Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tour or Box set??
Posted by: roundhay ()
Date: August 26, 2005 21:22

Having followed the Stones for more years than I care to mention, and spent a fortune on seeing them live and collecting, at times rather iffy "boots" I think I've got to the point where I'd rather splash out on a boxed set of all those lost tapes..missing shows etc etc, rather than see them live again.
I've seen other bands bring together the threads of their past to the delight of fans old and new.
So, what would you like to see in there??
For a start for me the original Ya Ya's album

Re: Tour or Box set??
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 26, 2005 21:31

Rather than a huge mega-money box set, I'd like to see them do a series, something like The Grateful Dead's "Dick's Picks". An entire concert, re-mixed/mastered whatever, released about every six months. Christmas-time you get a Steel Wheels show. Summer you get a 76 show. Christmas you get a 71 show. Summer you get a 99 show. And so on.

Karl

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: August 26, 2005 21:45

A la the Dylan "Bootleg Series..."

THE COMPLETE EL MOCAMBO TAPES, 1977

or...

UNIVERITY OF LEEDS, 1971

or...

CAPITOL THEATRE, PORT CHESTER, NY 1997

or...

THE "LOST" 1972 CONCERT ALBUM

Can't type...drooling...

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: August 26, 2005 21:54

Yes great Ideas, I do not understand Stones filosofi on this it can only be amoney maker which should be enough for them and Im sure they would out sell Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan?

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 26, 2005 22:06

I think they must believe that issuing career retrospectives is appropriate only when your career is done. In other words, as long as they are touring and releasing new material, no need to bring out the old stuff.

Going to be Mick and Keith's "retirement fund" I suppose. :-)

Karl

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 26, 2005 22:13

BersaGurra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes great Ideas, I do not understand Stones
> filosofi on this it can only be amoney maker which
> should be enough for them and Im sure they would
> out sell Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan?

The Stones have never outsold Led Zeppelin and never will.

I'm not so sure a boxed set of outtakes is the holy grail its often cracked up to be. from what is in circulation, there isnt a lot of unreleased songs that scream at you "this should have been released". Like the Beatles but unlike Dylan or Springsteen, theyve generally released the best material from each session that they had.

I think that during the last few years they missed an opportunity when the band were creatively inactive to put out such a release. I dont think the vaults will be opened like that (and the same applies to the live shows) while they're still a working band.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 26, 2005 22:29

I'd be a lot more interested in outtakes than the live stuff.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: August 27, 2005 02:06

I´d like to have a exellent official versions of the Roseland Ballroom 02 show and the
Orpheum Theater 02 shows.. and maybe Sheperds Bush 99.. That is three fantastic setlists.

Has anyone got exellent bootlegs of those?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 27, 2005 04:08

NOW is the time for them to release stuff in the vaults!!!

What are they waiting for??

In a few more years their original fans will be on a "fixed income."

Right now, I've got the money to buy it.

In another 20 years I might have to decide between buying that or food/medicine!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home