Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sir Charlie Watts ??
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 8, 2016 08:08

strat72
Turner68
strat72
DandelionPowderman
Not sure if he would accept it..

Yes Charlie would accept it..... I think your getting him confused with Keith, who says he wouldn't, but is unlikely to be offered it anyway!

i don't think you understand how this works. they would never offer it to someone who would reject it. they ask through back channels before hand.

On the contrary Turner68, it is you that doesn't understand how it works. Lots of people have rejected honours.

Stephen Hawking, David Bowie, Peter O'Toole, or more recently last years Oscar winner Mark Rylance all turned down knighthoods. I think even Churchill refused a dukedom!

Hang on! Turner68 is right. Nominees are informed beforehand about the suggestion (and there's a LOT of vetting), so it's at that stage (back channels) that they decline. ie They decline before it's made public.

It's Jolly Poor Form to allow it to be announced and to then decline it. Brenda would not be amused to say the least!!

Believe me. My oldest friend told me exactly what was going on when he got his 'K'. smiling smiley

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: June 8, 2016 21:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 21:02 by jambay.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 8, 2016 23:57

There you have him. Sir Charles in armour. But wasn't it Jesus who rode a donkey? I'm sure Charlie is nighted every evening by the way.

Date: June 9, 2016 00:08

It seems to me that his wife, his daughter, playing drums and clothing summarize his only interests in life. Any other topic, issues in life lacks of the least interest/incentive to him (knighthood included).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 9, 2016 00:14

Yes. But you forgot collecting Arab Stallions, Civil War memorabilia and luxury cars (which he can't drive). And, I'm sure, a few other things we aren't aware of.

Date: June 9, 2016 00:27

Ok...
But...horses, cars..in the end might be linked to his wife.

Date: June 9, 2016 01:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 21:02 by jambay.

Date: June 9, 2016 01:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 20:34 by jambay.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 11, 2016 01:23

The accounts of how the Astronaut currently in orbit on the Space Station was told about the possible CMG include...

Since no one has previously been in orbit when they were given an award, Sir Simon McDonald, permanent under-secretary at the Foreign Office, asked the European Space Agency to set up a special phone line to the International Space Station to ask the astronaut if he would accept it.

Confirming that that's how it's done.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 02:52

jambay
Maybe if they included a full suit of shiny armour and a Knight's steed (a fine Arabian Charger) then maybe Charlie would jump at the chance to be nighted.

Ha ha - I know that spot very well. That was tsken in 1969 or 1970 on the completed but not yet open M6 motorway in Birmingham. It's a bit the worse for wear now though. A short film clip of this appears at the beginning of the Altamont Film, Gimme Shelter. Our resident Brummie, Odeon73 will know this spot even better thumbs up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 11, 2016 03:08

It's not going to be Sir Charlie but Sir Rod Stewart.

Date: June 11, 2016 06:54

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 20:35 by jambay.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home