Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great Show & Set List
Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: August 23, 2005 04:37

It didn't take long for the morons to start bashing the set list. I'm so sick of hearing from you so called "fans" who say I went to 20 shows, I'm sick of the same songs. Don't go if you don't want to hear them. I talked with many people Sunday who saw the Stones for the 1st time, and they want to hear Satisfaction & HTW JJF etc. I went to Neil Youngs Greendale last year, and most of the people complained he didn't do his "war horses" because that what what they wanted to hear.

Right from the get go The crowd was into the show. The crowd gets into SMU YGMR TD, singing & screaming along with Mick.

What is amazing is they played 4 new songs from ABB and the Ray Charles tribute Night Time. That's five songs that many had never heard. That's why the Stones are who they are. They could have played it safe and done more 60s hits, but to see the boys introducing that much new material is exciting. They are still not afraid to take risks. BOMY with Mick on slide may have been the high point for me, the Stones playing the blues! Night Time was fantastic and had the crowd cheering mightily. She's So Cold and Heartbreaker were great to hear, and thank goodness for OOC. The Stones need to play more of their new classics.

There performance in my opinion was outstanding. They had a passion in their music and had fun playing the new stuff. So please, before you start bashing the band, go see them and listen to the new stuff. Why do people complain they want new stuff and then complain when they get it?

The Stones still rule the Rock & Roll world.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-23 19:57 by saturn57.

Re: Great Show & Set List
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 23, 2005 04:42

Great Post........

But um........they played "Send It To Me"? I didn't see that in the setlist?

Is this a typo?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 23, 2005 04:48

So Saturn - first you bash the morons who bash the setlist and then you complain about not having more of "their new classics." Join the moron parade!!!!

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: August 23, 2005 07:44

Nice post Saturn, I agree. It's The Stones baby!

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: August 23, 2005 09:16

AT last a positive post about the show and the setlist!
I think this show is drawing attention from both old fans and new ones!
They're doing the best to keep all fans happy!
I so would love to be there, but I have to wait until next year!
Until then, I will keep posting here in a positive manner.
Thanks for your posts in this thread!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 23, 2005 11:21

Nice post Saturn. Thanks.

Fan Since 1964 wrote: "AT last a positive post about the show and the setlist!"

This is not the only one, of course. There are a lot of positive reports.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 23, 2005 11:30

i have seen the stones 2 times
and both times were fantastic.I really dont mind what they play as long as i get to see them again.
alot you have seen them so many times

Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: August 23, 2005 11:34

i don't care what they play, as long as they play.
Will be plenty to moan about, when the music stops.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: August 23, 2005 11:36

If we all agreed on everything then we wouldn't have something to talk about. Whenever the Stones do anything, they get more critisism on this site than positive reviews. This is just because it is easier to knock things than to praise them. However, just because some people were disapointed by the set list, doesn't mean that they are not true fans.

I expect if you go to any band's forum you will find similar complaints about setlists and the same old songs...

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: August 23, 2005 11:37

You're absolutely right!

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: August 23, 2005 20:11

StonesTod,

You missed the point. What I mean is that The Stones didn't end with Exiles or Tatoo You,etc. They are still a great band that continues to make great new music. I absolutely loved the set they played on Sunday, but if they play songs from Steels Wheels and going forward that's great too because these later albums have produced some great songs that get overlooked.

The Stones music isn't from 1963-1972, it is from 1963 to current. I just wish people would enjoy what they give us instead of complaining about what they didn't play, that's all.

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: August 23, 2005 20:26

Great post Saturn. I'm going to the show in Ottawa on Sunday with my sister. I'm 38 and have seen the Stones a dozen times. I, like others here, look forward to the new tunes and some of the other "non-warhorses". My sister on the other hand is 48 and has never seen them before. She's a casual fan who feels this may be her last chance so she's going to the Ottawa and Montreal shows. She definetely would be dissapointed without the mainstays in the setlist. I too think the Stones did a good job and look forward to a few changes here and there with the setlist. The point is they try and keep everyone happy and I think they are and will accomplish this. (at least for most folks)

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 23, 2005 22:12

(AKA StonesTod)

Saturn:

I didn't miss your point at all. I'm merely pointing out that one person's "bashing" is another person's "wishing" or "suggestion for future improvements" of the setlist. I "wished" they would play a few more rarities. You and others taking that as "bashing." Whatever - just words. You called me and others "so called fans." Whatever, again. You don't own the definition of the word "fan."

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:24

ya opinions welcome,,we all have some bits & pieces to share about the Greatest,,ya no the Rolling Bones,,,just kiddin,,,,im there on friday,,,,Well Alright

Posted by: Tumbling Dice ()
Date: August 24, 2005 01:06

ADRIAN_L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i don't care what they play, as long as they
> play.
> Will be plenty to moan about, when the music
> stops.

Great post I agree totaly, ask any DeadHead how it felt when Jerry Died , we don't realize how lucky we are to still have these great rockers around what will we all do when there gone ... enjoy it while you can ... This could be the last time...............

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home