Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones music featured in "a bigger splash"
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2016 16:54

This is a new movie just out in theaters in the US

Tilda Swinton is a rock singer and Ralph Fiennes a music produce who worked with the stones. It is all completely fictional.

The movie features "worried about you" prominently, has a scene where Fiennes dances to emotional rescue, "heaven" is also included, and there is a scene where Fiennes describes working with the stones on voodoo lounge

Caught me totally off guard but was fun to have so much stones music in a movie and to have it woven into the story

Re: Stones music featured in "a bigger splash"
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 28, 2016 19:50

Cool Turner, that flick looks intense.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 29, 2016 23:26

I just saw it... Loved it. The whole movie looks like a big Stones tribute...

Reference to some huge Stones facts
Tilda having a concert in San Siro. Tilda's biggest hit seems to be one of the Stones songs and so on.

Don't want to give away too much here

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 30, 2016 00:47

Mick said the A BIGGER BANG title was inspired by David Hockney's painting A Bigger Splash:

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 10, 2016 04:42

Turner68

Caught me totally off guard but was fun to have so much stones music in a movie and to have it woven into the story

Just saw this this evening. Not just the music is of the Stones! ** Spoiler alert ** In a flashback interview Fiennes comments on Brian Jones's death. And then Fiennes later dies similarly to Brian with similar who-did-what? aspects. Also love triangle aspects might have been meant to echo Brian-Anita-Keith triangle.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 10, 2016 06:14

Title5Take1
Turner68

Just saw this this evening. Not just the music is of the Stones! ** Spoiler alert ** In a flashback interview Fiennes comments on Brian Jones's death. And then Fiennes later dies similarly to Brian with similar who-did-what? aspects. Also love triangle aspects might have been meant to echo Brian-Anita-Keith triangle.

yep. i avoided mentioning some of those details so as not to spoil, but the stones are woven through the whole movie, not just as background, but as part of the plot...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2053
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home