: September 11, 2016 03:02

Loving it here. Ready to start watching the latest season.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 11, 2016 11:40

strat72

I also like Breaking Bad, but to describe any part of it as "understated" is laughable.

It is : Cranston's acting was so restrained it was outstanding. Okay the plot was OTT but the way the story wa told was not. To put it simply (so you can understand) BB was not "24 hours". smoking smiley
And the general understated atmosphere around BB probbaly explains why Cranston managed to move to the big screen so easily. Most TV actors can't make the "big jump" cause their style of acting (extremely heavy) doesn't meet what a film director might demand.

Date: September 11, 2016 17:13

dmay
Ron Wood has Romany roots? He does have sort of Gypsy features. Interesting. Started to watch Peaky Blinders on Netflix than got away from it about two-thirds of the way through first season for some reason. Is it worth going back to watch it again?

[onevodrom.blogspot.com.es]

Date: September 11, 2016 17:19

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 03:48

Loved Tom Hardy in it. Thought it fell off a cliff with the 3rd series/ season. That wedding was "silly."

Date: September 12, 2016 05:06

dcba
strat72

It is : Cranston's acting was so restrained it was outstanding. Okay the plot was OTT but the way the story wa told was not. To put it simply (so you can understand) BB was not "24 hours". smoking smiley
And the general understated atmosphere around BB probbaly explains why Cranston managed to move to the big screen so easily. Most TV actors can't make the "big jump" cause their style of acting (extremely heavy) doesn't meet what a film director might demand.

I'll put this simply....... Your talking out of your arse!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home