Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tonight's Setlist 8-26-05
Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: August 27, 2005 02:21

Do you guys think tonight will be closely similar to Boston? I hope they mix it up a bit and put in some more new songs. They've got 16 new songs coming out, they can't just limit us to just 4, although maybe they are waiting until the album comes out to add more new songs so people are more familiar. I'm hoping they add in Sway, Hang Fire and Streets of Love. They supposedly practiced them, so maybe tonight we'll get to hear their debutsmiling smiley.

Re: Tonight's Setlist 8-26-05
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 27, 2005 02:23

I can do with out Hang Fire and I certainly wouldn't be upset if they didn't play Streets of Love.

SWAY! YES!!!!!

I think they should concentrate on playing songs they NEVER played live before!

Drop the warhorses!

Add the rare stuff!!!!!!!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: August 27, 2005 02:36

Again, dont judge what they play, but HOW they play...who are we to tell the Stones how to arrange the set...

JR

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 27, 2005 02:47

So how many "Brown Sugar's" or "It's Only Rock'N' Roll"

no matter how well done can we listen to?

It's really redundant now!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 27, 2005 02:48

JR,

Hmmmmm.............we are the fans who have bought all the albums and been to numerous shows before, that's who.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-27 03:22 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: August 27, 2005 04:06

hang fire yuk

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 27, 2005 04:29

You really anticipate a STADIUM show without Brown Sugar in it Marshall (and others)?

Check your research. Since Altamont how many shows do you think they have played WITHOUT Brown Sugar in the setlist?

In 1975 how many obscure/first time songs did they do in their set that weren't from their latest album? Any deep cuts from "Let it Bleed" or "Beggar's" No "Aftermath" gems??

In 1978 how many obscure/first time songs did they do that weren't from their latest album?

In 2002-2003 how many obscure/first-time songs did they play on their STADIUM shows??

You've heard two setlists and everyone is slagging this tour?

Sell your tickets to any stadium shows folks 'cause you aren't going to get much more out of them.

And, as my cohorts already know, I think the Stones' choice of covering "Get Up, Stand Up" is a miserable indication of them bowing to the lowest common denominator in their audiences. The equivalent of picking "Johnny B. Goode" as a Chuck Berry cover.

And a rehearsal of Ruby Tuesday leaves me pretty flat too. Zzzzzzzzz.

J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home