Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman cameo
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 26, 2005 19:04

Wondering if they'll ever have Bill sit in with the band again - would be nice to see. Maybe at Wembley next year since he won't have to fly. Anyone know if he stays in touch with the band?

Re: Bill Wyman cameo
Posted by: tattoome ()
Date: August 26, 2005 19:06

keith hate him
because he did leave the band

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 26, 2005 19:06

I think he calls from time to time to tell them about his bank account and how many more women he scewed, if they didn't catch it the first billion times around!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: August 26, 2005 19:59

He'll guest when Mick Taylor guest's... which is never.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 26, 2005 20:25

we've been hearing this "Bill cameo" thing for every Stones London appearances since he left the band. It didnt happen in 95, 99 or '03 so I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for it in 2006

Taylor WAS supposed to play at the Astoria in 2003 but blew it.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 26, 2005 20:30

Who blew it: MT or KR?

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 26, 2005 20:41

Gazza,

Taylor said that he wasn't even asked. (From a personal conversation I had with him).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-26 22:02 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: intv7 ()
Date: August 26, 2005 20:55

Didn't Taylor sit in for a few tunes in '81 or '82?

Date: August 26, 2005 22:08

he sat in in Kansas City in December 81

FSW - thats another take on it. Taylor was at the show and also at the Stones hotel. Where the problem arose depends on what story you believe but he was supposed to have been at the soundcheck and didnt make it. The setlist for the show that evening was changed late in the afternoon and an extra warhorse added instead of the song he was supposed to have guested on (my memory escapes me as to what song it was..maybe someone else can remember)

I met him a few months ago as well when he played with Mayall in Belfast. I felt it a bit inappropriate to ask him what went wrong..lol

Date: August 26, 2005 22:21

Well I saw him after a Mayall gig and did ask him. He said he was never asked. I feel a bit disloyal in revealing the content of a personal (and private) conversation. But there has been so much rumour going on that I feel it importnt that this matter is laid to rest. Taylor got his VIP tickets (in the usual waya) on the afternoon of the gig. And he was in the balcony area in the evening. I don't believe he was lying when he said he wasn't asked.

I suppose he might have said that he would be available if he was asked. It may be that Mick or someone had created a one-song slot for him but that others vetoed the idea. That may be the reason why he wasn't asked. (All of that is pure speculation btw). But he said he wasn't asked to play at the gig.

Did you see his 100 Club gig the next day?

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: August 26, 2005 22:34

had he been asked he'd have been on stage, period, end of story.

i think the reason the boy's dont invite ex-members back is that they don't want to provide ammunition for those that consider them a nostagia act, rather than a forward-moving rock group. taylor and wyman are yesterday's news.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 26, 2005 22:46

Well, MT guested on Kansas, 81. That's about 6 years later. Bill could do it. It could happen. But it's quite unlikely. But it's possible.

Date: August 26, 2005 22:46

I wonder if Bill wants to play with them at all? he seems to have the attitude of "been there, done that thank you"..

Date: August 26, 2005 22:49

Four Stone Walls Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you see his 100 Club gig the next day?

I did indeed, yes. It was quite a busy week in London! Hard to believe it was all two years ago now

Date: August 26, 2005 23:42

Gazza,

There's a boot of that show. I think its wonderful. I hadn't seen him at all before. I went on a whim. But I witnessed such feedom of expression - which I did not witness the night before. (I did enjoy the night before btw AND especially the one after).

I will avoid the usual comparisons. But more than just the virtuosity, it made me miss the warm and mellow tones that he once graced to the 'Best R&R BINW'.

Back to Bill.

He said on the last tour (newspaper interviews) that he would play on a show, if asked. Presumably he wasn't asked. he attended one of the Wembley gigs.

Date: August 26, 2005 23:51

yow! so much for my theory... thanks, FSW!
DR

Date: August 27, 2005 00:02

they should make up. i can imagine Bill was fed up with the stones, and said @#$%& you in 1990. i think keith would be the kind of guy that would get angry about that.

Date: August 27, 2005 00:08

I have the taylor show OK...a version of it is also currently available on dimeadozen

Date: August 27, 2005 00:10

Gazza Wrote:
> I have the taylor show OK...a version of it is
> also currently available on dimeadozen

i've got it too. you don't hear much taylor..

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: August 27, 2005 00:37

If they wanted a guest appearance by MT or Bill, they woud have done it in 2002. Anniversary tour is always a good possibility to guest all the people who once were part of the game, and still are alive. They haven't done it, so I'm quite sure it really never gonna happen. Of course it would be the best thing to hear the 1973 line-up again.

Date: August 27, 2005 03:20

Reptile,

You have to be effing joking!

The copy I have was a Japanes boot and is of best quality ever. You cannot help hearing MT. You also hear some superb keyboards and a second guitar (lower in mix). Btw, the thing goes a bit strange toawrads the end (CYHMK I think) when the Dutch warm-up singer comes on and adds some 'vocals'. Still, goes to show it was a Real Live show!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: August 27, 2005 03:48

I don't don't if I buy the theory that Keith hates Bill. Perhaps he does, but this past June in L.A., I had Keith sign Bill's Rolling With the Stones book, which was already signed by Bill. In handing it to him, I mentioned it was signed by Bill. he seemed to think that was cool and in signing it he wrote "Love, Keith Richards '05" as opposed to just signing his name on the albums that he signed for me.

I've seen some stars refuse to sign certain items due to those items being connected to former colleagues that they now hate, but Keith showed quite the opposite with me. If he does hate Bill, then it shows just how classy Keith is with fans in signing Bills book for me.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 27, 2005 14:02

Gazza

Is the MT 100 Club my recording? If so and some one from Japan is selling it I hope you rot in hell. I didn't record it so some one could make money. Some one put it out for free now please.

Date: August 27, 2005 16:07

I hope the "you rot in hell" remark isnt aimed at me, so I'm not sure what you mean by your post

I dont know if the version on dimeadozen (which is offered for free as its a bit torrent site) is your version or not. I doubt it. It wasnt me who offered it anyway and I havent downloaded it as I already have a copy and dont need a different one.

I mentioned the fact that it was on DAD so people could be aware how to get a copy for free

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 27, 2005 16:48

Bill would seem anxious if he joined them onstage and this would just be a ridicolous nostaliga act and Mick will never let that happen. Their strength is probably this - they stick together and they are all that really matters with an exception for Charlie. Ronnie is there for the live-lineup thats all.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 30, 2005 14:04

Whoops, I did not mean for this to look like I think Gazza was involved in bootlegging or making money, sorry.

As far as I know there was one other tape recorder in that night and the recording didn't come out well.

Date: August 30, 2005 15:22

GR,

The person who sold me the 100 Club bootleg said it came from a contact in Japan.

Anyway, it has some artwork with it and I'll do a link to it for you later.
Did yours have artwork with it?

Posted by: salar ()
Date: August 30, 2005 15:34

as far as I know Wyman has been asked before VL and before Babylon to join the Stones on tour...but he refused.
Dont know exactly if he was invited for the licks tour as well, but all in all he had several oppurtunitys to rejoin the Stones after leaving in 91.

Date: August 30, 2005 15:42

The GR Wrote:
> Whoops, I did not mean for this to look like I
> think Gazza was involved in bootlegging or making
> money, sorry.
>
> As far as I know there was one other tape recorder
> in that night and the recording didn't come out
> well.

thank Christ for that, mate...my reputation might be bad but its not THAT bad..lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home