Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

PERISCOPE QUESTION
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 18:39

Hello all,

I have Periscope installed on my smartphone. Do I need a Twitter account? I downloaded the app but didn't register on Twitter. Will I have a problem broadcasting a show?

Thanks, Sockers56

Re: PERISCOPE QUESTION
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 10, 2016 18:51

Sockers56
Hello all,

I have Periscope installed on my smartphone. Do I need a Twitter account? I downloaded the app but didn't register on Twitter. Will I have a problem broadcasting a show?

Thanks, Sockers56

If you are going to broadcast you might as well sign up for twitter because it will tell people (show up in twitter searches) that you are live. I don't have any of them them (not a smart phone, periscope or twitter) but I know how it works from reading it over and over, so unless those people were kidding...

You want to have a twitter account too. Then when you want to see a periscope show, or any periscope event, and/if you are a follower on twitter of someone who is at the event WHEN they start scoping you will be automatically notified when it happens. I think you have to logged in to twitter and periscope and everything when they go live and your phone will beep or something.

It seems the big benefit of having a smart phone for periscope is when you want to see a live scope (I have heard) there is a map function you can use to zoom in to a city and if anyone is scoping anywhere in that area it will show up and you can zoom in to them, click it and watch.

When I get a smart phone, and that day is coming, I will be all over this.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 18:54 by jambay.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 18:54

Thanks for the input.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 10, 2016 18:55

Sockers56
Thanks for the input.

My pleasure,
I am a fan of scopes and scopers, let us know when you are live.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1054
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home