Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Stones Cuba Documentary
Date: August 3, 2016 02:46

Sorry if this was already posted, but there seems to be a new documentary chronicling the 2016 Ole! tour, which is set to debut at the Toronto International Film. (Source)

RollingStones.com
STONES’ CUBAN DOCUMENTARY TO PREMIERE AT THE TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
It was announced earlier this week that The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé!: A Trip Across Latin America will have its world premiere at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival, which runs from September 8 – 18.

Directed by Paul Dugdale, the film follows the band’s recent América Latina Olé tour, which culminated with a historic free gig in Havana, Cuba. This was the first time the band had played in Cuba so there were a few logistical issues to sort through. In the end, the band played a triumphant show to 1.2 million adoring fans. Watch this space for more news on the film.

So far, it seems that that's all the information for now... Maybe we can look forward to a two-disc release of the Havana Moon concert film bundled with this in late 2016/early 2017.

Re: New Stones Cuba Documentary
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 3, 2016 03:10

Two different movies: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 3, 2016 04:10

Honestly cant be said too many times... THIS IS THE TYPE OF NEWS I LOVE!! smileys with beer
drinking smiley
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
hot smiley

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 3, 2016 04:19

The Stones are smartly sagely wisely creating all the permanent records and documentation and sounds and sights... so 100 years from now there will be no debating which band is/was TGRNRBIH!!!

And it has been and still is my pleasure to be here to see as it is still happening

Kids in the future will say things like... "I would give 1/2 my life's earning to be able to go back in time and see THE ROLLING STONES live in person" and say things like "I bet the spoiled people were there dont know how lucky they were".

All I can say is at least one person knows how lucky he was/is to be seeing it live... ME smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-03 04:21 by jambay.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 3, 2016 05:24

Do the Stones documentaries, live albums, books, compilation albums and museum exhibitions now outnumber their original studio albums? Beats workin'.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 3, 2016 12:47

Title5Take1
Do the Stones documentaries, live albums, books, compilation albums and museum exhibitions now outnumber their original studio albums? Beats workin'.

Yep...by a large margin I'd suspect.

That said, in an age when live performance is once again the only real bread & butter for established music acts...it's inevitable that packaging and marketing those live peformances has become a much easier option than recording new music which will generate comparibly little pubilicy & revenue.

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: August 3, 2016 15:06

Wonder when they will complete the DVD of Sticky Fingers at The Fonda Theatre from May 2015?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 3, 2016 17:40

Spud
Title5Take1

Yep...by a large margin I'd suspect.

That said, in an age when live performance is once again the only real bread & butter for established music acts...it's inevitable that packaging and marketing those live peformances has become a much easier option than recording new music which will generate comparibly little pubilicy & revenue.

Well not totally true.
Music publishing reaps huge amounts of dosh for some composers.
And for visionaries like Andrew Oldham who get a share of the income in perpetuity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home