Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glasgow and Dublin (London)
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 26, 2005 12:59

About rumoured Hampden Park in Glasgow;
Croke Park Stadium in Dublin;
as well as Wembley:

How do these gigs use to relate to each other.
Is it possible to make a reasonable prediction
or prognosis over which one of those will be first,
and last, respectively... ?

I just have got the impression the Northern European "leg"
as well as more Central European dates will be in 2nd half June
and July. Does it mean these W/N-W parts will be visited in May or
early June? What do you think? Any hot info from promotors etc?

What we d o know is that the Portugal-gig would be in May, right?

Re: Glasgow and Dublin (London)
Posted by: StonesLicks2002 ()
Date: August 26, 2005 13:24

The European Opening night will be in June, not May, according with the latest info from Portugal.

Many rumours about the Spanish tour are circulating this days. Five cities are interested and they're just talking with the Stones managers.

Time will tell.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 26, 2005 13:27

Oh, did I miss something here? Did they announce the European dates or tour start?

Posted by: StonesLicks2002 ()
Date: August 26, 2005 13:42

European dates will be announced as usual in November or December, I guess.

The info is talking about the negociations. Here in Spain a couple of promotors want to put a Stones show in their area, but the negociations not always ends with a confirmed date.

Date: August 26, 2005 14:00

My starting point is Bjornulf´s rumoured dates.
Sofar he has been very accurate.
Sort of devoted guy, this bv. He´s now in Hartford,
as I got it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 26, 2005 16:02

I would honestly be surprised if the GAA (who own Croke Park) would allow the Stones to use their stadium....letting an Irish band like U2 use it is a different thing entirely.

Its only within the last few months theyve finally consented to the use of their stadium for 'foreign' (ie, English) sports - (they did so because the stadium thats used for football and rugby (Lansdowne Road) will be unavailable for a few years due to redevelopment, yet dug their heels in due to 'tradition' and despite a lot of pressure it took a lot of hassle to get them to even agree to that)

Now they've allowed the stadium to be used for other sports maybe they'll see the potential financial windfall that can be made in having it let out for other 'non-Irish' events but I wouldnt be as sure of that as some people seem to be.

Date: August 26, 2005 16:16

Thank you, Gaz.
I´m not sure at all either, just quoting Bjornulf,
who by definition has written "Rumoured" all over it.
Of course; as there are months till we ´ll know for sure.

But, being a native, what do you think about the dates...
Taking a qualified guess, out off earlies tours?
- Are we talking early June, mid-June... ?

Date: August 26, 2005 17:11

I think they're keen to be the first act to play at Wembley - in that case, theyd probably want to play there in June before anyone else gets the chance to do so before them. The stadium wont be available on weekends for non-football events until after the end of May, so it wont happen that early

I honestly think its all way too early to speculate. The Stones' promoters have probably already sounded out possible dates, venues and cities but I do think the World Cup will be a factor, and we wont know who's qualified for that until october/November in some cases and wont know when the first round of games are until early December. They wont want to play a game in England, for example, if England are playing a WC game that same night.

If their promoters have any sense, they'll be very careful about where (and on what dates!) they schedule the shows during June.

I do think most of the UK shows will take place later in the tour (ie, August or so) with maybe Wembley towards the beginning. Maverick talked about them playing Wembley early in the tour (to make sure they're the first band to play there) and maybe again at the end of it. Whilst I take a lot of the other stuff he comes out with a huge grain of salt, that one actually sounds practical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-26 17:17 by Gazza.

Date: August 26, 2005 17:14

I also dont think the tour will start prior to June

Now that they have added more US shows which will take them up to mid March, that only leaves late March for Japan and then Australia/NZ to follow

They'd want at least a month/6 weeks off before Europe, so I cant see the European leg starting in May

as well as the World Cup, regional differences are also a factor. Cant imagine them playing Paris in August for example as the city seems to be quieter at that time with many locals going on holiday...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-26 17:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 26, 2005 19:25

U2 played in Paris this August and it was a packed Stade de France...

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 26, 2005 19:41

U2 played two SDF in july and the shows for the Stones in France (Paris and Marseille) are expected between 1st and 15th july.

Date: August 26, 2005 20:23

marquess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> U2 played in Paris this August and it was a packed
> Stade de France...

no they didnt. They played there on the 9th and 10th of July and played Nice on 5th of August.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home