Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New York Fan Alex Emanuel meets The Rolling Stones at Exhibitionism
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 20, 2016 19:09

Like the blonde models in the front rows in SHINE A LIGHT (which I didn't actually mind). Makes me think of an Oakley Sunglasses article where an executive said, "Sometimes we'll see people we wish weren't wearing our sunglasses."

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 20, 2016 20:33

Silver Dagger
paulywaul
Silver Dagger
To me this looks very much as if the Stones PR agency picked a trained actor to play the part of a Stones super fan.

While Alex Emanuel may well be a real Stones fan it doesn’t look good that he’s a professional actor and the whole thing smacks of hype in order to gain maximum PR coverage for the band and Exhibitionism.

thumbs up

I hearby nominate a re-count and put forward paulywaul to get to meet the band.

If they are looking for an American, I nominate ME!! I can string two words together as well as this guy. It was cool to see, but it's too bad they didn't pick a regular fan.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 20, 2016 21:17

Silver Dagger
paulywaul
Silver Dagger
To me this looks very much as if the Stones PR agency picked a trained actor to play the part of a Stones super fan.

While Alex Emanuel may well be a real Stones fan it doesn’t look good that he’s a professional actor and the whole thing smacks of hype in order to gain maximum PR coverage for the band and Exhibitionism.

thumbs up

I hearby nominate a re-count and put forward paulywaul to get to meet the band.

Thanks all the same, but paulywaul doesn't actually want to meet the band, paulywaul doesn't really believe in meeting his heroes ... he prefers to simply be a fan and worship from afar. Well ... maybe not from afar, the front row of a rock n' roll show ideally, but no closer - so to say

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 20, 2016 21:20

I think Liz Lewis Casting Agency had the most influence on the contestant winner.
They did all the auditions and submitted the ones they thought would work best.
Im sure Alex wasnt the only actor they submitted, but I bet most of their submissions were pulled from their own talent pool or files of actors that fit the description.
God forbid they would have chosen a slob like me! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: May 20, 2016 21:55

paulywaul
...paulywaul doesn't actually want to meet the band, paulywaul doesn't really believe in meeting his heroes ...

'Never touch your idols: the gilding will stick to your fingers.'

Olly.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 20, 2016 22:33

God it's so fake. Now I know why Charlie was so reluctant to be involved and fair play to Charlie.

Date: May 20, 2016 23:01

When seeing the video, but before reading anything, I thought, "With his gravelly voice he could be in the cast of VINYL." Makes sense now!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 21, 2016 00:12

Oh, FFS! Really? Shabby. At least when I met 'em, I snuck up on 'em fair and square. But if they'd like to make it up to us and fete a Real Fan in all their faded, dowdy glory, I'll be there Thursday morning. With my fabulous br... Never mind.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 21, 2016 00:28

Good for you, Alex.

Edit... guess it is the Trivago guy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-21 00:43 by schillid.

Date: May 21, 2016 00:58

SomeTorontoGirl
Oh, FFS! Really? Shabby. At least when I met 'em, I snuck up on 'em fair and square. But if they'd like to make it up to us and fete a Real Fan in all their faded, dowdy glory, I'll be there Thursday morning. With my fabulous br... Never mind.

Well that takes me outta the running....again.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 21, 2016 01:24

odean73
God it's so fake. Now I know why Charlie was so reluctant to be involved and fair play to Charlie.

Agree 100%. My respect for Charlie has increased even more. And after learning this was a scam, I've changed my mind and will NOT be going to Exhibitionism.

Drew

Date: May 21, 2016 01:31

latebloomer

[Smile] You're the only one who indulges my fantasies...!

Date: May 21, 2016 02:30

SomeTorontoGirl
latebloomer

[Smile] You're the only one who indulges my fantasies...!

Happy to be of service, STG. After all, who here hasn't had a fantasy or two about those four lads from London. grinning smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 21, 2016 03:14

maumau
to me this looks like some modern day "reality" bit tv, where reality is so hyped, edited and produced that is made to look as fake as possible.

guess i'm out of time smiling smiley

well i was being optimistic winking smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 21, 2016 14:10

I think it was obvious that he wasn't a "real" fan just based on the reaction when he was "surprised" by The Stones. It looked like take 14 or something. No enthusiasm, shock or amazement in his face what so ever. I guess most people on here would react very differently if The Rolling Stones suddenly stood behind you and called you by name.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 21, 2016 17:55

I agree with SPIKENYC, this guy was just hand-picked for his looks and bio....that pisses me off because there are millions of real Stones fans who would have had their world rocked by such a meeting!! They wanted this to LOOK great so this Alex " won"....photo ops won out over real fans. What a shame!

Date: May 22, 2016 08:25

The Worst.
I guess most people on here would react very differently if The Rolling Stones suddenly stood behind you and called you by name.

Reminds me of Muhammad Ali sneaking up on kid fans >>> [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-22 08:27 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 22, 2016 11:26

Maybe a fake band (click tracks, pre-recorded bits, supporting musicians behind the scenes, overdubs) needs fake fans? In the same way as the general public craves fake politicians?

Date: May 22, 2016 16:44

Maybe this is in the wrong thread? Maybe THIS is the Stones true Spinal Tap moment!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 23, 2016 14:38

The Worst.
I think it was obvious that he wasn't a "real" fan just based on the reaction when he was "surprised" by The Stones. It looked like take 14 or something. No enthusiasm, shock or amazement in his face what so ever. I guess most people on here would react very differently if The Rolling Stones suddenly stood behind you and called you by name.

So true! tongue sticking out smiley

Well, to his credit, he did deliver his lines quite adroitly. Looks like he had them memorized, rather than having to rely on cue cards. Altho, as you suggest, Act 2, Scene 3 (i.e., "Sneak Attack of the Stones on Unsuspecting Mega-Fan" ) did look like it may have been Take 14.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-23 14:40 by swiss.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 23, 2016 14:54

I guess this reflects the fact that the fan is the lowest player in the music industry food-chain. So low, that someone else has to play his role in a commercial like this.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 23, 2016 15:27

The Worst.

smileys with beersmileys with beer
True !!!
jeroen

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home