Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stoned in Hartford
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 27, 2005 18:44

EVERYBODY TELL ME ,,, hey hey, u got me rockin now ,,Great show ,,Stones r Rollin Again , For Sure ,,my 26th time since 72 & they still numb me after a show,,,Had Onstage tics for this puppy & I got 2 the very small stadium about 5:30 & the Onstage bar did not open til 6:30 ,,so i went shoppin,,keychains & Best ever Program,,so then i go by the gates where i can c the stage & screen & @ 6:17 the stones kick off All down line ,Stand up, mis u ,,& honky,, i did not hear R.tuesday thou,,love those soundchecks,,as far as Real show highlights ,,SMU great version, nice & slow,what a view i had when keith ist hit those notes,,then the fire,,,i was right above keith ,so this was the best "side view" i ever had of him & charlie,,Biggest crowd pleaser, Satisfaction,keiths solo ripped right thru ya,,the B- Stage for this show went out almost to the back of the stadium ,so those fans in the rear went extremely nuts during that set,,,,Stand Up,,very well done,,especially towards the end,,,,Ruby tuesday nothin new there,,all the warhorses sorta the same arrangments 2 me ,,J.Flash on the opening line ,,mick sings it in a totally different way,,My MVP for this show is a tie ,Keith & Charlie,, another big highlight was the ovation the stones got when they took their bow,,Very Loud,,,oh every1 onstage got a stones guitar pic ,,did onstage boston get those ,dont no

Re: Stoned in Hartford
Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: August 27, 2005 23:21

Hey Chippy,

Not real sure of "day of the show" protocol, but do the boys typically do a sound check on the day of the show (for every show) and I'm assuming the answer is yes, can you throw out a guess as to what time of the day (5hours, 4hours, etc. before) it occurs?

Thanks for any wisdom from Chippy or anyone who has knowkedge.

Date: August 28, 2005 00:19

i would say they typically do a S-check,,yesterdays started @ around 6:17 with a 8:00 start of show,,them S- check times varry from city to city,,1 time in 94 @ Giants Stad they did a S-check about 5:00 Pm with an 8:00 pm start,,in 89 in philly @ Vet Stad,,they did a s-check about 1:30 pm with a 8:00 pm start of show,,thats the 3 that ive seen,,,so i guess its a tough call,,they r very cool thou,,if the stadium has a spot that u can c the stage or the screen,,,yesterday we were able 2 c both the stage & the screen,,, so i saw the greatest do All down the line twice in 4 hrs time,,,incredible & lucky

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 28, 2005 03:17

So chippy, which box were you in and was it upper or lower and which in your opinion is the best box to be in? I've got on stage tic for the Giants Stadium. Thanks. Sarah

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 28, 2005 03:39

THIS WAS AN AWESOME SHOWN, SEEN FROM SECTION A ROW 10. INCREDIBLE! Crowd very pumped, sang along with most songs, LOUD AND CLEAR! Highlights for me : RUBY TUESDAY, done with a very convincing vocal by MICK, perfectly enunciated, just like the 60's version with Keith playing alongside Mick on acoutic 6 string. Keith did a great job, plus sang harmonies! NOTHING NEW??????? I dare say, this freshened up this classic just fine! Other great moments, GET UP, STAND UP with pictures of Marley on the screen: ALL DOWN THE LINE smoked! Best I've heard in years! ROUGH JUSTICE and ONNYA are really shaping up well, they sound better every time I hear them. I was sorry to NOT HEAR the Ray Charles tribute, NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME and BACK OF MY HAND but the substitutions were appreciated and the show went extremely well!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2005 03:51

Glad you folks enjoyed it

Debra - where have you been, my little hayseed??

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 28, 2005 04:15

Enjoy every show, lucky bastards!!!

(AAhhhh... I am in Europe. I can't wait...)

Date: August 28, 2005 10:06

Sara i was in box 1 lower,,,the 4 rock gods i saw perfect,,especially Keith & charlie ,,it was great for all of keith's foot work he does & jammin with charlie,,,but lisa & bernard was tuff 2 c,,,,i cant tel ya which box is the best ,,once i got my spot i didn't move,,,sorry

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: August 28, 2005 16:42

They did indeed to Ruby Tuesday also in the sound check. I don't know how Chippy could have missed it. It was right in the middle. The soundcheck probably was to occur a half hour earlier, but Keith left the stadium for some reason at 5:30. I saw him get in a van and leave. He was back in time for the 6:20 sound check, but the gates opened a half hour later than previously announced they would open, because of the late start for the souncheck. At the Licks stadium show in Boston the sound check was around 4:30 for an 8:00 start. There were two sound checks in Hartford friday night. The first one happened around 4:30 (I may not remember the time exactly), and consisted of two instrumental songs on the moving stage while the moving stage went out and back. I saw a glimpse of a guitarist and the stage moving from my position outside the gates. I assume that this soundcheck was performed by the crew, and not the Stones.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 28, 2005 17:53

Keith as homeboy knows where to cop in Hartford

Date: August 28, 2005 18:06

hey BOBM were was ya,,for that 2nd s-check i was in i beleive the only spot where u could c the stage & screen,,it was about 200 ft.2 the left of that big white tent for the onstagers,,,,,were the line formed to enter stadium ,,,right after they did Down the line & Get Up,,they paused a bit so i took camera & stuff back 2 car ,,that's when i missed r. tues,,,,there was only me & this other guy actually watchin the stones & he said he doesn't go to any stones sites online,, i had a voodoo lounge tour mulitple tongue shirt on,with blue pants & sunglasses,,, i saw all the shoodobee crew in the lot ,,they only listened 2 the s-check ,,,,where was keith leavin & enterin the stadium,,,was it 2 the rear of the stad..furthest from the stage,i may hav just missed him comin back in @ about 6,,,,were were u sittin @ the show & how ya like it,,,down the line was a joy to c huh,,,

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 28, 2005 20:44

Hey GAZZA, my buddy! I've been busy getting my plans in order for this tour! I went to both Fenway shows, WHAT A GAS, and on to Hartford, now I'll rest until Sept 17, the Albany show, then on to two other arena shows in Philly! What about you? What other shows are you going to? I loved this Hartford set list because I've always enjoyed RUBY TUESDAY and it was heartwarming to hear the volume of this crowd, singing along with Mick! I had goose bumps! Loved ALL DOWN THE LINE, GET UP, STAND UP, and felt the energy surge from the crowd. Fill me in Gazza dear!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 30, 2005 15:08

sorry..didnt see this until now

I'll be at the New York show(s) in January - thats my only US trip..wasnt gonna bother, but thought why the hell not, its a great city, good venue, I get to see my friends again plus its an arena show (and the flight was only £200!! Cheaper than most of the tickets for the concerts! )- then I'll do a few in Europe of course (I dont want to do TOOmany stadium shows but I suppose most of them will be outdoors again..)

Good to see a few varieties in the setlist in Hartford. Glad you enjoyed it. Think the stadium shows so far have been too predictable setlist wise and with too much emphasis on old hits as opposed to great album tracks, but its good to see theyre playing new stuff too (they should do..the whole album is tailor made for live performance)- and the bottom line is that its the opinion of the people who have paid to see the shows that count, not those of us sitting at computer screens. That said, those stadium setlists so far dont really entice me into seeing a lot of shows in those kind of venues.

I've heard both Fenway shows and hope to have Ottawa by this time tomorrow and they seem in good form so far. The cover of "Night Time" is glorious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home